Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Signings?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

New Signings?

This thread currently has 9,265 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
August 6, 2015, 8:22am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Id bring Bogle on in last 25 should we need another option. We have a strong squad and injuries will always occur, it's how we deal with replacing the player who's injured. Let's get behind the team and supper whatever 11 are on the pitch at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
diehardmariner
August 6, 2015, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from BeijingMariner

then why on earth did you say it on a public forum?

Because I was sharing information that I felt might be of interest to others.

Take it as you want.  I've been told some information by someone (who I'm not prepared to unveil).  

I'm not in the game of just starting rumours for the sake of starting them.  In fact I rarely share the limited information I do get fed. To be honest I actually thought the situation with Brown's knees had been mentioned numerous times on here and indeed through outlets such as the Telegraph and Humberside, obviously that's not the case.

If the information is right or wrong, I really don't understand the obsession on this forum with requiring a 'source' for every little bit of news that's not in the mainstream.  If these 'sources' were unveiled do you really think they would share any information in future?

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
diehardmariner
August 6, 2015, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539

It doesn't seem that sports science and countless years of experience has either prevented injuries or fixed them, does it?

I must confess I am disappointed about the injury situation because I thought we had learned the lesson from last year when the same thing happened. The problem isn't so much the number of games, it's the number of players in the squad in certain position. We are simply short on numbers.

OK some injuries may be niggles but we have 3 of the squad who have hardly played in pre-season. The knock on effect of this is that squad rotation in those friendlies was cut back and other players maybe had to be given too much game time.

Having said that it has been an excellent pre-season in many ways. At least 2 young lads have shown they can fit in the squad and the way the team has played and score goals has been refreshing. I just hope we don't get any more injuries and we can do ourselves justice in August this year.

You can't prevent injuries.  

With the case of Marshall and Brown it was sustained in games, other than insisting that players don't go in for challenges you'll never remove that risk.

Robertson is a bit of a concern but isn't this a knock-on from his injury last season, perhaps from coming back to early to play at Wembley?

For Bogle I'm just reading it as his body is taking time to adjust from part-time training to full-time.  Some players adapt naturally, some take time.  It is a bit disappointing because he's come here with a lot of expectations and we've paid a fee, but I would much rather he pick up these knocks and niggles now rather than mid-November, for example.

I know what you're saying and from looking like we had potentially two good teams to put out, we feel a bit down to the bare bones again.  I'm still confident we've got a very good 11 to put out with decent options on the bench.  This time a year ago we had signed Alan Connell just so we had another striker and bench full of kids and the (at the time) much maligned Craig Clay.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
ginnywings
August 6, 2015, 5:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
We're jinxed i tell ya.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Laddy89
August 6, 2015, 6:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -184
Gold Stars: 6
Couple of injuries but no need to worry..

McKeown

Tait
Pearson
Gowling
East

Mackreth
Clay
Disley
Monkhouse

Amond
Arnold/Bogle

Sounds great to me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
rancido
August 6, 2015, 8:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Trying to stay positive but this is all very disappointing. One of the main aims of the close season is to get players to play a system and get use to each others ability and play, yeah this as worked a treat but now come the time you really want to put it into practice the friggin most important part, the main aim etc ...half the fecking squad is injured.

The manager is now frantically scrambling around looking for new players?????? WTF IS GOING ON???

YES WE WANT THE PLAYERS TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING..... NOT LITERALLY BUT TO FECKING GET UP AGAIN !!!

So now hurst as to start again (during the season) fitting new players in  WHICH WAS WHAT THE CLOSE SEASON WAS FOR FFS
IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN HERE. Didn't the same thing happen last season.

Talk about over the top !!! We don't have half the squad injured and injuries can occur at any time especially in training. The problem we had last season wasn't just down to injuries - we had three players suspended but hey let's overlook that!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Trawler
August 6, 2015, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from rancido

Talk about over the top !!! We don't have half the squad injured and injuries can occur at any time especially in training. The problem we had last season wasn't just down to injuries - we had three players suspended but hey let's overlook that!

Facts. They're brilliant.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
forza ivano
August 6, 2015, 8:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from rancido

Trust you to ruin things rancido. Letting facts get in the way of a good rant.ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Signings?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.