FishOutOfWater
August 29, 2015, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from barralad

The rules should allow for that sort of behaviour to be given a red card. The police/stewards were struggling to control the Town fans after the penalty decision anyway when along comes Rhead to pour petrol on that particular set of flames. There were young children caught up in that...

So the police are well aware that Rhead's celebratory antics were potentially inflaming an already volatile situation...

I would expect the boys in blue are currently sorting out a knock on his door in the same way that Elding was pursued by them after his celebrations a few years back....then again, as it's not Town being taken to task, they'll probably just ignore this ape's provocation
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 28
grimps
August 30, 2015, 5:41am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

So the police are well aware that Rhead's celebratory antics were potentially inflaming an already volatile situation...

I would expect the boys in blue are currently sorting out a knock on his door in the same way that Elding was pursued by them after his celebrations a few years back....then again, as it's not Town being taken to task, they'll probably just ignore this ape's provocation

It's Derby day !
I'd expect some excitement from the crowd
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
barralad
August 30, 2015, 8:51am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimps

It's Derby day !
I'd expect some excitement from the crowd

As per usual you've missed the point. There was loads of passion from the fans in a way you'd expect given the pressure cooker environment of a derby game. The issue with Rhead was that as a professional
footballer should have been able to see that he didn't need to commit to any actions that would make the situation worse. If you or I walked towards a group of people in the process of being contained by the Police and started mouthing off we would very quickly (and probably rightly) be jumped upon. Rhead should've had the gumption to not inflame the situation anymore and he failed spectacularly..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
grimps
August 30, 2015, 8:53am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from barralad

As per usual you've missed the point. There was loads of passion from the fans in a way you'd expect given the pressure cooker environment of a derby game. The issue with Rhead was that as a professional
footballer should have been able to see that he didn't need to commit to any actions that would make the situation worse. If you or I walked towards a group of people in the process of being contained by the Police and started mouthing off we would very quickly (and probably rightly) be jumped upon. Rhead should've had the gumption to not inflame the situation anymore and he failed spectacularly..

All true but as a Grimsby fan I'd have loved it if Bogle had gone over and done the same to their fans
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
RoboCod
August 30, 2015, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from grimps

All true but as a Grimsby fan I'd have loved it if Bogle had gone over and done the same to their fans

I wouldn't, Bogle's better than that. And I do mean BETTER than that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Marinerz93
August 30, 2015, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimps

If Bogle had done the same as Rhead their fans / club would have reported Bogle to the FA and Police.

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/b3px0o.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
grimsby pete
August 30, 2015, 6:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Gowling could find himself out of the team for a long time because of his foolish act,

If we go on a winning run and start being tight at the back like last season,

He will only get back in the team if  either Shaun or Toto get an injury.

It will only be his own fault, at his age he should have known better.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
ackomariner
August 30, 2015, 10:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Gowling could find himself out of the team for a long time because of his foolish act,

If we go on a winning run and start being tight at the back like last season,

He will only get back in the team if  either Shaun or Toto get an injury.

It will only be his own fault, at his age he should have known better.

Could be right Pete because Toto was faultless when he came on yesterday

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
mariner91
August 30, 2015, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,654
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from ackomariner

Could be right Pete because Toto was faultless when he came on yesterday

He was excellent. He dealt with Rhead far better than the other two centre backs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A change of fortune

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.