August 30, 2015, 9:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from grimps
I know how you feel mate !
Unless you tow the party line on here people jump straight down your throat.
It has been exactly the same for the last 4 seasons , I can understand people trying to stay positive at all times and all the motivational balderdash that comes with that.

The thing is you could be positive and motivational  to Vanessa feltz , You could tell her to believe and we could have 1000s of passionate supports cheering her every move but she'd still never beat Usian Bolt in a 100 meters race.

Many people are now seeing that this season is panning out the same as the last 4 , We will hear the
''lets wait until after ten games before judging''
,''lets give it till Christmas'' ,
then it'll be'' well whats the point of changing now, wait until the close season''

I've heard these lines trotted out for the last 4 years and still here we are again miles behind the pace still in August.

Hurst needs to improve things fast because the one step forward two steps back from the last 4 seasons is wearing thin now

It's not about staying positive, it's about having been at the game and having a view on it. In the last two games we have snatched a point against the odds, granted Hurst made too many changes against Torquay IMO but the players still showed the character and ability to comeback 2nd half. Yesterday was a very good performance, I can't remember us playing so well with 10 men. If you haven't made it to the game, in my eyes you don't have a valid opinion on it, I realise people can't always make the game for whatever reason but sitting, getting mad at the radio and the fishy can't be fun.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Ipswin
August 30, 2015, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimps
I know how you feel mate !
Unless you tow the party line on here people jump straight down your throat.
It has been exactly the same for the last 4 seasons , I can understand people trying to stay positive at all times and all the motivational balderdash that comes with that.

The thing is you could be positive and motivational  to Vanessa feltz , You could tell her to believe and we could have 1000s of passionate supports cheering her every move but she'd still never beat Usian Bolt in a 100 meters race.

Many people are now seeing that this season is panning out the same as the last 4 , We will hear the
''lets wait until after ten games before judging''
,''lets give it till Christmas'' ,
then it'll be'' well whats the point of changing now, wait until the close season''

I've heard these lines trotted out for the last 4 years and still here we are again miles behind the pace still in August.

Hurst needs to improve things fast because the one step forward two steps back from the last 4 seasons is wearing thin now

Exfuckingactly!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
LH
August 30, 2015, 9:43am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,586
Gold Stars: 175
Surely a draw with an hour with ten men is a good result regardless whether you've been or not? Or do some people just want to moan for the sake of it? There is no party line to toe imo. We all want the same thing it's just some of us are a little more patient than others.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
codcheeky
August 30, 2015, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,261
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Mariner93er
I think sometimes you've got to ignore where we are in the table and simply enjoy supporting your team. And this team, for me personally, is making it easy for me to support them with entertaining performances. We could all support your Manchester City's or Manchester Uniteds but we don't, and telling people that I dont and telling them who I support is always a pleasure, no matter where we are in any league. I sometimes think of what it would be like if we didn't have a club and it puts it into perspective for me as to how lucky I am to have a club that I feel proud to support, and means I always try to be positive about Grimsby Town. Naturally some people will think I'm babbling on, and I totally understand their critical stance, its your right as a supporter. But sometimes you just have to enjoy supporting other wise why do you do it?

Excellent post, the same people who are unhappy now will still be unhappy if we were not winning every week in league one or league two, we all want town promoted but the constant negativity by a few especially when they havent even been to the match is ridiculous
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
big al
August 30, 2015, 10:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from jonnyboy82
First off can I say there are the likes of Ginny and chaos who basically say what i mean but in a more passive way shall we say , then you have me who say what i think and try to be reasonable with a bit of sometimes i admit awful banter   but some agree with me to the main that its the same old chopping and changing to poor start year on year..

Some can take it in their stride and not be concerned its like previous seasons on repeat like barra fishoutofwater and headingly mariner and thats fair play to them thats there opinion even if it to me makes them rather easily pleased or deluded not sure yet which.

Then you have forza plus some strange bloke who pretends to be pizza and his buddies who just straight away go for insults and have very little up top to form a valid opinion so i pretty much disregard what they say tbh.

The common thing is we all want promotion and some can see paul getting it hopefully before 2020 and some cant and are not happy this is our fifth season and seem to be lagging behind quite alot already.

I honestly have nothing personal towards him much to somes surprise maybe i just cant sit back after being 9 points behind the leaders already and hope things come good , i like to think all the chopping and needless changing paul does he does because he thinks its worth it i like to say he does it because he still does not know that a settled eleven is key to a successful team.

I must admit his interviews are much improved but his management skills and even the way his team starts seasons are not.

I even saw someone put on here that paul pulled off a masterstroke for leaving two strikers on yesterday i mean come on we were losing ffs it was hardly a masterstroke.

Anyway what im saying is good luck to town and i will be attending most games when work permits me to but im done for a bit on here now as i think we all need a bit of a break from each other   and lets hope town can pull a run together.

Ginny chaos acko and a few others keep it balanced eh  

It's not the same though. A team with character, commitment and ambition. Not going our way at present and I too doubt us being champions now but the football is good to watch - it's not the same.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
mariner91
August 30, 2015, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
I don't have an issue with someone being negative, of course there are things that are cause for concern. But I find it hilarious when people comment on the entertainment value of a performance they've not seen or experienced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
denni266
August 30, 2015, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Dont see why you should be bullied off the sit just because  some dont like to hear the truth.  everyone sees things differently. just some on here want to force ther opinnion on the site
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
grimsby pete
August 30, 2015, 12:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
A goal is given that did not cross the line in our only defeat, Must be Hurst's fault,

A defender gives a pen away and gets sent off, Must be Hurst's fault ,

In the first match our defenders give silly goals away, Must be Hurst's fault,

The only blame I put at Hurst's door is dropping Amond against Torquay, He wont do that again,

You will be back Jonnyboy after we win the next 3 games,

Enjoy your break.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Tangerine Chris
August 30, 2015, 12:28pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Jonnyboy, you forgot that classic quote that keeps popping up this season, "On paper, we have the best team in the league"

What a shame the game is played on grass and not paper  

I am with you all the way on this argument, Paul Hurst will NEVER get us out of this league, he just does not have the ability to change things around when our backs are against the wall.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
speedy
August 30, 2015, 1:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Jonnyboy, you forgot that classic quote that keeps popping up this season, "On paper, we have the best team in the league"

What a shame the game is played on grass and not paper  

I am with you all the way on this argument, Paul Hurst will NEVER get us out of this league, he just does not have the ability to change things around when our backs are against the wall.

2-0 down.. got back to 2-2.. 1-0 down with 10 men.. got to 1-1.. what exactly do you mean he can't change things when our backs are against the wall? I'd say he often struggles to change it when we're ahead to give us that extra needed to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodnight from me chaps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.