arryarryarry
October 5, 2015, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Are you kidding about it being good value?

1.  Commentary is from Radio Humberside which you get free online or on DAB Digital
2.  Highlights/goals/players interview clips are always on you tube BEFORE they go on MP
3.  Post Match Interview is on AUDIOBOO long before it appears on MP

All 3 of them are available FREE online, so remind me again why its good value?

Re your point two, only the odd goal or highlights appear on youtube, you make it read like all of them are.  

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Southwark Mariner
October 5, 2015, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
I do get the feeling it's underused by the club but there is much more on Mariners Player than what you get from Humberside and youtube. Humberside only ever broadcast John Tondeur interviewing Hurst after a match, but now and again other people ask him questions. I also enjoy logging into other teams' Player sites to listen to them moan about a defeat etc or them describing why they're loaning a player to GTFC. The extended highlights are rarely on youtube.

It is much better value now that it is reasonable quality. I was thinking about stopping it (although I probably wouldn't have anyway) until they sorted that out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Chrisblor
October 5, 2015, 11:34am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,877
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

FACT  Audio commentary on Mariners Player is BBC Radio Humberside commentary with JT commentating.
FACT  Paul Hurst Post Match Interview was on BBC Radio Humberside, who loaded it up to AUDIOBOO at 6pm saturday night, only difference with MP is that you can see PH instead of just listening to him.
FACT.  JPPs goal was put on youtube before the highlights appeared on MP.
When a new player comes to the club, their interview is put on GTFCs youtube channel the same time as it is put on MP

So can you please point out where I am not correct?

Surely through your pedantry you realise that some content is ONLY available through Mariners Player - full-length pre-match interviews (not the edited version broadcast on Humberside), extended highlights and player interviews for example? In addition, you cannot listen to Radio Humberside through regular means if you're located outside the UK. Not all Town fans live in the UK, hence a Player subscription is worth it for them if they want to listen to games.

If someone feels this additional content is worth a subscription they're free to subscribe, much in the same way you're free to get on your high horse about some content being made freely available.

I used to be one of the biggest critics of Mariners Player on here, but they've pulled their finger out now and improved the service no end.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
chaos33
October 5, 2015, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,940
Gold Stars: 360
What arryarrarry said

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
mimma
October 5, 2015, 12:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Town also get some money out of it. It's less than a fiver a month it's not as it's a fortune ffs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
grimsby pete
October 5, 2015, 12:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Don't forget your half price town shirt.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Southwark Mariner
October 5, 2015, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
There was recently a campaign on the club website saying "help us reach 1,000 subscribers". If that's true and they've fewer than 1,000 subscribers, then they really can't be making much out of it. Even if the managing company only takes a small percentage, there's very little left over. I'd have thought there'd be more people subscribing, unless a load of people cancelled before they upped the quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.