3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Trawler
October 4, 2015, 5:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Not good enough. Relieved we're out - no more fixture clashes with Town. And after watching 95 mins of nerve wracking football at home where my team regularly fail to deliver to their potential I really don't need 85 mins of England egg chasers doing the same.  My heart isn't strong enough.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2015, 8:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And clearly not English ?

er.. Yes .

I'd be more gutted if we got beat at dominoes by Germany tbh

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
lee65
October 4, 2015, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I like it Louth, take the Germans on at 5's and 3's  , I'm sure BT sport might pick it up too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
arryarryarry
October 4, 2015, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Rugby Uniozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2015, 10:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,962
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I like the game. I used to like l playing it at school. I wasn't good enough at football but I could "do" rugby. I quite like watching it, though I wouldn't go out of my way. I like to see England win.

Having said that, all the supercilious, superior attitude a lot of rugger-buggers display towards football gives the last two results a slight twinge of pleasure. Yes there's stuff we could learn, but don't overdo it Oliver, or Josh or Susan.

Living in SW London this past 20-odd years you come across plenty of the male masturbators. In their pristine white shirts on days when England play. Half of them were previously "dedicated" England (football) fans. Now they've found something else. And pretty soon they'll be searching for the next thing that will fill that void of missing community, missing the point again. A big chunk of the other half in their too big for town BMW 4x4s. It's "a family game, but you and your family can get out of my way".

Then there's the hypocrisy. You never hear of rugby fans pissing in people's front gardens do you? Littering the streets. Throwing up. Being rowdy. They're just "good natured".

Then this time round, to make matters worse, all the overblown adverts that infest football tournaments, big brands who "share your passion" have infected the airwaves around this one.  Well there'll be a good few less people to "share the passion" with after tonight.  

So tonight I'm quite happy about that.

Tennis usually welcomes those "white shirts" After playing league and a bit of Union for a few years I coached Youth rugby union for 8 years at the local club more to see some lads who could have dropped off the straight and narrow building some self respect and feeling part of something rather than the love of the game and yes there is loads of hypocrisy as this game has plenty of idiots who cant drink for sh1t. The stuffy boys club politics even drips down to club level which is partly why I cant even watch the game now.

Loads if similarities with the rugby set up and the soccer set up at international level in that its a pro game that is a still basically run by amateurs in blazers. As an Englishman I like to watch England win at anything apart from tennis.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
FishOutOfWater
October 5, 2015, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Tennis usually welcomes those "white shirts" After playing league and a bit of Union for a few years I coached Youth rugby union for 8 years at the local club more to see some lads who could have dropped off the straight and narrow building some self respect and feeling part of something rather than the love of the game and yes there is loads of hypocrisy as this game has plenty of idiots who cant drink for sh1t. The stuffy boys club politics even drips down to club level which is partly why I cant even watch the game now.

Loads if similarities with the rugby set up and the soccer set up at international level in that its a pro game that is a still basically run by amateurs in blazers. As an Englishman I like to watch England win at anything apart from tennis.      

Sounds like there's no love lost there then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Egg chasers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.