3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
October 8, 2015, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Surely FGR will be reinstalled as favourites now they've restored their 7 point lead?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Caesar
October 8, 2015, 8:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from chaos33
Surely FGR will be reinstalled as favourites now they've restored their 7 point lead?

Yup, we are now second favourites again!  

[url]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
GrimRob
October 8, 2015, 9:21am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sounds risky using money you haven't got yet (and not guaranteed to get) to bet on something else which is also not guaranteed to win. So if you've misjudged your original "value" bet and it really is an 11:1 shot and it doesn't come home. Yes you might win one of the other teams you've backed but you'd also have to balance that against the stakes on the all other bets which you've lost.

Or have I misunderstood?

That's why you only ever put a relatively small bet down as a marker. If you lose it's a trivial amount, Once the odds move in your direction then you start putting down a lot more money.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 28
GrimRob
October 8, 2015, 9:25am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from highcliff mariner

That's a joke right . ? This time next year an all that ,there is only one eventual winner in that gambling lark .

97% of people lose at betting, 3% win. The last four years I have won and there seems little chance of me losing this year considering how much I am up and we're 80% of the way through the year. Winning is not guaranteed of course but most people bet in a way that there is very little chance of them winning long term,

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 28
Rick12
October 8, 2015, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Caesar

Yup, we are now second favourites again!  

[url]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner[/url]
Site I use as well and what I like about it is it has a spread of all the bookies.Having said that there is nothing in it looking at these odds

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
GYinScuntland
October 8, 2015, 7:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GrimRob

97% of people lose at betting, 3% win. The last four years I have won and there seems little chance of me losing this year considering how much I am up and we're 80% of the way through the year. Winning is not guaranteed of course but most people bet in a way that there is very little chance of them winning long term,

I only bet on footy but one of my wives used to pick horses because of their cute names, she won and won and won and won...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
rancido
October 8, 2015, 8:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I only bet on footy but one of my wives used to pick horses because of their cute names, she won and won and won and won...

How many do you have?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
GYinScuntland
October 8, 2015, 8:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from rancido

How many do you have?

None now, got rid of both of them. Mind you... there's a hell of a bulge in the patio.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2015, 10:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

97% of the 3% are bookmakers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby now clear favourites for the title

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.