This thread currently has 3,952 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
October 9, 2015, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
When you look back over the last few years we have had some dross, Disco Des and ten shovels come to mind. It's fair to say this team is a refreshing change in that is as no utter dross in it. Also nice to see players give 110% effort. Watch Clay the lad makes some cracking tackles and wins balls he looks second best to get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Manchester Mariner
October 9, 2015, 9:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from fiveallive
Tomi Ameobi and Marvin Kamara

Arnaud Mendy too. Newells tenure was an absolutely abysmal time to be a Town supporter.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
ginnywings
October 9, 2015, 9:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Arnaud Mendy too. Newells tenure was an absolutely abysmal time to be a Town supporter.

We were discussing the Newell regime at the game the other night and how we were all excited at his appointment.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Manchester Mariner
October 9, 2015, 10:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

We were discussing the Newell regime at the game the other night and how we were all excited at his appointment.  

I was too. Sort of felt it wasn't going to pan out after the opening day home mauling by Crewe. Just a massive disappointment and that last desperate throw of the dice load of loan signings epitomized it all.

And Tommy 'future England number 1' Forecast.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
KingstonMariner
October 9, 2015, 10:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fiveallive
He had a brief loan spell from Cardiff City, Stuart watkiss brought him in with Tomi Ameobi and Marvin Kamara if i remember Mike Newel[/b[b]]l took over and sent them all back he did the hit bar with a great effort if remember. Tomi Ameobi was awful.

Apparently Mike was well known for it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Abdul19
October 10, 2015, 12:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Josh's Town career according to Soccerbase was a start against Rochdale in Newell's final game and then a week later coming on as a sub at Bournemouth in Woods' first game in (caretaker) charge

Must have been an eye opener for a teenager coming to our place in that season (09/10)....at least he's moved on and up in the last six years so good luck to the lad with N.I.

My only recollection of Ameobi was when we played at home to Barnet ( 08/09) and lost 1-0 just after AB's last departure which has to go down as one of the worst perfomances I've ever seen from us

I was in the Upper for that game and I remember some people near me leaving with only an hour gone...we were dire and it was clear to see Watkiss didn't have any idea what to do, which must have sealed his fate if he thought he might get the job full time. The worst possible sort of "interview" I guess

Still at least now we have something to feel positive about....as much as we were still in the league then, we weren't half served up with some dross!  

As well as it being one of the worst games I've ever watched, I also seem to remember us wearing our away kit!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Magennis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.