Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The.. thats why were screaming for amond thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 284 Guests

The.. thats why were screaming for amond thread

This thread currently has 5,085 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
October 13, 2015, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from chaos33
Nah, I didn't pick that up Paddy.

I did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
Rodley Mariner
October 13, 2015, 10:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Good to hear. Sounds like exactly what you'd want him to say. I have to say that the idea that PH is a terrible man-manager doesn't really tally with the way players like Mckeown, Pearson and Disley have been loyal to him or the atmosphere that seems to exist in the squads he builds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Rik e B
October 13, 2015, 10:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Perhaps sometimes he's cruel to be kind and they either ship up or ship out. When they ship up they would run through walls for each other.

This shouldn't be the knock Hurst childish 'I told you so thread'

but the downright Podge is God I wanna have his kids thread  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
HackneyHaddock
October 13, 2015, 10:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
What a moany, miserable typically Fishy, typically Grimsby opening post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
October 14, 2015, 9:03am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

That was my take on it too.

Have to say that Halifax were dire and Tomlinson would probably have scored a couple if he'd started but Amond was top draw.

sorry, shouldnt have used humour, and should have spelled that out for you Ginny, I just forgot...
Reply: 24 - 29
WokingMariner
October 14, 2015, 9:07am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
No thanks to PH for not rushing him back from his injury

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 29
ginnywings
October 14, 2015, 9:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 935

sorry, shouldnt have used humour, and should have spelled that out for you Ginny, I just forgot...

Cheers. Sorry too for not picking up on your razor sharp wit......................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
excusebeef
October 14, 2015, 9:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I also found Hurst's interview just as interesting when talking about Tomlinson post match. Almost similar to Hannah last year in that the guy seems infectious in the dressing room, supportive of all the players and works his socks off. Fans have no clue about which players are a good influence off the field. If we are to get out of this league, we need the players supporting one another. Fans moaning at the manager/tactics/booing players that are held in high regard from those inside the squad etc certainly won't help. Reality is we're 10 unbeaten having come off the back of a run of playing amost of the top teams, we're right in contention, we're joint top scorers, and the defence is back in the top 6 for this division after a sluggish start. It appears that those people who say give the team time to gel are spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
diehardmariner
October 14, 2015, 9:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from excusebeef
I also found Hurst's interview just as interesting when talking about Tomlinson post match. Almost similar to Hannah last year in that the guy seems infectious in the dressing room, supportive of all the players and works his socks off. Fans have no clue about which players are a good influence off the field. If we are to get out of this league, we need the players supporting one another. Fans moaning at the manager/tactics/booing players that are held in high regard from those inside the squad etc certainly won't help. Reality is we're 10 unbeaten having come off the back of a run of playing amost of the top teams, we're right in contention, we're joint top scorers, and the defence is back in the top 6 for this division after a sluggish start. It appears that those people who say give the team time to gel are spot on.

Absolutely!  

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
barralad
October 14, 2015, 10:03am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from excusebeef

A very good point. This isn't Grimsby Sunday League where you moan because you don't play every week and you have a word with your manager cos he's your best mate rubbishing the performance of the lad that replaces you.
I suspect it is the fundamental difference between amateurs and professionals...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The.. thats why were screaming for amond thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.