Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SQUAD HARMONY?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

SQUAD HARMONY?

This thread currently has 6,361 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
November 23, 2015, 8:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I think, or at least hope, that the players currently not getting much game time recognise how it's very much a squad game these days. It's not like the starting 11 has stayed the same all season and I'm sure it will change as injuries and form have an impact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
November 23, 2015, 10:00pm
Guest User
If anything, our squad is too small. I wouldn't worry too much about players kicking off about not starting. Any of the small first team squad showing any aptitude in training will be given a chance.

Personally, Shaun Pearson would be the first name on my teamsheet, if I was Shaun I wouldn't be happy, he may choose to move on in June but the competition between the three first team centre backs can only be good for the club in the short to medium term.

A little disappointed we haven't managed to sign Brett Williams on loan from Stevenage instead of our rather pathetic but wadded rivals Forest Green. I suppose we'll manage with a goal shy kid from Birmingham's under 21's instead.
Reply: 11 - 33
lukeo
November 23, 2015, 10:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,384
Gold Stars: 149
really?  a goal shy kid under 21? any need for that dig at him mate? if you'd have stayed sober enough you'd have seen actually he's a decent player and already made big contributions to gtfc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
mariner91
November 23, 2015, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,676
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 75
If anything, our squad is too small. I wouldn't worry too much about players kicking off about not starting. Any of the small first team squad showing any aptitude in training will be given a chance.

Personally, Shaun Pearson would be the first name on my teamsheet, if I was Shaun I wouldn't be happy, he may choose to move on in June but the competition between the three first team centre backs can only be good for the club.

A little disappointed we haven't managed to sign Brett Williams on loan from Stevenage instead of our rather pathetic but wadded rivals Forest Green. I suppose we'll manage with a goal shy kid from Birmingham's under 21's instead.

Have you actually watched Jones? He brings a lot to the team with his pace and clever movement. Williams has had one good season and he's 28 in a week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
November 23, 2015, 10:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
really?  a goal shy kid under 21? any need for that dig at him mate? if you'd have stayed sober enough you'd have seen actually he's a decent player and already made big contributions to gtfc.

The kid: Played 3, scored 0.

Brett Williams: 114 (45 as sub)      48 goals

If you was impartial, where would your money be? An almost one in two striker, proven at this level or a kid from Birmingham yet to score a goal? Merely widens the gap in quality between the clubs. FGR are a pathetic village club, backed by a loony with money to burn, it isn't a criticism of GTFC. Just a point to be made. I'm not one for burying my head in the sand, league position says it all and will do after 46.
Reply: 14 - 33
mariner91
November 23, 2015, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,676
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 75

The kid: Played 3, scored 0.

Brett Williams: 114 (45 as sub)      48 goals

If you was impartial, where would your money be? An almost one in two striker, proven at this level or a kid from Birmingham yet to score a goal? Merely widens the gap in quality between the clubs. FGR are a pathetic village club, backed by a loony with money to burn, it isn't a criticism of GTFC. Just a point to be made. I'm not one for burying my head in the sand, league position says it all and will do after 46.

Half of which came in one season and he's failed to replicate that form at any other point. Just because a player is available doesn't mean he should be bought, he wouldn't fit in to the mould favoured by PH of players who will work hard off the ball, he's been pretty lazy every time I've seen him. Let FGR splash more cash, they're probably spending double what we spend and I bet we'll still finish above them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
November 23, 2015, 10:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Half of which came in one season and he's failed to replicate that form at any other point. Just because a player is available doesn't mean he should be bought, he wouldn't fit in to the mould favoured by PH of players who will work hard off the ball, he's been pretty lazy every time I've seen him. Let FGR splash more cash, they're probably spending double what we spend and I bet we'll still finish above them.

Hope you're right mate, we're on the same team.
Reply: 16 - 33
Abdul19
November 23, 2015, 10:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,570
Gold Stars: 218
Scored less than LJL last season and I think we know what the reaction would be on here if FGR had signed him!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Rodley Mariner
November 23, 2015, 10:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I wish we'd signed a striker on loan who'd scored goals in the Conference before moving to League 2 and struggling. That would have definitely ended with happy supporters and a new fans favourite and nobody ending up at Tranmere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
aldi_01
November 23, 2015, 11:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Another player that has seemingly signed for FGR because they've offered him a wedge of cash, hardly the most inspiring place is it? League positions at the minute in our league aren't really worth anything, it's that tight.

I'd take Jones over a player who did have a proven record at this level but in recent times hasn't exactly torn any trees up. Some might disagree but I've seen a far better attitude and footballing awareness in Jones than I have in the alleged injured Bogle...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SQUAD HARMONY?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.