Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 114 Guests

Signings

This thread currently has 40,743 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
February 1, 2016, 10:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

Please read it again Barra - I  said it feels like it.

Obviously the manager has tried to make signings but he has failed. I don't accept the excuses about waiting for players and the rest of it and I don't just blame the manager for the perception. It's only fair to judge him at the end of the season.

That was my point. It's a club thing. Once again we look for all the world like the poor relations who can't afford that final investment. A big club? I always thought so and especially after OP last summer. But I should have known better. The club appears destined to continue trying to make silk purses. We have the best side on the park that we have had for several years. All it needed was a bit more quality and ......

I'll carry on supporting and offering my prayers to the football gods every match day but I really do think we needed to be more proactive.

Fair play fella! Apologies for the misunderstanding...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 253
Tom13
February 1, 2016, 11:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
I believe there's a week period between the transfer window closing and the loan and free agent window opening again, so that would explain why Henderson can't join just yet - we'd be able to agree terms with him, but the transfer would go through on the 8th (all of course dependent on if he is coming or not!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 253
ginnywings
February 1, 2016, 11:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tom13
I believe there's a week period between the transfer window closing and the loan and free agent window opening again, so that would explain why Henderson can't join just yet - we'd be able to agree terms with him, but the transfer would go through on the 8th (all of course dependent on if he is coming or not!).

Suppose there is no rush as we don't have a league game 'til next week. We could have signed him today though, or am i missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 253
Tom13
February 1, 2016, 11:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
I think yeah we could've done, but presumably an agreement wasn't reached in time or whatever, maybe he was holding out for a better offer before committing to us (if he has) after the window shuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 253
acko338
February 2, 2016, 8:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
It would appear that there are still moves behind the scenes if the Darius Henderson rumour comes to any fruition.

if he is also able to pull a useful winger out of his magic hat by next week, perhaps the usual vitriol will be abated by our next league game.

DH could be the battering ram needed to be part of a Plan B for getting past the Gatesheads of this world.

Still need a wide delivery man as part of the service - Marshall not really showing previous form, and Monkhouse has no pace on the left side position, relying previously on Conor Townsend making him look better with overlaps and surging wing runs.

But, please, nobody remotely from any Macclesfield connections, we have proven we can kill the careers of those from that area - Jennings, Mackreth  - both not producing their Macclesfield form when here.

UTM - Next week at this time could be exciting.........??????????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 253
ivanosandwich
February 2, 2016, 9:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
If the Darius Henderson rumour is true then I would expect him to be training at Cheapside today with the rest of the squad.

He is a free agent and integrating him into the squad now and staying fit means he could go straight into the team next Tuesday.

I am not in the GY area, so all those camped at Millfields, hotfoot it down to Cheapside now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 253
gtfc98
February 2, 2016, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Henderson would be a fantastic signing. I think he might be a little out of reach for us but if PH could pull it off it would be a master stroke. Might shut a few up on here too!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 253
jonnyboy82
February 2, 2016, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Might shut you up too going on about scott brown every five minutes and give you something else to focus on  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 253
GyMariner
February 2, 2016, 9:46am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
Why would Henderson come here when both Forest and Sheff United
Fans would have him in an instant. Clearly too good for this league and way out of our reach

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 253
ginnywings
February 2, 2016, 9:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from acko338
It would appear that there are still moves behind the scenes if the Darius Henderson rumour comes to any fruition.

if he is also able to pull a useful winger out of his magic hat by next week, perhaps the usual vitriol will be abated by our next league game.

DH could be the battering ram needed to be part of a Plan B for getting past the Gatesheads of this world.

Still need a wide delivery man as part of the service - Marshall not really showing previous form, and Monkhouse has no pace on the left side position, relying previously on Conor Townsend making him look better with overlaps and surging wing runs.

But, please, nobody remotely from any Macclesfield connections, we have proven we can kill the careers of those from that area - Jennings, Mackreth  - both not producing their Macclesfield form when here.

UTM - Next week at this time could be exciting.........??????????

Sounds like the new lad can go some way to addressing that if previous fans are to be believed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 253
26 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.