8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
February 13, 2016, 5:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
I am so frustrated. lets get back to Clay/Disley (in a couple of weeks) and Bogle/Amond, thats the team that won 7 on the trot (though we miss Townsend)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
chicaneuk
February 13, 2016, 5:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Meza
Playoffs it is then.

I just hope our sudden downturn in form doesn't hamper our play off chances even. Make no mistake, I am desperate for promotion this season and want us back up in league football where we belong... but points wise, it's not exactly a gulf between us and even 11th and 12th in the table - closer for those teams to us, than for us to FGR and Cheltenham, which is pretty sobering. And some of those teams below us have good form at the minute.

I'm confident we'll make the playoffs but I just worry we're setting ourselves up for massive disappointment if we don't start to cement our place with some good results over the coming games, and just assume that playoffs are the only realistic outcome. It just doesn't seem that clear cut to me right now.

But then, my glass always is half empty - maybe someone can give me some stats to cheer me up a bit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
Madeleymariner
February 13, 2016, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
At least we can concentrate on the cup
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
mariner91
February 13, 2016, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Its going to be really interesting listening to Hurst's love children trying to justify that debacle today !

At this rate we will be lucky to get into the play-off's never mind winning them !

Total and utter crap !

Don't talk daft. We're 5 points ahead of 4th place with two games in hand, 7 points ahead of 5th place with a goal difference three times better than theirs. 9 points ahead of sixth who have two games in hand on us. 9 points ahead of seventh who have a game in hand but haven't won in six league games and anyone below that we are 10 points ahead of with a minimum of two games in hand over. We have the joint best form in the last five games (the best if you go back to the last ten) out of anyone below us so just how exactly are at least three teams likely to overtake us given all that?

Yes today was a very shoddy performance, totally inexcusable and I can't for the life of me think why we were trying to hoof the ball against a strong wind with two small strikers up top. We desperately need a fourth striker who can offer something different and we've needed that since the first game of the season. However, to say we'll be lucky to get into the play offs at this rate is just ludicrous.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
pontoonlew
February 13, 2016, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,078
Gold Stars: 178
Same mistakes, every, single, flipping season.

'Improvement' my bottom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
jonnyboy82
February 13, 2016, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
But hang on here..

We have the best squad ever dont we ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
TAGG
February 13, 2016, 5:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimps
Changing a team that was on such a great run is one of Hursts mistakes that he makes every season , he can't help himself .
The loan window has done us in every season since he's been here.

Nail on head 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2016, 5:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mariner91

Yes today was a very shoddy performance, totally inexcusable and I can't for the life of me think why we were trying to hoof the ball against a strong wind with two small strikers up top. We desperately need a fourth striker who can offer something different and we've needed that since the first game of the season. However, to say we'll be lucky to get into the play offs at this rate is just ludicrous.

It sounds like we need better midfielders not more strikers.  Although it probably is easier to find one 'big unit' than to find 2 or more midfielders who can pass balls that strikers can actually feed off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
mariner91
February 13, 2016, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It sounds like we need better midfielders not more strikers.  Although it probably is easier to find one 'big unit' than to find 2 or more midfielders who can pass balls that strikers can actually feed off.

I don't disagree, certainly think we need a winger with something about him and I doubt Straker is the answer. But if we had the big unit up top, it gives us other options, causes the opposition different kinds of problems and would give Podge more space to work in.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
mariner tommy
February 13, 2016, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from chicaneuk

I just hope our sudden downturn in form doesn't hamper our play off chances even. Make no mistake, I am desperate for promotion this season and want us back up in league football where we belong... but points wise, it's not exactly a gulf between us and even 11th and 12th in the table - closer for those teams to us, than for us to FGR and Cheltenham, which is pretty sobering. And some of those teams below us have good form at the minute.

I'm confident we'll make the playoffs but I just worry we're setting ourselves up for massive disappointment if we don't start to cement our place with some good results over the coming games, and just assume that playoffs are the only realistic outcome. It just doesn't seem that clear cut to me right now.

But then, my glass always is half empty - maybe someone can give me some stats to cheer me up a bit!

Good grief man, we've taken 29 points from the last 12 games, that's hardly a downturn in form.
Won 9, drew 2, lost 1
Are those stats enough for you ?
I admit that the chances of winning the league have gone but not the play off position. That isn't in doubt I don't think.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.