barralad
February 15, 2016, 12:13am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from blasty
If everyone in the division lived within their means do you think we would be much lower in league position?

That Sir is an excellent point!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
ginnywings
February 15, 2016, 12:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Let he is who is without sin cast the first stone was my point. Not 'bashing' anyone.

As Rob points out, debt is a given in football and as Barra points out, manageable debt is fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
DocTower
February 15, 2016, 7:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from blasty
If everyone in the division lived within their means do you think we would be much lower in league position?

I think if there were no hand outs from the FA to division 2 clubs it would look very different,. Dagenham on Saturday crowd 1750 , Accrington,  2000 , and the list goes on . Just how can some of the club's in our division carry on without a sugar daddy . Without us in this division taking massive away support to some of these clubs some would be in big trouble .  That's why they want to keep us here .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
wigworld
February 15, 2016, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from DocTower

That's why they want to keep us here .

Luton and Bristol Rovers seemed to escape from here...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 17
grimsby pete
February 15, 2016, 10:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
As far as I am aware we do not owe anybody any money,

The money given to the club is in benign loans,

John Fenty has said on many occasions that he does not want his money back ,

Unless we are in a position to afford it,

So we are fine.

The sticking point is he will want it back if some Mr Moneybags wants to invest in our club,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
MarinerRob
February 15, 2016, 11:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
My point what I was trying to make is - by threatening to not pay any win bonus unless they finish in the 'top five' was whether it's a good tactic by Woking to make their players try harder so they ensure they get the money or will they say 'stuff that' and it will backfire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
highcliff mariner
February 15, 2016, 4:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from MarinerRob
My point what I was trying to make is - by threatening to not pay any win bonus unless they finish in the 'top five' was whether it's a good tactic by Woking to make their players try harder so they ensure they get the money or will they say 'stuff that' and it will backfire.

The latter I hope
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
HertsGTFC
February 15, 2016, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,962
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DocTower

I think if there were no hand outs from the FA to division 2 clubs it would look very different,. Dagenham on Saturday crowd 1750 , Accrington,  2000 , and the list goes on . Just how can some of the club's in our division carry on without a sugar daddy . Without us in this division taking massive away support to some of these clubs some would be in big trouble .  That's why they want to keep us here .

Good point, interesting to see that we had a bigger gate on Saturday than Newport, Accrington, Dagenham, Hartlepool (just), Morecombe,  Wycombe and York.  

Lets hope we don't blow all the good will we have in the Town by blowing our promotion chances this year............

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Troubling times at Woking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.