MuddyWaters
April 25, 2016, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Golden fox
IMO Podge should of been offered a new deal , would you ever see a club , OK on a different level eg Ronaldo , Messi letting a player who's scored 30 goals +  run down to potentially let's be honest almost definately in Podges case go on a free at the end of the season . Just because it might rock the boat , players should be rewarded if they perform above the norm like Podge has I'm sure all the other players would appreciate that .

Maybe he was - I wouldn't have signed one if I'd been him anyway - he will have loads of offers come May.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
LostInSpace
April 25, 2016, 8:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
also, despite my best efforts to convince people otherwise, the latter part of the "United and we can" thread showed that the preference of Fishy posters is that Fenty does not communicate with the fans.  

this is the same scenario that the previous  Chairman at the gas were having .Higgs was a world unto hisself when it came to communicating with the punters " things are at a delicate stage" was all we had for almost 2 years, since his departure from his position the new owners are in more open talks with the punters than my dad is with me!! a totally different feeling throughout the club ,this has permeated throughout the whole fanbase and the players, been on an excellent run since the takeover and still in with a shout of going up ..... good luck you guys
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2016, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LostInSpace
also, despite my best efforts to convince people otherwise, the latter part of the "United and we can" thread showed that the preference of Fishy posters is that Fenty does not communicate with the fans.  

this is the same scenario that the previous  Chairman at the gas were having .Higgs was a world unto hisself when it came to communicating with the punters " things are at a delicate stage" was all we had for almost 2 years, since his departure from his position the new owners are in more open talks with the punters than my dad is with me!! a totally different feeling throughout the club ,this has permeated throughout the whole fanbase and the players, been on an excellent run since the takeover and still in with a shout of going up ..... good luck you guys

Don't know the history of Mr Higgs as your chairman but I guess your recent history isn't quite as bad as ours.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
MeanwoodMariner
April 25, 2016, 8:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe he was - I wouldn't have signed one if I'd been him anyway - he will have loads of offers come May.

Spot on. I'd be very surprised if the club hadn't at least mentioned something to him about an extension, and I'd be even more surprised if some clubs in League 2 hadn't been in touch with his agent already. It suits neither party at this time to reveal that information.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
LostInSpace
April 25, 2016, 8:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't know the history of Mr Higgs as your chairman but I guess your recent history isn't quite as bad as ours.

the fact  he took his owned up to taking eye off the situation on the pitch during our relegation was the biggest joke of all, he took over the club with us in a healthy bank balance , gave us two relegations and ended up leaving us some £2 million in debt,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2016, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LostInSpace

the fact  he took his owned up to taking eye off the situation on the pitch during our relegation was the biggest joke of all, he took over the club with us in a healthy bank balance , gave us two relegations and ended up leaving us some £2 million in debt,

Sounds horribly familiar but replace your twos with threes.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
barralad
April 25, 2016, 9:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sounds horribly familiar but replace your twos with threes.

Apart from the fact we didn't have a healthy bank balance when he took over.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
sonik
April 25, 2016, 10:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Apart from the fact we didn't have a healthy bank balance when he took over.

Ha Ha! Codger at it again. Await the fall out!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2016, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sonik

Ha Ha! Codger at it again. Await the fall out!

UTM!

Apologies Sonik - debt in 2003 £520k, debt in 2015 £2534k, just checked the balance sheets.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Rik e B
April 25, 2016, 10:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
This thread is terribly timed. One could have emailed John and asked for permission to post his reply surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO GETYOURFACTSRIGHT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.