jimgtfc
April 29, 2016, 10:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Love it

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
Perkins
April 29, 2016, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
It's a shirt. It's who's in it that matters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
nightrider
April 29, 2016, 11:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Looks the same as the Diadora Ciba one from approx. '95 that most fans liked.,
Infact it looks fantastic! Shame you cant get a long sleeve. Agree the white collar is probably the worst bit but the stripes on the arms look good - my favourite shirt was the one in Mendoncas first season - Ribero Ciba-Geigy with the stripes on the arms. Shame you cant get a long sleeve
Ordering one anyway, first one ive had since Nike

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
Sussexmariner
April 29, 2016, 12:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Love the socks and the shirt looks great from the front but why such a large white space on the back? Why can't we have stripes there as well?

If I'm sat in the ponny and we're defending the goal against the world beaters that is Dover (no doubt Hursts words pre match!) it'll feel like I'm supporting Leeds!!

Still a great kit, I'll get one for the play off final WHEN we get there

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
Rick12
April 29, 2016, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Perkins
It's a shirt. It's who's in it that matters.
I agree Perkins but what I found interesting was they done some research and they found colour does make a difference on performance.Think it was in one of the broadsheets where what was found was the colour red inspires performances more from players .Think they alluded to the Liverpool team for one and the Spanish for another

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
Cloudy
April 29, 2016, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rick12
I agree Perkins but what I found interesting was they done some research and they found colour does make a difference on performance.Think it was in one of the broadsheets where what was found was the colour red inspires performances more from players .Think they alluded to the Liverpool team for one and the Spanish for another

Hasnt done the Gimps much good!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
DickBarton
April 29, 2016, 1:50pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from Cloudy
First reaction is awful. It makes the players look like they have beer bellies so what is it going to do for those 50 somethings that like to buy replica shirts??

Lose some weight man

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
DickBarton
April 29, 2016, 1:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Grimal

Ok, I'll go along with that then, three of us now,surely they can't refuse us. also I would like them to make the numbers twice the size,it's difficult for me to see them from back row upper findus Youngs  

I think they should have the 4th official type digital boards on their backs, battery powered! Should see that from the upper youngs and do away with the 4th official too. They could be remote controlled so that adverts could be played, increasing revenue. They could be smart phone compatible so that we could send good will messages to the players, manager, owner and the officials.
Also could order a hot dog at halftime to be delivered to your seat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2016, 2:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from JMT
Not too sure on the kit tbh, can't make my mind up.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChL3eu6UUAMDSkA.jpg[/img]

All being well everybody in the pic will be in that shirts next year............Also I hope they have a fat lad fit otherwise I'll be £40 better off next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
DickBarton
April 29, 2016, 2:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All being well everybody in the pic will be in that shirts next year............Also I hope they have a fat lad fit otherwise I'll be £40 better off next season.

Eat less and you'll be a lot better off than that, and healthier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The new shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.