3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
April 29, 2016, 6:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
An opinion that resonates with mine then  

I agree it has been beneficial at times this season, think it's the first time we've utilised it wisely like that. I'd have liked a teeny bit more of youth being blooded though.

I'm certain (okay it is my strong opinion) that the potential for losing league points is there, though there is no way of ever knowing truly of course. Surely a break instead of a long trip even if games rejigged because a league opponent is still faffing about in the thing better. Chance to train and focus on tactics to best face upcoming league team?

Don't want to be a negative nelly, we in it so why not win it and all that.... especially now! -Perhaps it's the overall circus of the organisation of things down here whereby Trophy takes priority over the league campaign that causes so many of us to treat it with a smidgeon of disdain.

I just want promotion. Everything else pales into insignificance. If we fail to go up then lift the trophy any celebration from me will be shallow and likely forced before the overpower grim reality quickly returns that we face the prospect of yet another season in the non league. In fact it will be almost embarrassing the victory parade and all that goof. Mates patting me on the back and hugging while I give a false smile and think to myself 'No.'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Rik e B
April 29, 2016, 6:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Or we could go to Wembley for a second time as a Football League club and even if we don't turn up and  get smashed 4-0 I'll be singing and dancing like a mad man throughout!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Vance Warner
April 29, 2016, 7:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,792
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lukeo
attendance will be split in 4 so don't get to excited

Is this true? If so it might benefit us with the number Hereford are taking. Morpeth will think they've hit the jackpot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Rik e B
April 30, 2016, 9:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
RonMariner
April 30, 2016, 4:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
I think scrapping replays and moving to a one gam semi would help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2016, 4:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
A rolling contract means you'll always have to be sacked unless there is some exit clause based upon performance.

I am sure you could resign if you wanted to........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
lee65
April 30, 2016, 4:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Surely a rolling contract means either party can give the other notice?,and obviously there will be a period that would need paying up if gtfc asked the manager to leave, or would be compensation from another club if Paul Hurst was poached (before I get a load of flack, I'm not suggesting the second one will happen!)
Three months would be sensible, but knowing us it will probably be a year, hence JF always feels we cant afford it  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Rik e B
April 30, 2016, 5:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
I think one year rolling is fair all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Income From FAT Final

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.