2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
May 25, 2016, 11:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Thanks for posting this, I have loved seeing the different camera angles; it's great to see the fan reaction from different sides of the ground.  A day we'll never forget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
ginnywings
May 25, 2016, 12:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Cheers. Enjoyed that. Pass the hanky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
RonMariner
May 25, 2016, 6:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
That is fantastic.

This is the first thing we have had to celebrate in 18 years.  

I believe that Arnold goal is probably the highpoint of my years supporting Town. Better even than Wayne Burnett's golden goal.

I have seen us promoted six times previously, but getting back our league status is the most significant promotion of all.

I have been a little depressed at Sunday's no show, but those video's have lifted me right back up!

Cheers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
jaymariner
May 25, 2016, 6:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
My Harry Haddock was thrown up in the air after Arnold's goal by a fellow fan and has not been seen again since, a small price to pay I know for what was the best moment of my life(after the birth of my daughter) but I just wonder where he ended up and whether he is now living the dream in that there London Town.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
HertsGTFC
May 25, 2016, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Brilliant........... I am on one of the clips well my bald head is at any rate.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Marinerz93
May 25, 2016, 8:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
When the third went in the emotional drain for nearly 2 decades came out in me and I felt my eyes watering , we are rightly back and must never sink that low again

For me there was several emotions, complete and utter elation and dumbstruck as if I had been slapped with a haddock.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Zpe19rI.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
FishOutOfWater
May 29, 2016, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Thanks for that piece and all the footage

I can watch Nathan Armold going past their keeper and rolling the ball in to the net over and over again

To see that third goal go in is probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in all my years as a Town fan

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed past successes and celebrated them but NEVER have we been so low before and knowing we were going up was probably something like climbing a cliff face or getting to the summit of a mountain after you'd been stranded down below with hope and belief nearly gone

The way that day went has given us all the shot in the arm we needed...now let's get on with making our recovery ever more convincing in 2016-17

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In case you haven't seen it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.