5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Wait a minute on this one.....did a 17 year old called Wayne Rooney have to bide his time, learn his trade and wait for an opportunity to show the masses his capabilities??....No, his manager saw a young, raw talent and threw him at the deep end where he could have either sank or swam..and by hell did he take that opportunity and swim!!!.So never mind this developing malarkey, sometimes the best way to develop a player is to unleash the shackles and just let him go, if he struggles put an arm round him, then let him fly again...Right now, at this club we need pace, guile, trickery and someone who has a point to prove that he knows where the flipping back of the net is,...because the only person who seems to know right now is Danny Collins(sorry DC)...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Abdul19
August 9, 2018, 12:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Wayne Rooney (who was 16) was good enough to play in the division his team were in. MJ obviously feels Rose isn't.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Tommy
August 9, 2018, 12:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Abdul19
Wayne Rooney (who was 16) was good enough to play in the division his team were in. MJ obviously feels Rose isn't.

Exactly this.

Players develop at different rates and different ages. Rooney was ready to play in a first team at that level a 16, others don't develop to the level they're at until early 20s (21/22).

And not just physically (which is an obvious difference Rooney had at 16 to most).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 12:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Abdul19

To stand corrected, I was actually on about Fergie taking him from Everton and throwing him in at the deep end of uniteds front line....
So why have someone on your books you don't think is good enough,??...it's not as though Rose is an apprentice, learning how to use his tools before being let out into the big bad world...if MJ thinks that one day he'll cut it,  loan him out, give him the opportunity to ply his trade then bring him back or let him leave....In the same way none of us have really talked about Max Wright, where on earth has disappeared to??smashed them in for Scarborough, comes back, probable expecting to at least get on the bench and he's ended up in the wilderness as far as I can gather
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
diehardmariner
August 9, 2018, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
No way near ready for a starting berth at this stage.  He's got some serious potential with his pace, believe me it's frightening just how quick he is, especially over 10 yards.  

He needs schooling on where and when to move as the times I've seen him he doesn't really know but with a good mentor that'll come.

I would have no issue with him coming on for 20 minutes if we're 2-0 up to gain experience but not for anything else at this stage.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Maringer
August 9, 2018, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Rooney was a top-class player with innate vision and awareness of what was going on around him on the field even at a young age. This is the sort of thing that most lower division players never achieve, regardless of how hard they train or how much they play.

My guess is that A. Rose has the physical attributes required but is currently lacking much of an awareness about the game. It doesn't matter how quick or skilful you are if you're always running the wrong way or standing in the wrong place and it doesn't matter if you're a good finisher if you never get the ball in a position where you can shoot.

I'd imagine they are working hard with him in training, but it can't have helped that he hasn't been able to play many games until recently due to his visa status. It will be good if he develops enough to get some experience as a sub this season but no point in throwing him into the team based on the hope he might do something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
monkeyboy
August 9, 2018, 1:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from diehardmariner
No way near ready for a starting berth at this stage.  He's got some serious potential with his pace, believe me it's frightening just how quick he is, especially over 10 yards.  

He needs schooling on where and when to move as the times I've seen him he doesn't really know but with a good mentor that'll come.

I would have no issue with him coming on for 20 minutes if we're 2-0 up to gain experience but not for anything else at this stage.

Remember Big Keith Alexander? he never had a clue where or what he was doing lol. sometimes its what can make them effective.
Certainly a good option for the bench. raw pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
sam gy
August 9, 2018, 1:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
There's only one thing comparable with Rose and Rooney. The fact that Rooney was once a young player signed to a football club, and Rose currently is!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Abdul19
August 9, 2018, 1:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To stand corrected, I was actually on about Fergie taking him from Everton and throwing him in at the deep end of uniteds front line....

An even more baffling example then as he was a £30m (18 year old) player who had just scored 4 goals at the euros!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Jarmo.Is.God
August 9, 2018, 1:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Rooney went on to be Englands all time top goal scorer.

Comparing Rose to him is a bit of a strange one  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ahkeem Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.