5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 9, 2018, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
The parallels between him and Rooney are so spooky that I think I can confidently predict that Ahkeem Rose will go on to become Jamaica's all-time goal scorer.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Croxton
August 9, 2018, 1:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
He needs to be around the First team squad not sent out. The more coaching he gets within the squad and minutes as a sub the more he will read the game. Shame that he and Max got so little time in the Gainsborough game when the result was never in doubt.
His dead ball accuracy and goal in the Barton game were excellent.
Sooner rather than later for me and arguably the signing of the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
GrimRob
August 9, 2018, 2:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Rooney broke records, but so will AR. He'll set the record for the longest debut.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 44
AndyDarloFC
August 9, 2018, 2:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Can I ask what all the fuss over him is about when he’s played so little professional football?

Just curious..

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 44
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Can I ask what all the fuss over him is about when he’s played so little professional football?

Just curious..

I wouldn't say "fuss" as such Andy, he came here under a different regime and for unforeseen visa issues we could get him on the pitch.
What narks me is this, yes there is no doubt the kids got talent and yes he needs schooling, but I don't think we have the privilege of being able to have "potentials" in a squad that already lacks quality in the striker front...So rather than have him sat warming the bench or being in and around the first team to gain "experience" I'd rather see him on the field cutting his teeth, if he flops then at least we know he was just another hopeful that didn't make the grade but, if he starts ripping defences apart and banging a few in then he becomes a bloody good asset..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
chaos33
August 9, 2018, 2:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Which is a notion that was implicit in my original questions to start this thread.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
ginnywings
August 9, 2018, 3:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I wouldn't say "fuss" as such Andy, he came here under a different regime and for unforeseen visa issues we could get him on the pitch.
What narks me is this, yes there is no doubt the kids got talent and yes he needs schooling, but I don't think we have the privilege of being able to have "potentials" in a squad that already lacks quality in the striker front...So rather than have him sat warming the bench or being in and around the first team to gain "experience" I'd rather see him on the field cutting his teeth, if he flops then at least we know he was just another hopeful that didn't make the grade but, if he starts ripping defences apart and banging a few in then he becomes a bloody good asset..

So if we throw in a young inexperienced striker, who has only just got into the first team squad and he flops, he's just another striker who didn't make the grade? Not much pressure there then.

Can't we just trust that the people paid to make these calls will know when, and more importantly if, he's ready.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 3:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
On the flip side some will flourish under the pressure, I'm not saying I don't trust those who make the decisions, in fact I trust MJs judgement implicitly, I just don't want to see what may be an extraordinary talent going to waste...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
toontown
August 9, 2018, 4:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
It's not going to waste in the sense he is being developed through coaching in preparation for the 1st team when (if) MJ feels he is ready. Every single pro footballer will go through this stage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
mariner91
August 9, 2018, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,754
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
On the flip side some will flourish under the pressure, I'm not saying I don't trust those who make the decisions, in fact I trust MJs judgement implicitly, I just don't want to see what may be an extraordinary talent going to waste...

Not being funny but if he was an "extraordinary talent" then he wouldn't be here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ahkeem Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.