Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 28 Guests

Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

This thread currently has 25,175 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 28, 2020, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I try to take a reasonable and pragmatic view on life  (although with GTFC emotion impacts as well).

Given the choice of having John Fenty in charge or “any other random option”, then I would have chosen the latter.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I'll happily consider myself a "Fenty Basher" as to me that means holding him to account, so I'll bite a the ridiculous question and your flimsy grasp on reality. This reminds me of the saying "My keys were in the last place I looked!" Of course, it was the last place you looked as you are not going to keep on looking.  The same goes for taking control of the club when the ITV digital struck, we don't know whether someone else would have come in should Fenty not have wished to take it forward. How many clubs actually went out of business never to be seen again because of ITV digital? He has "kept" putting money in, he hasn't put any in for years now!

So he's got 20 years of free entry and hospitality into every single Town game, and it's not cost him a penny, he's even made money out of the club due to the Trust shares that he bullied out of them.  

We are not Bury so you can not compare our situation to theirs, That's like saying Ian Huntley wasn't so bad because Hitler was worse!

I am not prepared to take 20 years of Fenty's shite he has served up "on the chin" we as fans deserved better than being treated as maggots and scum by JF.  I will never EVER be happy with being a lower Lg2/Conference Team.

Well my friend you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the days you yearn for are long gone, the reality of where we are is not all Fentys fault....it's the way world of football and our location, downturn in local industry, the local economy suffering dire consequences and no big yin chucking his money at our club....live you're life in the past, thinking town deserve better because of history, but ultimately the club represents the state of the town. Down on its luck and has been for more years than I care to remember...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 181
rancido
February 28, 2020, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I'll happily consider myself a "Fenty Basher" as to me that means holding him to account, so I'll bite a the ridiculous question and your flimsy grasp on reality. This reminds me of the saying "My keys were in the last place I looked!" Of course, it was the last place you looked as you are not going to keep on looking.  The same goes for taking control of the club when the ITV digital struck, we don't know whether someone else would have come in should Fenty not have wished to take it forward. How many clubs actually went out of business never to be seen again because of ITV digital? He has "kept" putting money in, he hasn't put any in for years now!

So he's got 20 years of free entry and hospitality into every single Town game, and it's not cost him a penny, he's even made money out of the club due to the Trust shares that he bullied out of them.  

We are not Bury so you can not compare our situation to theirs, That's like saying Ian Huntley wasn't so bad because Hitler was worse!

I am not prepared to take 20 years of Fenty's shite he has served up "on the chin" we as fans deserved better than being treated as maggots and scum by JF.  I will never EVER be happy with being a lower Lg2/Conference Team.

That is complete bollo*!! So what have you done to secure the future or indeed help to maintain the everyday running of our club, apart from attending games?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 181
lew chaterleys lover
February 28, 2020, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Well my friend you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the days you yearn for are long gone, the reality of where we are is not all Fentys fault....it's the way world of football and our location, downturn in local industry, the local economy suffering dire consequences and no big yin chucking his money at our club....live you're life in the past, thinking town deserve better because of history, but ultimately the club represents the state of the town. Down on its luck and has been for more years than I care to remember...

That sounds like the 70's 80's and 90's when we were doing pretty well for long periods!

With great leadership any business can adapt to a different climate and thrive. We never had the leadership and didn't adapt. We spent a lot of the Fenty era chasing a dream and spent too little time on practicalities.

He thought at the time he was doing the right thing which is fair enough but it didn't work out.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 181
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2020, 5:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

John never wanted anyone else helping out. It weakens his control. We’ve seen that with Mike Parker, the arm-twisting of the Trust to give up shares, the lottery guy, Operation Promotion, so-called “tyre kickers”.

I’ll believe he’s stepping back when I see it. Since the announcement on Tuesday he’s appeared at the fans’ forum. Hardly stepping back. But it’s early days, so we’ll see what happens in the coming months.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 181
Les Brechin
February 28, 2020, 5:45pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
The list of football clubs that have entered adminstration over the years is staggering. I never realised there had been so many.

Bradford City      1983
Charlton Athletic      February 1984
Middlesbrough      21 May 1986
Tranmere Rovers      1987
Newport County      1989
Walsall      1990
Northampton Town      1992
Kettering Town      1992
Aldershot      1992
Maidstone United      1992
Hartlepool United      1994
Barnet      1994
Exeter City      1994
Gillingham      1995
Doncaster Rovers      1997
Millwall      21 January 1997
Bournemouth      1997
Crystal Palace      1998
Chester City      October 1998
Portsmouth      1998
Hull City      7 February 2001
Queens Park Rangers      2 April 2001
Halifax Town      9 April 2002
Bradford City      16 May 2002
Notts County      June 2002
Barnsley      3 October 2002
Leicester City      21 October 2002
Port Vale      16 December 2002
York City      18 December 2002
Derby County      20 October 2003
Ipswich Town]      10 February 2003
Wimbledon      5 June 2003
Darlington      23 December 2003
Bradford City      27 February 2004
Wrexham      3 December 2004
Cambridge United      29 April 2005
Rotherham United      13 May 2006
Crawley Town      5 June 2006
Boston United      25 April 2007
Leeds United      4 May 2007
Luton Town      22 November 2007
Bournemouth      8 February 2008
Rotherham United      18 March 2008
Halifax Town      26 March 2008
Darlington      25 February 2009
Southampton      2 April 2009
Stockport County      30 April 2009
Chester City      17 May 2009
Northwich Victoria      15 May 2009
Farsley Celtic      30 June 2009
Salisbury City      3 September 2009
Weymouth      28 October 2009
Crystal Palace      26 January 2010
Portsmouth      26 February 2010
Plymouth Argyle      4 March 2011
Rushden and Diamonds      7 July 2011
Darlington      3 January 2012
Portsmouth      17 February 2012
Port Vale      9 March 2012
Coventry City      21 March 2013
Aldershot Town      2 May 2013
Bolton Wanderers      13 May 2019
Bury      18 July 2019

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 181
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2020, 5:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The vast majority are above us in the League (especially excluding the likes of Salisbury, Weymouth and other non-League clubs, or clubs that only have a shallow Football League history).

So next time someone says “we should be grateful we’re not Bury”, show em that list.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 181
aldi_01
February 28, 2020, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

John never wanted anyone else helping out. It weakens his control. We’ve seen that with Mike Parker, the arm-twisting of the Trust to give up shares, the lottery guy, Operation Promotion, so-called “tyre kickers”.

I’ll believe he’s stepping back when I see it. Since the announcement on Tuesday he’s appeared at the fans’ forum. Hardly stepping back. But it’s early days, so we’ll see what happens in the coming months.

This 100%.

He’s just letting a puppet run the show whilst controlling said puppet.

He won’t step back, he’s said all this before. Absolute codswallop, all of it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
The vast majority are above us in the League (especially excluding the likes of Salisbury, Weymouth and other non-League clubs, or clubs that only have a shallow Football League history).

So next time someone says “we should be grateful we’re not Bury”, show em that list.

And when someone shows me that administration would have worked for us I'll shut me trap...90% of that list are clubs in areas that have had major regeneration or are close to areas of influence and success....yes, Fenty has enjoyed his power trip but at the time when we needed saving from the grasp of the HMRC there was hardly a queue of money men knocking down the door at BP....so yes, I'll say it again....I'm glad we're not a sad sack case a la Bury...give me Fenty and his bunch of yes men over Mr Dale every day of the week.  
BTW....I'm not all Pro Fenty, he has his faults and has made f@ck ups along the way, but haven't we all!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 181
aldi_01
February 28, 2020, 6:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Agreed...and flipping cryarsing about itv digital and whatever excuse he’s peddled is balderdash. The ones on there that stand out as being similar type clubs didn’t go bust because of those reason, but because the fit and proper rules are a joke and despot leaders...Darlo, Chester, Bury.

The rest seemed to do alright. I mean, excellent, we didn’t go bust (no evidence to say we would) but the imposed austerity on the club and severe lack of investment saw ya drop out of the league.

But perhaps people only focus on that as a way to judge John. I mean the list of actual member ups and embarrassing moments along the way is a huge contributing factor but we’ll forget Tampon/smoke bombs, breaking a flag, holding fans in contempt, slagging off OP, the car park tapes, Marley’s ‘do you know who I am? Shut up!’ Moment...I mean the list is endless...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.