Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hardest and wimpiest Town players?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 161 Guests

Hardest and wimpiest Town players?

This thread currently has 12,244 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
gytone
April 10, 2020, 7:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
Andy Todd, Alan Pouten, John Cockerill, Shaun Cunnington all tough and would run through a brick wall,  but the hardest has to be Sir Bobby Cumming absolute legend, tough as nails.

Wimps to many too many mention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
moosey_club
April 10, 2020, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,299
Gold Stars: 226
Whilst there are a few other honorable mentions,  if you take into consideration Livvo had his skull fractured and still later returned to play the game,  on top of any of his never take a backward step fracas then i personally wouldnt look elsehwere.  Him and his family also had a bit of a handy reputation around Boro' as well.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2020, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
I can’t choose between Cumming and just for short warring longevity Dave Moore.

Whimp? Rodman

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
golfer
April 10, 2020, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Wimpiest - Mike Cullen,  kicked a bloke on back of legs and when he turned round lay on the floor and screamed for the ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
tarka
April 10, 2020, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
One thing we (and every club like us) has had in abundance is a long line of hard men! The ones who spring immediately to mind are the likes of Graham Rathbone (given a record suspension after a fist fight with Duncan Welbourne of scunny), Chris Nichol, Mike Hickman and Bobby Cumming,

The most frightening I ever saw though was Brian Kilcline of Coventry City. I saw them play a friendly in Spain once against Fuengirola. Coventry had just won the FA Cup and would have been a real scalp for what was a lower league Spanish club. Their sweeper had been kicking Cyril Regis all over the pitch until a corner for Coventry. As the ball came over and the sweeper was looking to head the ball Kilcline knocked him out with one punch. I think he was still out cold when they carried him off!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
ancientmariner54
April 10, 2020, 9:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -173
Gold Stars: 13
Bobby Cumming worked with me as a sparky''s mate between seasons, a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Put a pair of football boots on him and he was an animal. My all time (up to now) town hero. Ron and John Cockers must be up there as well. U.t.m.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
fishboyUTM
April 10, 2020, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Seen with my own eyes, Pouton was a beast, George Santos was a monster. Wimpiest, Scott Neilson never put a challenge in (didn't with that infamous red at Gateshead either). Gary Childs was a great player for us, but was a lover and not a fighter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
Grantham_Mariner
April 10, 2020, 10:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Graham 'Basil' Rathbone was hard!

Tommy Forecast avoided any physical contact (and the ball)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
nightrider
April 10, 2020, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Seen with my own eyes, Pouton was a beast, George Santos was a monster. Wimpiest, Scott Neilson never put a challenge in (didn't with that infamous red at Gateshead either). Gary Childs was a great player for us, but was a lover and not a fighter.

Video of Gary Childs highlights would have Barry White backing music

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
Bigdog
April 10, 2020, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from tarka
One thing we (and every club like us) has had in abundance is a long line of hard men! The ones who spring immediately to mind are the likes of Graham Rathbone (given a record suspension after a fist fight with Duncan Welbourne of scunny), Chris Nichol, Mike Hickman and Bobby Cumming,

The most frightening I ever saw though was Brian Kilcline of Coventry City. I saw them play a friendly in Spain once against Fuengirola. Coventry had just won the FA Cup and would have been a real scalp for what was a lower league Spanish club. Their sweeper had been kicking Cyril Regis all over the pitch until a corner for Coventry. As the ball came over and the sweeper was looking to head the ball Kilcline knocked him out with one punch. I think he was still out cold when they carried him off!

Played against and marked by him when he was at Mansfield. F**king animal..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hardest and wimpiest Town players?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.