ex-merseymariner
September 6, 2020, 6:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from fishcake63
couldn't pick a better league 2 pairing at centre back than waterfall & pollock , they would walk into any side in this league , if pollock plays upto january think he'll be sold for a million at least!!!

Got to love it when the fishy has stuff like this.  Pretty much every league 2 side will have new central defenders, have you really considered the centre backs at bolton, or bradford, or even any.other side? I have no idea if we have the best or worst set of centre halves in this division.
As the poster above says, mohsini is probably going to play, so pollock and waterfall might not be our first choice let alone 'walk into any side'. Not to.mention ohman or idehen who I think will play together on Tuesday, or that it was waterfalls mistake that cost us the goal on saturday

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 9:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Great in the air tonight but not good on the ground tonight. Too rash and too much of a liability to be ahead of Waterfall and Pollock right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
Hagrid
September 8, 2020, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,496
Gold Stars: 537
Yep have to agree, was playing well with Idahen then needlesly booked and then the penno i havent a clue what he was doing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Mariner93er
September 8, 2020, 9:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
He can be a liability but overall it was a very good performance, and he kept a young back line together. The hand ball was crazy but for his yellow he was turned and took one for the team. With the tired legs all around him at that point, probably a fair thing to do. He’s not a starter, but is a more than adequate league 2 centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Tommy
September 8, 2020, 9:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mariner93er
He can be a liability but overall it was a very good performance, and he kept a young back line together. The hand ball was crazy but for his yellow he was turned and took one for the team. With the tired legs all around him at that point, probably a fair thing to do. He’s not a starter, but is a more than adequate league 2 centre back.

Agree with this.

Some very over the top judgments tonight. Had a solid first half. Had a decent 2nd half too other than his yellow card and trying too hard to get first contact on the ball. The penalty was a bit of a freak thing really if he was pushed in the back and his arms flung out and been hit by the ball, i suspect he didnt know a lot about it.

Plenty of other players made mistakes tonight too but Ohman looks like the easy target.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 10:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Tommy

Agree with this.

Some very over the top judgments tonight. Had a solid first half. Had a decent 2nd half too other than his yellow card and trying too hard to get first contact on the ball. The penalty was a bit of a freak thing really if he was pushed in the back and his arms flung out and been hit by the ball, i suspect he didnt know a lot about it.

Plenty of other players made mistakes tonight too but Ohman looks like the easy target.

Not sure who you’re referring to here but I think I was fair in what I said. Not over the top or using him as an easy target. He played well as Mariner93er said. I don’t think he played that well but I also commented on how strong he was in the air. However, he could have had a red tonight quite easily, as Crofty said in commentary, and lacks the discipline needed to stay on his feet and off his man too many times.

Yes, there were others who made mistakes, but as this is a thread about him and his position at the club, thought some might be interested in his performance tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
pen penfras
September 9, 2020, 8:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
He was good in the air against Stead, but Idehen was fantastic at everything. I thought he looked as good as Pollock but with more pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
monkeyboy
September 9, 2020, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
He played very well. Give the guy a break he’s hasn’t played in six months !

He’s a very very good player and I think some on here are just looking for someone to beat with a stick.

He can be rash but so can a lot without getting the stick he does and at least he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100%.  He is exactly the type of centre back you need against some of the bigger lump it sides in this division and will own any big centre forward in the division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
denni266
September 9, 2020, 9:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from monkeyboy
He played very well. Give the guy a break he’s hasn’t played in six months !

He’s a very very good player and I think some on here are just looking for someone to beat with a stick.

He can be rash but so can a lot without getting the stick he does and at least he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100%.  He is exactly the type of centre back you need against some of the bigger lump it sides in this division and will own any big centre forward in the division.

I agree with Monkey boy , they just had 6 months sitting at home and running up and down the drive way as under lockdown, a couple of weeks non contact fitness training and a couple of bit part practice games and you expect a top class game from him and them. Give it a rest untill 10 games in or so. I think he has saved us more points by going in where others shy off  and putting his body on the line than he has cost us by a country mile.. If you want top class if you can call it that go watch prem sheit ,and take note how many mistakes they make
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Son of Cod
September 9, 2020, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from monkeyboy

I think some on here are just looking for someone to beat with a stick.

Yep, I don't think there was a Luke Waterfall thread after he cost us the win on Saturday...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Öhman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.