Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 157 Guests

BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening

This thread currently has 10,328 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
December 14, 2020, 1:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from SomeSanity
[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-evidence-places-fresh-scrutiny-2969073[/url]

There is some truth to what he says about his relationship with Kenworthy. Although the article doesn't put may in a great light.

Says he was involved with Lincoln prior to their turnaround. Maybe he introduced them to some of their investors. Sounds like he has a lot of contacts.

Don't see how the article doesn't paint him in a good light, his history is what does that and it seems he'll never get a second chance in something so public as football. Shame if he has something to offer, but assuming that he did commit the fraud, then that is his own doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
arryarryarry
December 14, 2020, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from SomeSanity
[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-evidence-places-fresh-scrutiny-2969073[/url]

There is some truth to what he says about his relationship with Kenworthy. Although the article doesn't put may in a great light.

The article shows a view of the pitch at Meadow Lane with County playing GTFC.........spooky
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
RichMariner
December 14, 2020, 1:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Lies, lies and more lies.

The digger we deep, the more lies we'll find.

People lie to get power, and they lie even more when they get it.

I hope this is just the start of a massive comedown for Fenty and NELC. An investigation is absolutely necessary. That NELC statement was a lie. They claimed it was Fenty's personal life when they, the council, had also held meetings with May.

Out-and-out lie.

If they lie about that, then what else are they capable of lying about?

If you're gonna lie, you have to be very, very good at it. And the whole thing needs to be watertight.

One little leak and the whole thing could come spilling out. That's why I think there's a lot more to come out of this.

A lot more.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
SomeSanity
December 14, 2020, 1:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

Says he was involved with Lincoln prior to their turnaround. Maybe he introduced them to some of their investors. Sounds like he has a lot of contacts.

Don't see how the article doesn't paint him in a good light, his history is what does that and it seems he'll never get a second chance in something so public as football. Shame if he has something to offer, but assuming that he did commit the fraud, then that is his own doing.

I assume he did because the courts saw enough evidence.

So he had an 'affinity' with our rivals before his supposed affinity to Town. Sounds to me like a badge kisser without a shirt. The club has a history for dismissing its own fans who offer something, so why take it further with this one?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
jamesgtfc
December 14, 2020, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

His nationality is Zambian and I believe Nates at Lincoln is South African. I bet that interview tested the Fenty-May friendship somewhat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
forza ivano
December 14, 2020, 8:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

yes , he sounds a wonderful human being and a real asset to the club.

obviously Nottingham city Council were fools to have refused to do business with him, once they had done due diligence. Your best mate is obviously a much better judge of character. Rather than running a mile the great genius that is Fenty chose to get into bed with him. that's worked out well hasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Abdul19
December 14, 2020, 10:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
I was expecting some sort of smooth talking Mr Charisma. No wonder his lawyer told him not to go on!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
moosey_club
December 14, 2020, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Abdul19
I was expecting some sort of smooth talking Mr Charisma. No wonder his lawyer told him not to go on!

I think listening to the very last few moments it maybe wasnt his advisors but JF who told him not to go on ,..something along the lines of " i have spoken to John and he is busy dealing with his things ........but i wanted to come on and state my case"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
moosey_club
December 14, 2020, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Abdul19

Smooth talking, charismatic characters tend to set the alarm bells off .....a career conman could adapt a different persona to suit the audience.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Abdul19
December 15, 2020, 5:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from moosey_club

Smooth talking, charismatic characters tend to set the alarm bells off .....a career conman could adapt a different persona to suit the audience.

Admittedly my knowledge of conmen is limited to that fella who got Deirdre Rashid locked up

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC Radio Humberside at 11am - essential listening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.