Fit & Proper Test

This thread currently has 1,896 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
austrianmariner
December 30, 2020, 3:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +15
Just wondering if anyone knows how long the FA's fit and proper test may take before Grimsby's takeover can be completed? If it isn't completed before the end of the January window will there be any cash available for whoever the new manager is to bring in some players? I'm sure the consortium won't want to make their cash available before passing the fit and proper test, just in case their bid is blocked at the 11th hour by the FA...
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 30, 2020, 3:20pm
Guest User
They say Owners and Directors test can take around 4 weeks but can normally be done in 2 weeks!
Reply: 1 - 12
austrianmariner
December 30, 2020, 3:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +15
Cheers Dogs. Possibility it'll be completed before the end of the window which can only be a good thing!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 30, 2020, 4:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,772
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from austrianmariner
Cheers Dogs. Possibility it'll be completed before the end of the window which can only be a good thing!!

Need players in for Saturday against Cambridge as later in the window may give us too much ground to make up. Plus, given the £1.5M salary cap, I would suspect the budget available for players will be the same whoever is in charge.

The only difference will be the Manager and hopefully a feel good factor from having a new board with a new  sales pitch that will be attractive to players. However, still not sure if players contracts are paid up if that counts towards the total budget as new board may be more willing to dispense with a number of our non performing personnel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 4:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
This article lists what is and is not included in the salary cap, and looking at it, there is scope to bring in new players by removing existing ones from the listed squad. There are other ways it can be finessed with a bit of wriggling.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.....aster-rovers-2936369
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 4:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings
This article lists what is and is not included in the salary cap, and looking at it, there is scope to bring in new players by removing existing ones from the listed squad. There are other ways it can be finessed with a bit of wriggling.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.....aster-rovers-2936369

Ginny, are we 100% certain that when they talked about the salary cap they were referring to to the FL Salary Cap and not the club's self imposed salary cap?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 4:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from forza ivano

Ginny, are we 100% certain that when they talked about the salary cap they were referring to to the FL Salary Cap and not the club's self imposed salary cap?

Thought they were one and the same. Day said our cap was to be 1.5 million, which is the same as the EFL limit.

Whichever way you slice it, there is scope to bring in new faces and I would think any new manager would insist on it before accepting the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
moosey_club
December 30, 2020, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Based on some of the awful owners they have rubber stamped in the past i think how much any prospective owner absent mindedly leaves in a brown envelope might speed the process up......so i guess we might be waiting a month or two.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
forza ivano
December 30, 2020, 5:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings

Thought they were one and the same. Day said our cap was to be 1.5 million, which is the same as the EFL limit.

Whichever way you slice it, there is scope to bring in new faces and I would think any new manager would insist on it before accepting the job.

it's just i'm still trying to understand how Day could say 1 week that we were at the salary cap and then the next that there would be money for the manager to spend in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
ginnywings
December 30, 2020, 5:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I think when the cap is mentioned, people automatically think money, when in fact, the make up of the squad is just as relevant. I think that is why he said one out, one in, which we saw with Ohman and Moshni leaving before the arrival of Morais and Fonkeu.

Existing players, under 21 players, loan players don't have as big an impact on the budget as newly signed players, especially any that are of a good quality and therefore will be on better wages.

There is plenty of scope to offload players but some of them may have to be given a financial consideration.

Obviously, only the club have all the precise details, but I reckon there is plenty of scope and the reason Day suddenly found a load of money down the back of the sofa was because they knew they had majorly fooked up and we are in real danger of the drop.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fit & Proper Test

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.