10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 10, 2021, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
I am not going to defend JF. He was/is in charge of the club and our sad demise this year is solely down to him and his employment IH. However there is another group of people who sat on there backsides and let JF do as he likes.

It's not the fans, the press or uncle tom cobley and all. It you the SHAREHOLDERS who have done nothing to stop JF. You have just left the club for JF to do as he likes.. According to wiki JF is the major shareholder, just under 43%. The controlling majority shareholders are Mike Parker, Supporters Trust and the other 1,800 shareholders who between them hold the majority of voting shares, 57%.

Those shareholders, some of which will probably be JF sympathy holders, like the 5 x £100 shares IH holds (company a/c's, but IH is not listed down as a shareholder?) have let this great club and supporters down. If you are one of these people on this commenting on this web site shame on you; and the rest of the sheep.

This thread is " Get Your Facts Right" and the facts are 57% of shareholders do not appear to give a damn about what JF has done. If they did care they could have done something about it but failed. Failed the club, failed the fans and failed to ensure that the fans have anything like a team of professional footballers to support.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 12:18am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from DB
I am not going to defend JF. He was/is in charge of the club and our sad demise this year is solely down to him and his employment IH. However there is another group of people who sat on there backsides and let JF do as he likes.

It's not the fans, the press or uncle tom cobley and all. It you the SHAREHOLDERS who have done nothing to stop JF. You have just left the club for JF to do as he likes.. According to wiki JF is the major shareholder, just under 43%. The controlling majority shareholders are Mike Parker, Supporters Trust and the other 1,800 shareholders who between them hold the majority of voting shares, 57%.

Those shareholders, some of which will probably be JF sympathy holders, like the 5 x £100 shares IH holds (company a/c's, but IH is not listed down as a shareholder?) have let this great club and supporters down. If you are one of these people on this commenting on this web site shame on you; and the rest of the sheep.

This thread is " Get Your Facts Right" and the facts are 57% of shareholders do not appear to give a damn about what JF has done. If they did care they could have done something about it but failed. Failed the club, failed the fans and failed to ensure that the fans have anything like a team of professional footballers to support.

What a nasty horrible and stupid thing to say. I am beside my self with anger that you a fan who presumably hasn’t bothered to buy shares when the club needed cash, can criticise us that have. I have bought a total of £500 of shares and I am in no position to organise 1,800 other shareholders to stop John Fenty doing what he has done. I am sure everyone of us bought shares not for any power and certainly not for any financial gain but to support the club financially in our small way. Yet you have the sheer nerve to criticise us whilst you kept your money in your pocket. You should be ashamed of yourself. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
Boris Johnson
January 11, 2021, 12:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I purchased shares at a time when I thought the club would benefit,

The OP does nothing but fan the flames of hatred and
Toxicity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
ginnywings
January 11, 2021, 12:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
We seem to have had an upsurge recently of newly joined posters that are just trolls. Wonder why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
davmariner
January 11, 2021, 1:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Boris Johnson
I purchased shares at a time when I thought the club would benefit,

The OP does nothing but fan the flames of hatred and
Toxicity.

Well this is ironic.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
forza ivano
January 11, 2021, 6:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from DB

it's irrelevantwho owns how many shares.JF could own 1 share and the fact would remain that the club owes him £1.5 million, so he wields the power, coz he could then demand his money to be paid back instantly, so bankrupting the club.Ots the debt that alows the tyranny, not the shareholders or Board. Mike parker will tell you that....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
diehardmariner
January 11, 2021, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from ska face

Currently holed up in his Liverpool führerbunker I’m led to believe. Can’t stay there forever if he wants to carry on as everyone’s favourite councillor.

Hopefully the people of New Waltham and Humberston remember this when he's up for re-election, which I believe is May this year...
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

What a nasty horrible and stupid thing to say. I am beside my self with anger that you a fan who presumably hasn’t bothered to buy shares when the club needed cash, can criticise us that have. I have bought a total of £500 of shares and I am in no position to organise 1,800 other shareholders to stop John Fenty doing what he has done. I am sure everyone of us bought shares not for any power and certainly not for any financial gain but to support the club financially in our small way. Yet you have the sheer nerve to criticise us whilst you kept your money in your pocket. You should be ashamed of yourself. #UTM

It would have been nice to have £500 to put into town as you did, but as I see you live in the rich south (Bucks) don't assume everybody has the wealth you have.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

it's irrelevantwho owns how many shares.JF could own 1 share and the fact would remain that the club owes him £1.5 million, so he wields the power, coz he could then demand his money to be paid back instantly, so bankrupting the club.Ots the debt that alows the tyranny, not the shareholders or Board. Mike parker will tell you that....

Money was raised for the promotion push. The smaller shareholders could have united to raise the £1.5 million, 10,000 @ £150 per head ( or more if they could afford it). Options were not explored fully by the MAJORITY of shareholders but they just let JF have his own way. I understood that the £1.5 million included his shares which wouldn't have to be bought, given that majority of shares were not held by JF. You have to have raised money to cover his loans and he could have kept his shares; with JF being outvoted at any meeting.

The majority of shareholders had the means (shares) to overcome JF but lacked the tenacity. Yes they did a fantastic job raising funds but should have carried on and made the club a supporter owned club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
crusty ole pie
January 11, 2021, 2:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hopefully the people of New Waltham and Humberston remember this when he's up for re-election, which I believe is May this year...

I have a feeling he will not be standing for re election
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO GetYourFactsRight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.