10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
January 9, 2021, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
How do you sleep at night? You’re about to oversee a second relegation from the football league due to your incompetence and mismanagement yet you’re also about to take £2.5m away from the new owners which they could use to rebuild your mess? You should walk away from this club without taking a penny, frankly you don’t deserve any of it back.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 9, 2021, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Absolutely.

I hate you John. For what you and your puppets and that demon IH have done.  

And you had the audacity to celebrate at wembley when we went up. get John on camera. You have killed us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 94
GollyGTFC
January 9, 2021, 4:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Mr Fenty is you read this...

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 94
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 4:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I normally see the rat in and around Humberston Ave haven’t seen him for ages.
The rat has gone to ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
His legacy will probably be a second relegation out of the league. Truly shameful.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 94
NorfolkImp
January 9, 2021, 4:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Hagrid
Absolutely.

I hate you John. For what you and your puppets and that demon IH have done.  

And you had the audacity to celebrate at wembley when we went up. get John on camera. You have killed us.

Top rant Sir

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 94
Swansea_Mariner
January 9, 2021, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
It's a shocking legacy for the worst Owner we've had in our entire history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 94
friskneymariner
January 9, 2021, 4:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,156
Gold Stars: 38
Why reserve your anger to him,those equally culpable are those sycophants and hangerons who blew smoke up his backside and defended him to the hilt those are the ones that need the blame apportioning to them,they are just as much to blame.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 94
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 4:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
And all the idiot happy clappers who have called him the saviour for years he should of been chased out when we got relegated first time.

So well done you happy clappers you’ve got what you deserve
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 94
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2021, 4:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He won't accept any responsibility for this. The guy is incapable of recognising any faults. Absolutely no self-awareness.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 94
heppy88
January 9, 2021, 4:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Fenty: hey guys it’s not my fault, it’s that fraudster Holloway, he had the board fooled! I’m as much a victim of this. Quite frankly we were Holloway’s puppets, totally hoodwinked. He had us in the palm of his hands, made all the decisions. I was taking a backseat, remember? Come on fella’s, how could this mess have anything to do with me? Don’t forget that southerner Shutes, he’s also to blame, I had to take my eye off the ball pandering to his whims. To be honest it’s all his fault! Must cancel the deal, can’t handover the club. Yes the 3 musketeers are at fault! Must save the club, yes I am the saviour, the fans must need me more than ever. I was the big boy in the non league, top dog, that was me. Trust in me, Fenty, the saviour! I’m back guys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 94
grimps
January 9, 2021, 4:57pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
At least we’ve made a profit the last 5 seasons , what a well run club we are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 94
gytone
January 9, 2021, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
Hang your head in shame Fenty along with your spineless mate Holloway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 94
aldi_01
January 9, 2021, 5:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Don’t waste your time on slagging off the most incompetent owner of our football club ever. A disgrace of a man who took every opportunity to feather his own nest and celebrate his own failures as success...remember Bournemouth away? girl private.

The man will never and has never taken any responsibility for his actions. He claimed ITV digital was an excuse for us being relegated, almost ten years after the collapse.

He has embarrassed himself, the club and anything associated with him. He’s gotten himself in to bed with a a criminal and scumbag. He’s surrounded himself with sycophantic male masturbators who’ve brought nothing to the table but the ability to pipe him off and ensure there’s not a drop left. They are as much as fault as him.

We’ve made zero progress off the pitch as a club. We made progress on it and then once we returned to the EFL we reverted to type.

The list of mistakes and embarrassments is endless. We all know them.

He accepts not a drop of responsibility; just looks at the alleged terms in the deal to sell the club. He wants new owners to take responsibility for a potential relegation based on 3/4 months of ownership, ignoring his 20 years and multiple relegations. He has overseen the worst years of GTFC.

Nobody wishes ill of people and calling him names or rambling is worthwhile because he’s immune to anything, numb. Arrogant and narcissistic, two things which together are problematic. He’s been petulant and immature, we’ve been a play thing and a status raiser for him and his no mark chums who paid ten pence for a place on the board.

We will suffer his legacy for years and in truth the only people that acruslly pay the price are us. The fans. The people who are there throughout, before Fenty and after Fenty.

I wish no ill of him or his chums but if something were to happen I wouldn’t shed a tear...

The day you finally intercourse off out of my club, our club the better.

You sir are a cretin, a buffoon, an abomination of a football club owner and a girl private...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 94
Mariner_501
January 9, 2021, 5:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Absolute scumbag. Never in my life had such hatred for a person I have never met. Can't believe he is able to live in this town after what he has knowingly done to this club that means so much to so many. Evil man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 94
toontown
January 9, 2021, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Just c.unt off c.unty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 94
Chrisblor
January 9, 2021, 5:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Hi John you're a big useless Tory male masturbator who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope your future political career is just as successful as your time running Grimsby Town Football Club has been. All the best!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 94
aldi_01
January 9, 2021, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hi John you're a big useless Tory male masturbator who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope your future political career is just as successful as your time running Grimsby Town Football Club has been. All the best!

Future political career 😂😂😂you funny fornicator...he’s not arsed about politics anymore, he’ll be robbing old dears with his mate May soon....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 94
mariner91
January 9, 2021, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He won't accept any responsibility for this. The guy is incapable of recognising any faults. Absolutely no self-awareness.

Genuinely don't think I've ever known anyone with so little self-awareness as he seems to have. Has he ever admitted fault with anything? Does he even see fault?! He seems to still think his running of the club has been a success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 94
Harry Haddock
January 9, 2021, 5:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I can understand some of the anger on here, but elderberries ? Seriously ?

Ni

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 94
Mighty_Mariner
January 9, 2021, 5:23pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
My anger at this moment is firmly aimed in the direction of Holloway!!! He has put together the most spectacularly inept squad we've seen for decades!! It infuriates me he can go on SoccerAM, TalkSPORT and the like with a huge smile on his face, taking no responsibility for for destruction he has left!!

An absolute fraudster of a manager!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
chipsandgravy
January 9, 2021, 5:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
He has so much to answer for over the years but should be run out of Town for:-
1. To get promoted and miss the chance to build on it was criminal so much so he lost a decent manager.
2. To appoint Slade!
3. The Holloway year will go down as the biggest con to all supporters of this club.

The sooner him and all of his hanger ons go the better. I would rather accept relegation with a new consortium and decent management team then him to stay. At least I feel we would have a future!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
aldi_01
January 9, 2021, 5:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I’m pat rationalising his mistakes. Justifying them perhaps, I’m beyond logical discussions or being diplomatic or pragmatic. He’s a girl private. Simple as that.

A giant girl private. His sycophantic chums served only to massage that girl private.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
Saudimariner
January 9, 2021, 5:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +304
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I fart in your general direction.  Now go away, or I will taunt you again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
cmackenzie4
January 9, 2021, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If we are relegated again it would be unforgivable. Out of interest does anyone know how many teams In recent times have been relegated twice?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
BottesfordMariner
January 9, 2021, 5:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Today was another bitter defeat to take. Once again we have gifted a win to another poor side. Has happened far too much this season and going back beyond that tbh.

We had a bright 5 minutes at the start but shoot ourselves in the foot with urine poor defending to go a goal down and its like there's no way back for us it seems. At 2-0 I switched off as quite frankly I've seen this movie too many times and know how it ends.

Fenty should hold his head in shame as the state we find ourselves lays at his door. It may be too late for Hurst and the Consortium to get us out of this mess. What a legacy eh John. Likely relegated to non leaguer obscurity not once but twice. I would think about retiring somewhere else

Since we got back to the EFL in 2016 there doesnt appear to have been any real effort to move forward and progress. That was the reason Hurst left last time. And whilst I didnt like it at the time and for many fans remains a sore topic when i actually puase and think I dont blame Hurst any more for leaving last time. He wanted to improve himself (cant blame him for that) and felt he couldnt do that at Town. I now understand. Shrewsbury gave him an opportunity. He did well and it earned him a job in the Championship at Ipswich. Unfortunately they didnt back him financially and relegation followed. Theyve hardly torn up trees in L1 since he departed so probably not a fair reflection of his abilities. I hope however this season turns out the fans give Hursty some leeway as you can see from the season so far what a bag of shite he has inherited from Holloway and Fenty who i give equal blame for THIS season.

Neither the club or Holloway seem prepared for. this season. Yes we are in a pandemic....there are no fans in the stands and the financial impact that has. I am not oblivious. But it has been the same for every club. We seem to have dealt with the whole thing worse than anyone else.

First when last season ended abruptly we furloughed everyone (not alone in doing this mind)
Then when the players whose contracts expired we just let them walk away. No attempt to keep any. Several would have walked into current team. Sure IH would liked to have kept some.It was simply saving ££££. I dont know if Town thought they would remain available and would re-sign them when they knew football was re-starting. But shockingly other teams in the same position as us decided to start planning for the new season and had the audacity to sign them. We sat on our hands instead.

Those who remained under contract were told to take pay cuts. I am pretty sure now if Town could have done so and got away with it they would have simply released ALL the playing staff there and then contract or not.

Then when the season was about to start it was almost like Town were asleep and no planning went into Town's hastily arranged recruitment. No doubt hampered by financial restrictions enforced by Fenty and the board (to keep us sustainable of course) we end up assortment of unproven non leaguers and academy players who are simply not up to it. Where Holloway is culpable is bringing a shedload of below quality players and a bloated squad rather than using the clearly limited funds on getting fewer and better quality players. And some of those experienced pros we rightfully expected good things from like Rose and Williams have been underwhelming to put it mildly. In short Holloways signings have been a total shambles. His claim he had players and agents inundating him wanting to play for him seems a figment of Holloways vivid imagination. Bullshit artist.

He couldnt cope with the challenge of managing a football club in this situation and copulated off at the first opportunity.

Still I feel our chances of surviving are better with Hurst in charge than if Holloway had remained. We have half a season to turn it around . There are several teams in this league who are also excrement. But we need the new owners to take over asap and give Hurst the means to overhaul the team as best he can this month. My concern is the next handful of games we HAVE TO pick up points as we play teams at the bottom with us. New players are need NOW not the end of the month.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
Gaffer58
January 9, 2021, 5:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I was going to write a real diatribe of Mr Fenty and Holloway’s last  year  in running ( or should that be ruining) our club, again it’s our club, the fans, as they are the one constant over time that will always be here, but then after watching today’s performance I thought, why bother, half the team didn’t so why should I.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2021, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Today was another bitter defeat to take. Once again we have gifted a win to another poor side. Has happened far too much this season and going back beyond that tbh.

We had a bright 5 minutes at the start but shoot ourselves in the foot with urine poor defending to go a goal down and its like there's no way back for us it seems. At 2-0 I switched off as quite frankly I've seen this movie too many times and know how it ends.

Fenty should hold his head in shame as the state we find ourselves lays at his door. It may be too late for Hurst and the Consortium to get us out of this mess. What a legacy eh John. Likely relegated to non leaguer obscurity not once but twice. I would think about retiring somewhere else

Since we got back to the EFL in 2016 there doesnt appear to have been any real effort to move forward and progress. That was the reason Hurst left last time. And whilst I didnt like it at the time and for many fans remains a sore topic when i actually puase and think I dont blame Hurst any more for leaving last time. He wanted to improve himself (cant blame him for that) and felt he couldnt do that at Town. I now understand. Shrewsbury gave him an opportunity. He did well and it earned him a job in the Championship at Ipswich. Unfortunately they didnt back him financially and relegation followed. Theyve hardly torn up trees in L1 since he departed so probably not a fair reflection of his abilities. I hope however this season turns out the fans give Hursty some leeway as you can see from the season so far what a bag of shite he has inherited from Holloway and Fenty who i give equal blame for THIS season.

Neither the club or Holloway seem prepared for. this season. Yes we are in a pandemic....there are no fans in the stands and the financial impact that has. I am not oblivious. But it has been the same for every club. We seem to have dealt with the whole thing worse than anyone else.

First when last season ended abruptly we furloughed everyone (not alone in doing this mind)
Then when the players whose contracts expired we just let them walk away. No attempt to keep any. Several would have walked into current team. Sure IH would liked to have kept some.It was simply saving ££££. I dont know if Town thought they would remain available and would re-sign them when they knew football was re-starting. But shockingly other teams in the same position as us decided to start planning for the new season and had the audacity to sign them. We sat on our hands instead.

Those who remained under contract were told to take pay cuts. I am pretty sure now if Town could have done so and got away with it they would have simply released ALL the playing staff there and then contract or not.

Then when the season was about to start it was almost like Town were asleep and no planning went into Town's hastily arranged recruitment. No doubt hampered by financial restrictions enforced by Fenty and the board (to keep us sustainable of course) we end up assortment of unproven non leaguers and academy players who are simply not up to it. Where Holloway is culpable is bringing a shedload of below quality players and a bloated squad rather than using the clearly limited funds on getting fewer and better quality players. And some of those experienced pros we rightfully expected good things from like Rose and Williams have been underwhelming to put it mildly. In short Holloways signings have been a total shambles. His claim he had players and agents inundating him wanting to play for him seems a figment of Holloways vivid imagination. Bullshit artist.

He couldnt cope with the challenge of managing a football club in this situation and copulated off at the first opportunity.

Still I feel our chances of surviving are better with Hurst in charge than if Holloway had remained. We have half a season to turn it around . There are several teams in this league who are also excrement. But we need the new owners to take over asap and give Hurst the means to overhaul the team as best he can this month. My concern is the next handful of games we HAVE TO pick up points as we play teams at the bottom with us. New players are need NOW not the end of the month.

A post that sums things up.

Regarding your last sentence, I have been very down about the lack of signings this week. To start the game today with Green as the frontman was ridiculous.

If Hurst had seen the last few games, and taken advice from Ben Davies etc. how was that allowed to happen? We are either going to get better players in or we aren't. We really do need to pay over the odds in wages, if we are to attract the quality we need to get out of this mess - no good fannying around for another couple of weeks (defeats) before we address the obvious truth that most of the team needs replacing.

Hurst has walked into an almost impossible situation but he needs to act fast - if we stumble on much longer and then the season is curtailed we could be down by default.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker

A post that sums things up.

Regarding your last sentence, I have been very down about the lack of signings this week. To start the game today with Green as the frontman was ridiculous.

If Hurst had seen the last few games, and taken advice from Ben Davies etc. how was that allowed to happen? We are either going to get better players in or we aren't. We really do need to pay over the odds in wages, if we are to attract the quality we need to get out of this mess - no good fannying around for another couple of weeks (defeats) before we address the obvious truth that most of the team needs replacing.

Hurst has walked into an almost impossible situation but he needs to act fast - if we stumble on much longer and then the season is curtailed we could be down by default.

There are players in our squad who should never play for the club again. Some didn’t even try today. They know who they are.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
blundellpork
January 9, 2021, 6:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from cmackenzie4
If we are relegated again it would be unforgivable. Out of interest does anyone know how many teams In recent times have been relegated twice?

Macclesfield and Barnet come to mind as teams who have dropped twice in the last c 10 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
Boris Johnson
January 9, 2021, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from cmackenzie4

quite a few actually

Darlington
Barent
York
Lincoln
Halifax
Newport?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
It Bites
January 9, 2021, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Boris Johnson

quite a few actually

Darlington
Barent
York
Lincoln
Halifax
Newport?

Let's be honest "Boris" we have Benn technically relegated 3 times under JSF
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
quebec38
January 9, 2021, 6:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Unfortunately he won’t care about the club as a fan nor will he care what people think of him so long as he has his sycophantic cronies close by. Fenty has only been a fan when there has been a camera shoved in his face.
This last chapter will be all about screwing as much money from the club and the consortium as he can. You could argue not much different to the rest of his reign.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2021, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There are players in our squad who should never play for the club again. Some didn’t even try today. They know who they are.

Well, let's name them.

Macca was shocking - he has completely lost his way he just does not inspire confidence. Preston is not ready yet. Waterfall is too slow, as is Pollock who can give any thoughts of a big move the elbow.

Rose has been shocking since he signed, Clifton doesn't seem to know what he is there for and cannot carry it out anyway, Hewitt has one reasonable game in five or six and would be perhaps better employed as a centre back.

Matt Green should have retired a while ago, or gone semi pro as he just doesn't have any redeeming qualities.

We need 5 or six new players with a new will to win, but where Hurst will get them from is anybody's guess. Need to splash the cash and give players an incentive to come and try to sort this mess out.  

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
Heisenberg
January 9, 2021, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from It Bites

Let's be honest "Boris" we have Benn technically relegated 3 times under JSF

We HAVE anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
ska face
January 9, 2021, 6:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from LH

There’s no way he could be seen around Town ever again can there? I’d move to Australia.

Currently holed up in his Liverpool führerbunker I’m led to believe. Can’t stay there forever if he wants to carry on as everyone’s favourite councillor.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
mariner83
January 9, 2021, 7:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
he's not even a football fan, (allegedly) I doubt he actually gives a
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
Fillipe Noche
January 9, 2021, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I’m not going to make this a usual Fillipe lengthy post.

Just to say though, stop this quitter syndrome and stop this throwing the towel in mentality

Half a season left and get your heads up and only do positives

I know you blighters don’t like me, but come on lads and lasses. Get positive and hold your heads up high ffs as we are in this together, even though we aren’t allowed in Blundell Park to make tie difference

Make the difference in other ways

You know how inventive you were when you was out there making Fenty Out videos and banners to put all over Grimsby and Cleethorpes? Well there you go, there’s your starting point. Let’s see somebody organise some videos for those players in black and white telling them “GTFC Players, We Can’t Be There For You, But We Are Fully Behind You”. Come banner artists, let’s get some of these hung up near Blundell Park, near Cheapside and around Town.

I know just how fabulous GTFC fans are. I don’t have to remind you, with your outstanding support home and away, and your fund raising brilliance. Well come on you marvellous people, find ways to overcome the absence of attending games and find ways to inspire the players, because they need it. Be inventive

I’m not a bloody board member. I’m not a board members stooge. I’m a fan and I care. And I know that like me, you don’t want that sickening taste again that occurred behind that goal at Burton, or those years of struggling in the National League again, with players off defeats.

YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU CAN STILL BE THE DIFFERENCE EVEN WHILST YOU CANNOT BE AT BP

SHOW AS MUCH PASSION IN THIS NEED FOR INVENTIVENESS AS YOU DID WHEN YOU WENT ALL “FENTY OUT”

You can do this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 7:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
go away you girl private fenty stooge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 12:46am
Meths Drinker
Come on Pip. We know you’re on here flying a false flag mission to discredit Fenty by portraying the ineptness of his supporters.

Start by saying it’s not going to be a typical Felipe long post then write a post that makes Tolstoy look taciturn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
arryarryarry
January 10, 2021, 4:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117

Well, let's name them.

Macca was shocking - he has completely lost his way he just does not inspire confidence. Preston is not ready yet. Waterfall is too slow, as is Pollock who can give any thoughts of a big move the elbow.

Rose has been shocking since he signed, Clifton doesn't seem to know what he is there for and cannot carry it out anyway, Hewitt has one reasonable game in five or six and would be perhaps better employed as a centre back.

Matt Green should have retired a while ago, or gone semi pro as he just doesn't have any redeeming qualities.

We need 5 or six new players with a new will to win, but where Hurst will get them from is anybody's guess. Need to splash the cash and give players an incentive to come and try to sort this mess out.  

I don't really disagree with what you have said other than adding the rest of the shower that have played or should I say wandered onto the pitch.

I would pick up on your point about Rose, I fully agree and cannot understand those that seem to suggest he has been one of the better players, he may make the odd good pass but he can't tackle, he can't run and in the last few games looks like he doesn't give a toss.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 94
OneLove
January 10, 2021, 7:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
id love to bump into mr bigtime holloway. The blokes a bottle job, no knackers, not the man he talked he was, biggest div on the planet along with those clowns who've run the club to grave, these arent men there shittheads, VP unit types, but fucck them, we move on. Whether were up or down, will always be town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 94
smokey111
January 10, 2021, 9:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,360
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Enlighten us. Who didn't try? Not, who played poorly.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2021, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from smokey111

Enlighten us. Who didn't try? Not, who played poorly.

There were at least three who shirked challenges - I've named them before.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 94
aldi_01
January 10, 2021, 9:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’ve really seen the need to go after Green but at times today I did wonder if he was arsing himself.

I do think that with this crop compared to the other wage stealing unprofessional illegitimates that took us down it’s very much a case of them just being rubbish. The other crop were boozers and work shy with zero professionalism whereas these don’t appear that way...they’re just bobbins.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
male private Nale
January 10, 2021, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
My anger at this moment is firmly aimed in the direction of Holloway!!! He has put together the most spectacularly inept squad we've seen for decades!! It infuriates me he can go on SoccerAM, TalkSPORT and the like with a huge smile on his face, taking no responsibility for for destruction he has left!!

An absolute fraudster of a manager!!

Absolutely spot on, it’s criminal that he seems to have got away Scot free without any tarnish of his reputation.

He has been the worst manager I have seen at this club, bearing in mind I started watching Town under Lyons.
This charlatan should be held to account over his tactical ineptitude and horrific transfer policy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 94
aldi_01
January 10, 2021, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
But he’s a media darling, he says daft things and he’s mates with the so called experts...he’ll be able to create his own narrative and the folks who watch football from afar or follow a top club won’t really care.

At least fans of the clubs he’s been at will sympathise with us and know the truth.

As many said, if what had gone on at town, the May debacle, urine poor management, the takeover etc. And Holloway wasn’t involved that no mark jock White would’ve been all over it...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 94
pontoonlew
January 10, 2021, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Transfer policy, Covid clauses, retainment policy and playing one game in pre season.

All things that directly affect where we’re at now, yet all things MANY people on here lapped up at the time. The warning signs were there for all to see yet so many of you shot down anybody who questioned it. Our ‘race to the bottom’ attitude of ‘just don’t be last’ started at the top and trickled right down to the fan base who happily watched it happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2021, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
Transfer policy, Covid clauses, retainment policy and playing one game in pre season.

All things that directly affect where we’re at now, yet all things MANY people on here lapped up at the time. The warning signs were there for all to see yet so many of you shot down anybody who questioned it. Our ‘race to the bottom’ attitude of ‘just don’t be last’ started at the top and trickled right down to the fan base who happily watched it happen.

I simply can’t remember that there were many who lapped up a ‘race to the bottom’ attitude. Many of us are long enough in the tooth to have witnessed the whole Fenty era that’s been predicated on an attitude of ‘I saved the club now I want my money back’. The penny rich, pound thick mentality that even brought a convicted fraudster through the door whilst the fans sat at home watching on iFollow.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 94
pontoonlew
January 10, 2021, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I simply can’t remember that there were many who lapped up a ‘race to the bottom’ attitude. Many of us are long enough in the tooth to have witnessed the whole Fenty era that’s been predicated on an attitude of ‘I saved the club now I want my money back’. The penny rich, pound thick mentality that even brought a convicted fraudster through the door whilst the fans sat at home watching on iFollow.

Totally disagree, lost count of how many times I saw posts like ‘teams will go bust this season so relegation is unlikely’ from our fans. That was the boards plan this season and a large proportion of our fan base happily accepted it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 94
Davec
January 10, 2021, 10:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I agree with Pontoonlew on this.

When we had Covid clauses inserted and several players were turning us down there was a few criticising the Covid clauses but also there was some defending the board saying that it's a very sensible move as many clubs will go bust.

Also when people raised concerns about the preparation and poor quality of the squad again some fans dismissed those and said that the right approach is just to survive the season and many clubs won't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
aldi_01
January 10, 2021, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
I think plenty realised that Holloway was a charlatan in the summer. Many pointed out the facts and the concerns but at the time the over postive types seemed to push any criticism, however valid, down...

People tried to have sensible discussions about the preposterous idea of Covid contracts but people jumped to the defence of the club and used Holloway’s success ten years a go as a justification of him allegedly knowing what he’s doing.

The warning signs were there back in May/June but as usual the over optimistic types and the club buried their head and we arrived here...again.

Fenty is to blame for the long term damage caused to the club, possibly even the people who stuck up for him and swallowed his bullshit didn’t help. We had protests, albeit small before but those fans were shot down and the nonsense rhetoric of Fenty was thrown towards them. We’ve seen countless mistakes made, embarrassing responses to things and just down right confusion. It isn’t the fans fault but perhaps a few now feel very silly for listening and swallowing it all. How Fenty managed to get away Scot free when we went down the conference last time is still a mystery to me.

It isn’t the fans fault, nor do I actually blame the players as such. We swallowed it but eventually we realised as a collective what was happening and rallied round. We aren’t accountable for the mistakes, we just suffered them.

Right now I blame Fenty and Holloway. There are hangers on but they’re irrelevant, they may think they’re not but they are. Mere puppets. Holloway has assembled the worst squad ever, he bought in to the Fenty mess and was clearly here for monetary reasons. Holloway is the worst manager I’ve seen in charge of Grimsby Town. He will take some beating. People may point to previous successes but that’s irrelevant. He’s a crook, a fraud, a snake oil salesman and a charlatan. A coward in fact.

The man rambles, he makes incomprehensible metaphors about things that offer little insight. He makes comments which gain the odd laugh, we know why now; it detracts away from his complete and utter  lack of understanding of football these days, football at our level. When you actually listen to him on the TV he says nothing of value. Read his interviews, nothing of value or about football or vision or ideas. A complete fraud.

We can go on for days about the incompetent nature of Fenty and his chums, we can list countless mistakes along the way (mistakes that were justified by some at the time) which should’ve raised an eyebrow or set alarm bells ringing. They didn’t. We’ve felt the force of that and find ourselves once again in the mire. Staring relegation in the face. A club that regressed so much we’re actually lagging behind those clubs in the division below.

Nobody expects us to return to the Championship, we’ve realised we don’t really belong at that table but a club that is sustainable, sits at the heart of the community. A team that wins games, loses them with dignity and provides comfort and enjoyment for its fans. A club that is at least ready for the 21st century isn’t too much to ask for.

It’s clear that was impossible under Fenty and then Holloway; they’re going and gone. This will only be a good thing for GTFC. There’s a stark reality that we will essentially have to start again in the conference, again, only one person, may be two, are to blame for that.

I support Hurst, I support the new owners but John Fenty and Ian Holloway have a lot to answer for. Holloway will disappear back to his media luvvies and pretend as if nothing happened; hopefully Fenty feels the weight of a full investigation by the council, police if necessary and eventually looks in the mirror and realised he is to blame. He is at fault.

He won’t though...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
grimps
January 10, 2021, 10:27am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Quoted from aldi_01
But he’s a media darling, he says daft things and he’s mates with the so called experts...he’ll be able to create his own narrative and the folks who watch football from afar or follow a top club won’t really care.

At least fans of the clubs he’s been at will sympathise with us and know the truth.

As many said, if what had gone on at town, the May debacle, urine poor management, the takeover etc. And Holloway wasn’t involved that no mark jock White would’ve been all over it...

He’s always had an easy ride from the national media , any reporter or presenter worth their salt would have had Ollie in melt down with a critical questions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
paul1717
January 10, 2021, 11:32am
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from aldi_01
I support Hurst, I support the new owners but John Fenty and Ian Holloway have a lot to answer for. Holloway will disappear back to his media luvvies and pretend as if nothing happened;hopefully Fenty feels the weight of a full investigation by the council, police if necessary and eventually looks in the mirror and realised he is to blame. He is at fault.
He won’t though...

Looks like the word is finally getting out on the street. Things are about to get very interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 94
realist
January 10, 2021, 11:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Our spineless puppet chairman must accept a  lot of blame for the current situation.  By doing nothing he is just as culpable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 94
friskneymariner
January 10, 2021, 2:37pm

Brandy Drinker
You knew what he was like but still people blindly defended him,they are the ones who should bear the responsibility

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
Cambridgefish
January 10, 2021, 2:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from friskneymariner
You knew what he was like but still people blindly defended him,they are the ones who should bear the responsibility

Fenty or Hollowhead? Or both?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 94
friskneymariner
January 10, 2021, 3:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Cambridgefish

Fenty or Hollowhead? Or both?

Fenty although I did have slight concerns Holloway was all presentation and no substance just thought  that was me my usual cynical suspicious self.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 10, 2021, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Holloway is just the latest in a long line of managers to lave us near the bottom of division 4.

The real culprit for just about everything is one JS Fenty Esq.

Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
heppy88
January 10, 2021, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01
I think plenty realised that Holloway was a charlatan in the summer. Many pointed out the facts and the concerns but at the time the over postive types seemed to push any criticism, however valid, down...

People tried to have sensible discussions about the preposterous idea of Covid contracts but people jumped to the defence of the club and used Holloway’s success ten years a go as a justification of him allegedly knowing what he’s doing.

The warning signs were there back in May/June but as usual the over optimistic types and the club buried their head and we arrived here...again.

Fenty is to blame for the long term damage caused to the club, possibly even the people who stuck up for him and swallowed his bullshit didn’t help. We had protests, albeit small before but those fans were shot down and the nonsense rhetoric of Fenty was thrown towards them. We’ve seen countless mistakes made, embarrassing responses to things and just down right confusion. It isn’t the fans fault but perhaps a few now feel very silly for listening and swallowing it all. How Fenty managed to get away Scot free when we went down the conference last time is still a mystery to me.

It isn’t the fans fault, nor do I actually blame the players as such. We swallowed it but eventually we realised as a collective what was happening and rallied round. We aren’t accountable for the mistakes, we just suffered them.

Right now I blame Fenty and Holloway. There are hangers on but they’re irrelevant, they may think they’re not but they are. Mere puppets. Holloway has assembled the worst squad ever, he bought in to the Fenty mess and was clearly here for monetary reasons. Holloway is the worst manager I’ve seen in charge of Grimsby Town. He will take some beating. People may point to previous successes but that’s irrelevant. He’s a crook, a fraud, a snake oil salesman and a charlatan. A coward in fact.

The man rambles, he makes incomprehensible metaphors about things that offer little insight. He makes comments which gain the odd laugh, we know why now; it detracts away from his complete and utter  lack of understanding of football these days, football at our level. When you actually listen to him on the TV he says nothing of value. Read his interviews, nothing of value or about football or vision or ideas. A complete fraud.

We can go on for days about the incompetent nature of Fenty and his chums, we can list countless mistakes along the way (mistakes that were justified by some at the time) which should’ve raised an eyebrow or set alarm bells ringing. They didn’t. We’ve felt the force of that and find ourselves once again in the mire. Staring relegation in the face. A club that regressed so much we’re actually lagging behind those clubs in the division below.

Nobody expects us to return to the Championship, we’ve realised we don’t really belong at that table but a club that is sustainable, sits at the heart of the community. A team that wins games, loses them with dignity and provides comfort and enjoyment for its fans. A club that is at least ready for the 21st century isn’t too much to ask for.

It’s clear that was impossible under Fenty and then Holloway; they’re going and gone. This will only be a good thing for GTFC. There’s a stark reality that we will essentially have to start again in the conference, again, only one person, may be two, are to blame for that.

I support Hurst, I support the new owners but John Fenty and Ian Holloway have a lot to answer for. Holloway will disappear back to his media luvvies and pretend as if nothing happened; hopefully Fenty feels the weight of a full investigation by the council, police if necessary and eventually looks in the mirror and realised he is to blame. He is at fault.

He won’t though...

Good post Aldi. What a sad, sorry situation we find ourselves in. How many times have we said that over the Fenty years? Too many to count. But he carried on and on and on. I can’t for the life of me understand how he became successful in business. It just goes to show successful business men don’t always make successful club owners. It also beggars belief how many individuals Fenty fooled over the years. Some people wouldn’t entertain a bad word about him, despite his failures and gaffes. Even on here there was quite a few who would give him the benefit of the doubt, finding reasons and excuses for the mess he was creating. It’s interesting how he was able to bring out the absolute worst in all the managers we’ve had. They would literally transform before our eyes, from beacons of positivity to fallen, beaten individuals, full of despair and anger. Much anger. Hurst (part 1) with his cup hand to his ear and his unceremonious exit, Bignot and the Henderson bus episode, Slade and the Matt Dean episode, Jolly and his foul mouthed taped rants, Holloway...... One common denominator......Fenty.
I’m sure when he’s well away from the club his poisonous   Influence will hopefully diminish. It is for this reason he has to be kept as far away from the club as possible. There’s no room for sentiment as displayed in previous threads about Fenty’s future relationship with the club. Fan or no fan, the man has to be kept well away!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
DB
January 10, 2021, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I am not going to defend JF. He was/is in charge of the club and our sad demise this year is solely down to him and his employment IH. However there is another group of people who sat on there backsides and let JF do as he likes.

It's not the fans, the press or uncle tom cobley and all. It you the SHAREHOLDERS who have done nothing to stop JF. You have just left the club for JF to do as he likes.. According to wiki JF is the major shareholder, just under 43%. The controlling majority shareholders are Mike Parker, Supporters Trust and the other 1,800 shareholders who between them hold the majority of voting shares, 57%.

Those shareholders, some of which will probably be JF sympathy holders, like the 5 x £100 shares IH holds (company a/c's, but IH is not listed down as a shareholder?) have let this great club and supporters down. If you are one of these people on this commenting on this web site shame on you; and the rest of the sheep.

This thread is " Get Your Facts Right" and the facts are 57% of shareholders do not appear to give a damn about what JF has done. If they did care they could have done something about it but failed. Failed the club, failed the fans and failed to ensure that the fans have anything like a team of professional footballers to support.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 12:18am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from DB
I am not going to defend JF. He was/is in charge of the club and our sad demise this year is solely down to him and his employment IH. However there is another group of people who sat on there backsides and let JF do as he likes.

It's not the fans, the press or uncle tom cobley and all. It you the SHAREHOLDERS who have done nothing to stop JF. You have just left the club for JF to do as he likes.. According to wiki JF is the major shareholder, just under 43%. The controlling majority shareholders are Mike Parker, Supporters Trust and the other 1,800 shareholders who between them hold the majority of voting shares, 57%.

Those shareholders, some of which will probably be JF sympathy holders, like the 5 x £100 shares IH holds (company a/c's, but IH is not listed down as a shareholder?) have let this great club and supporters down. If you are one of these people on this commenting on this web site shame on you; and the rest of the sheep.

This thread is " Get Your Facts Right" and the facts are 57% of shareholders do not appear to give a damn about what JF has done. If they did care they could have done something about it but failed. Failed the club, failed the fans and failed to ensure that the fans have anything like a team of professional footballers to support.

What a nasty horrible and stupid thing to say. I am beside my self with anger that you a fan who presumably hasn’t bothered to buy shares when the club needed cash, can criticise us that have. I have bought a total of £500 of shares and I am in no position to organise 1,800 other shareholders to stop John Fenty doing what he has done. I am sure everyone of us bought shares not for any power and certainly not for any financial gain but to support the club financially in our small way. Yet you have the sheer nerve to criticise us whilst you kept your money in your pocket. You should be ashamed of yourself. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
Boris Johnson
January 11, 2021, 12:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I purchased shares at a time when I thought the club would benefit,

The OP does nothing but fan the flames of hatred and
Toxicity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
ginnywings
January 11, 2021, 12:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We seem to have had an upsurge recently of newly joined posters that are just trolls. Wonder why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
davmariner
January 11, 2021, 1:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Boris Johnson
I purchased shares at a time when I thought the club would benefit,

The OP does nothing but fan the flames of hatred and
Toxicity.

Well this is ironic.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
forza ivano
January 11, 2021, 6:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Quoted from DB

it's irrelevantwho owns how many shares.JF could own 1 share and the fact would remain that the club owes him £1.5 million, so he wields the power, coz he could then demand his money to be paid back instantly, so bankrupting the club.Ots the debt that alows the tyranny, not the shareholders or Board. Mike parker will tell you that....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
diehardmariner
January 11, 2021, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from ska face

Currently holed up in his Liverpool führerbunker I’m led to believe. Can’t stay there forever if he wants to carry on as everyone’s favourite councillor.

Hopefully the people of New Waltham and Humberston remember this when he's up for re-election, which I believe is May this year...
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

What a nasty horrible and stupid thing to say. I am beside my self with anger that you a fan who presumably hasn’t bothered to buy shares when the club needed cash, can criticise us that have. I have bought a total of £500 of shares and I am in no position to organise 1,800 other shareholders to stop John Fenty doing what he has done. I am sure everyone of us bought shares not for any power and certainly not for any financial gain but to support the club financially in our small way. Yet you have the sheer nerve to criticise us whilst you kept your money in your pocket. You should be ashamed of yourself. #UTM

It would have been nice to have £500 to put into town as you did, but as I see you live in the rich south (Bucks) don't assume everybody has the wealth you have.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

it's irrelevantwho owns how many shares.JF could own 1 share and the fact would remain that the club owes him £1.5 million, so he wields the power, coz he could then demand his money to be paid back instantly, so bankrupting the club.Ots the debt that alows the tyranny, not the shareholders or Board. Mike parker will tell you that....

Money was raised for the promotion push. The smaller shareholders could have united to raise the £1.5 million, 10,000 @ £150 per head ( or more if they could afford it). Options were not explored fully by the MAJORITY of shareholders but they just let JF have his own way. I understood that the £1.5 million included his shares which wouldn't have to be bought, given that majority of shares were not held by JF. You have to have raised money to cover his loans and he could have kept his shares; with JF being outvoted at any meeting.

The majority of shareholders had the means (shares) to overcome JF but lacked the tenacity. Yes they did a fantastic job raising funds but should have carried on and made the club a supporter owned club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
crusty ole pie
January 11, 2021, 2:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hopefully the people of New Waltham and Humberston remember this when he's up for re-election, which I believe is May this year...

I have a feeling he will not be standing for re election
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
golfer
January 11, 2021, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
What conditions were laid down re these benign loans ? Can he ask for them back at any time ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 2:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

It would have been nice to have £500 to put into town as you did, but as I see you live in the rich south (Bucks) don't assume everybody has the wealth you have.

I am not a wealthy man at all but the first time I could buy shares I bought £300’s worth which was about the price of a season ticket which I would have bought had I still lived local. The second time was just recently when the club were again in difficulties when I bought £200’s worth. The reason I only spent £200 was I could not afford more. Why am I in Bucks? Because I could not get a job locally and like many many others I was basically forced to move down south to work where rightly or wrongly the job opportunities are better.

I am not going to get into a slanging match with you but you haven’t bought a single penny’s worth of shares to help out the club in its hour of need. Then you have the sheer gall and cheek to criticise those that have and then you suggest the only reason I bought shares is because I am wealthy. Now grow up and stop acting like a child and think before you type. Thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 11, 2021, 2:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I also suspect that, having not yet reached the peak of this ‘wave’, the May local elections will have to be postponed (again) for at least a month or two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 11, 2021, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Not much point really is there? I imagine his political ambitions, such as they were, are in tatters following his stepping down from his deputy role and the holder of an important portfolio.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2021, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I don't think the tone above is required but I've seen it stated a couple of times now that Runaway is stated as a shareholder but then not on the list.

What a shame all of the board are currently hiding under a rock to answer that question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
Swansea_Mariner
January 11, 2021, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from DB

I have enough cash to pay my bills and put a meal on the table. I admire you for finding a job elsewhere but this small man is where my admiration ends.

Ave house price Bucks £430 + K, ave house price NE Lincs £154+ . One of us lives in a wealthy area sonny and it's not me. As far as growing up is concerned it is YOU not me. You have purchased shares, like it or not, in a public company. With those shares comes a responsibility. If you do not understand your responsibilities as a shareholder grow up. You have ensured that you and 100's like you have a part in the control of a company.

A part that gives you the right, endorsed in law, to question the actions of company directors, to vote on the election of director's and vote to accept the company accounts. As a shareholder, living in a wealthy part of the country, you may or may not have the means to attend an AGM, but you still have the right for a proxy vote or nominate somebody to vote on your behalf.

So Mr shareholder, given that the latest set of accounts have been approved and registered at companies house, please tell us why YOU and the other shareholders show a certain Mr I E Holloway as a director having 5 - £100 shares. Why is the same person not list in the list of shareholders.

This is YOUR company not mine, a company that you chose for, what happens to be good reason, to invest in. So please company owner explain why IH is shown to have shares and then not list?

You have the audacity little man to call me childish, I suggest you look in a mirror, take responsibility for your actions and take one giant leap to being a man.

Ps. It's not a slanging match as you suggest, but facts. You are a company owner through your shares.

You are a very strange individual, leave the guy alone he supported his club through a share purchase, like many others have. Most people don't see that as an investment, more a gift.

The options you are talking about regarding  being a shareholder are technically correct,  yes, but can you give us a practical example of where a vast group of small shareholders have organised action in the way you point out? I've never heard of 1000s of small shareholders organising in this way  doesn't seem practical to me, I'd bet it's never happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You are a very strange individual, leave the guy alone he supported his club through a share purchase, like many others have. Most people don't see that as an investment, more a gift.

The options you are talking about regarding  being a shareholder are technically correct,  yes, but can you give us a practical example of where a vast group of small shareholders have organised action in the way you point out? I've never heard of 1000s of small shareholders organising in this way  doesn't seem practical to me, I'd bet it's never happened.

Given the hate of JF it is an option that could/should have been looked at but sadly wasn't. The guy had a go at me when I only point out the fact that shareholders own the company and with it comes responsibilities.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

I have enough cash to pay my bills and put a meal on the table. I admire you for finding a job elsewhere but this small man is where my admiration ends.

Ave house price Bucks £430 + K, ave house price NE Lincs £154+ . One of us lives in a wealthy area sonny and it's not me. As far as growing up is concerned it is YOU not me. You have purchased shares, like it or not, in a public company. With those shares comes a responsibility. If you do not understand your responsibilities as a shareholder grow up. You have ensured that you and 100's like you have a part in the control of a company.

A part that gives you the right, endorsed in law, to question the actions of company directors, to vote on the election of director's and vote to accept the company accounts. As a shareholder, living in a wealthy part of the country, you may or may not have the means to attend an AGM, but you still have the right for a proxy vote or nominate somebody to vote on your behalf.

So Mr shareholder, given that the latest set of accounts have been approved and registered at companies house, please tell us why YOU and the other shareholders show a certain Mr I E Holloway as a director having 5 - £100 shares. Why is the same person not list in the list of shareholders.

This is YOUR company not mine, a company that you chose for, what happens to be good reason, to invest in. So please company owner explain why IH is shown to have shares and then not list?

You have the audacity little man to call me childish, I suggest you look in a mirror, take responsibility for your actions and take one giant leap to being a man.

Ps. It's not a slanging match as you suggest, but facts. You are a company owner through your shares.

I’ve not read your reply nor will I. The only thing I suggest you do is look at all my green ticks and your red crosses. That tells you that just about everyone believes you are totally wrong. Thank you and goodnight!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
grimsby pete
January 11, 2021, 5:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
It would not surprise me if Fenty reimbursed  Hollowhead when he left.

Bet he would not do it for any fan though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!! Thank you for your support I really appreciate it. I think he’s just a wind up merchant who gets off on it. I think it would be impossible to round up 1,800 small shareholders as he suggested anyway. How would I contact them? The club would hardly give me their addresses, phone number and email addresses would they? Anyway thanks one again for your support, here’s to an upturn in our fortunes both on and off the pitch. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
ginnywings
January 11, 2021, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimExile

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!! Thank you for your support I really appreciate it. I think he’s just a wind up merchant who gets off on it. I think it would be impossible to round up 1,800 small shareholders as he suggested anyway. How would I contact them? The club would hardly give me their addresses, phone number and email addresses would they? Anyway thanks one again for your support, here’s to an upturn in our fortunes both on and off the pitch. #UTM

I suspect a good proportion of them have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

The only wind up are those that shirk their responsibilities, and then blame others for their shortcomings.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
aldi_01
January 11, 2021, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

The only wind up are those that shirk their responsibilities, and then blame others for their shortcomings.

Alright Mr Marley, you’ve had your fun...now strap them knee pads on, John requires his after dinner siphon...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
mariner91
January 11, 2021, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

Given the hate of JF it is an option that could/should have been looked at but sadly wasn't. The guy had a go at me when I only point out the fact that shareholders own the company and with it comes responsibilities.

The guy had a go at you cause you're being a twat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

The guy had a go at you cause you're being a twat.

So what's it make you? and it's not a gentleman.

1,800 + shareholders and one cannot accept his responsibilities. We've all made our points, like them or not so why not make this the last post on this subject.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
forza ivano
January 11, 2021, 7:11pm

Exile
Quoted from DB

Money was raised for the promotion push. The smaller shareholders could have united to raise the £1.5 million, 10,000 @ £150 per head ( or more if they could afford it). Options were not explored fully by the MAJORITY of shareholders but they just let JF have his own way. I understood that the £1.5 million included his shares which wouldn't have to be bought, given that majority of shares were not held by JF. You have to have raised money to cover his loans and he could have kept his shares; with JF being outvoted at any meeting.

The majority of shareholders had the means (shares) to overcome JF but lacked the tenacity. Yes they did a fantastic job raising funds but should have carried on and made the club a supporter owned club.

would be wonderful if we had 10,000 fans ,let alone 10,000 shareholders.

apart from that your logic is impeccable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

would be wonderful if we had 10,000 fans ,let alone 10,000 shareholders.

apart from that your logic is impeccable

I agree and thank you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
forza ivano
January 11, 2021, 7:42pm

Exile
Quoted from DB

I agree and thank you

woooooossssssshhhhhhh  !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2021, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimExile

I think 10% of the shareholding is required to call an AGM which makes our trolls theory very difficult. In reality, only 3 shareholders can call an EGM as an individual shareholder: John Fenty, Mike Parker and Mariners Trust (after a ballot of their members).

A few of the other largest shareholders could potentially come together to reach 10% but getting about £250k worth of small shareholders together would be an event never seen before surely!

It never came to it but if Fenty dug his heels in, I think pressure should have been applied on the Trust to vote among their members on calling an EGM to raise a vote of no confidence. Only then would many of the people like yourself come forward and make a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 8:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think 10% of the shareholding is required to call an AGM which makes our trolls theory very difficult. In reality, only 3 shareholders can call an EGM as an individual shareholder: John Fenty, Mike Parker and Mariners Trust (after a ballot of their members).

A few of the other largest shareholders could potentially come together to reach 10% but getting about £250k worth of small shareholders together would be an event never seen before surely!

It never came to it but if Fenty dug his heels in, I think pressure should have been applied on the Trust to vote among their members on calling an EGM to raise a vote of no confidence. Only then would many of the people like yourself come forward and make a difference.

Great post. Totally agree with you. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2021, 8:59pm
Meths Drinker

Remember May in May!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
Mariner_501
January 11, 2021, 10:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
DB has to be the weirdest poster ever on this forum.

Worst thing is I don’t even think he’s trolling, just mentally ill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_501

I was thinking this post had finished around reply 87 (or thereabouts) and was petering out, but now it continues for no apparent reason.

That's weird

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 94
paul1717
January 11, 2021, 10:39pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from Mariner_501

Your are probably right, alas we must help him get through this thing whatever it is.
It's called  diversity.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
ex-merseymariner
January 11, 2021, 11:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402

That assumes that he stands for reelection......

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO GetYourFactsRight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.