Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 129 Guests

Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...

This thread currently has 8,446 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 4:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pizzzza

You were very optimistic in expecting to land a Jackson Pollock reference on The Fishy

I think that was the real reason for that selection. That’s the way my mind works at least building up to a Dad Joke.

I can’t now say that front line is Jackson Pollocks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
GY1
January 10, 2021, 6:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 137
...who would you have starting v Southend next Saturday?

Play 442  - in 51 years supporting Town it's the only shape we've ever looked comfortable with.

Jackson    Pollock

Wright        Bennett            Spokes        Morais

Habergham    Hewitt         Waterfall        Hendrie                          

Macca

Forward line could be pure artistry  

Thinking outside the box, that's what I like to see! Pollock flicking on long balls for Jackson, winning set pieces, holding up play. After all he is our leading scorer! Can't do any worse.

Failing that they could sell a few paintings and make town a bit of money so we can afford a few quality players?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
Wrawby_Mariner
January 10, 2021, 7:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
I don't get this 'put Pollock up top' thing. He's a centre half and coincidently our top-scorer on the basis that our forwards aren't doing what that they're paid probably more than you, you or I to do.

Let's not forget we have the worst defence in the league, let the poor lad concentrate on correcting our defensive failures before we think he can be the next Jack Lester.

There are enough free agents out there alone of quality to improve this team alone, Habergham is a prime example of this. Let us just wait and see. PH has pulled off some real surprises over the years, If no movement has been by this coming Saturday then we should reassess the situation.

Lets not panic, panic buying and a lack of research got us into this situation in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 52
GY1
January 10, 2021, 7:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I don't get this 'put Pollock up top' thing. He's a centre half and coincidently our top-scorer on the basis that our forwards aren't doing what that they're paid probably more than you, you or I to do.

Let's not forget we have the worst defence in the league, let the poor lad concentrate on correcting our defensive failures before we think he can be the next Jack Lester.

There are enough free agents out there alone of quality to improve this team alone, Habergham is a prime example of this. Let us just wait and see. PH has pulled off some real surprises over the years, If no movement has been by this coming Saturday then we should reassess the situation.

Lets not panic, panic buying and a lack of research got us into this situation in the first place.

Tongue in cheek Wrawby, tongue in cheek.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
lee65
January 10, 2021, 8:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I’ll admit I missed the pun at first, but that says a lot about our forward line,  because my first thought wasn’t “nice joke”, rather, could be worth a try if you swapped Jackson for Gibson!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
arryarryarry
January 10, 2021, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

We can't put the future of our Football League status in jeopardy by keep signing players that haven't played for months. Morais looks a good player but can't last 90 minutes, Habergham nearly cost us a goal shortly after he came on then was completely fooked by their 3rd goal, way out of position and was never fit enough to catch the winger.

We need players who can play straight away and last a full game.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
diehardmariner
January 11, 2021, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Laughed too much at people taking the Pollock up front suggestion serious!  

Very nicely done OP!

Golly sums it up perfectly, we need to defend from the front and we need to get some goals.  Attacking options have to the priority.  We're poor in defence and midfield, we're absolutely abysmal in attack.

In all honesty I don't want to even consider going into the next game without some quality additions.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
devs
January 11, 2021, 12:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Jackson Pollock - pure class!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
devs
January 11, 2021, 12:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Macca
Hendrie - Hewitt - Pollock - Habergham
Morais - Spokes - Rose - Bennett
Gibson Jackson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
lee65
January 11, 2021, 4:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from devs
Macca
Hendrie - Hewitt - Pollock - Habergham
Morais - Spokes - Rose - Bennett
Gibson Jackson

totally agree with this if no new signings, with Wright to bring on after the hour mark?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe PH can't entice anyone to BP next week...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.