malkamalka
January 11, 2021, 7:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Can't pay them nothing. Gotta be NMW at least  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 11, 2021, 8:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from DB

I seem to think Shearer was employed by a brewery to play for Newcastle

As opposed to Michael Colin Newell, who was employed by Grimsby Town but stunk like a brewery
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
golfer
January 11, 2021, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If we paid the present players what they are worth we would have a lot left for recruiting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
goldenfish
January 11, 2021, 8:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from immariner
I'd go eight thousand, no nine thousand, no te-te-te-tell you what, it's nine and a half thousand pounds.

It is possible that picking numbers out of the air for bonuses is an angle Hurst hadn't thought of. Email it in, why not.

A-ha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
paul1717
January 11, 2021, 10:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Quoted from forza ivano

come back Filipe Noche , all is forgiven

I'm missing our eloquent poster filipe in these stressful times of a Monday evening when it's pi**ing down with rain.
I'm sure he will pop up soon purporting the moral excellence along with the values and principals of our chairman of the board.
Some times wonder why one would sink to that level doing a barrow job for an ex barrow boy.(now that's a story of our pontoon days of old).
Still, that's life and we should help each other get through this thing whatever it is....... geddit....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Incognito
January 12, 2021, 7:55am
Coke Drinker
Approval: +249
Quoted from DB
11 days into the new year and no new faces, excluding Habergham

So we haven't signed anyone apart from the player we have signed? Hurst has been here less than two weeks! Like he said, he could have made various signings by now, but he isn't rash in his approach, and wants to make sure they're the right signings, Remember our last manager and his recruitment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2021, 8:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Incognito

So we haven't signed anyone apart from the player we have signed? Hurst has been here less than two weeks! Like he said, he could have made various signings by now, but he isn't rash in his approach, and wants to make sure they're the right signings, Remember our last manager and his recruitment?

Yes but that was exciting wasn’t it? We signed more players than we scored goals.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Nutsy
January 12, 2021, 10:05am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5

Yes but that was exciting wasn’t it? We signed more players than we scored goals.

BUT

If we take into account the proposed IH potential factor of these players * by the number of players signed on loan or permanent that have been extremely poor + the number of decent additions / the number of flat caps sold = Premiership football in 4 seasons

You can really see what they had planned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
DB
January 12, 2021, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Incognito

I agree with you but it's called the January transfer window for a reason, it lasts 31 days. I don't want headless chickens no more than you or anybody else. We have a team of headless chickens that need replacing but I am sure it won't happen over night. What I would not want is a panic button pressed on the 30th Jan. Taylor didn't want to come and Hursty didn't give any reasons to be optimistic this week about new signing, when interviewed on RH after the Vale match.

As said by many we need 5/6 new players, I emphasise players and not headless chickens

Day 12 and nothing seems to be happening, any sightings or rumours?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Incognito
January 12, 2021, 6:43pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +249
Quoted from DB

I agree with you but it's called the January transfer window for a reason, it lasts 31 days. I don't want headless chickens no more than you or anybody else. We have a team of headless chickens that need replacing but I am sure it won't happen over night. What I would not want is a panic button pressed on the 30th Jan. Taylor didn't want to come and Hursty didn't give any reasons to be optimistic this week about new signing, when interviewed on RH after the Vale match.

As said by many we need 5/6 new players, I emphasise players and not headless chickens

Day 12 and nothing seems to be happening, any sightings or rumours?

But there has been rumours? It's Hurst though, you never normally hear about a signing until about 20 minutes before they're going to be announced as he keeps his cards close to his chest! Its a chain, the top teams will sign players, and then it will filter down to our leagues... Although, with you, Hurst is in a no win situation. He doesn't sign players and you'll moan he's not signing anyone. He signs players, and you'd say he's making rash changes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mercenaries Wanted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.