DB
January 12, 2021, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Incognito

But there has been rumours? It's Hurst though, you never normally hear about a signing until about 20 minutes before they're going to be announced as he keeps his cards close to his chest! Its a chain, the top teams will sign players, and then it will filter down to our leagues... Although, with you, Hurst is in a no win situation. He doesn't sign players and you'll moan he's not signing anyone. He signs players, and you'd say he's making rash changes.

As far as I'm concerned Hurst is in a win win position. He called this club what it is a "Mess" and I agree. As I've said it's no good replacing headless chickens with the same and we do need new players. My only concern is the lack info coming out of BP and no press info from other clubs. Lets not forget that the GY is part of the Reach group.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than Hursty to seen 2/3 or more tomorrow. What does concern me is 31st Jan. is coming and we some new blood

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2021, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

As far as I'm concerned Hurst is in a win win position. He called this club what it is a "Mess" and I agree. As I've said it's no good replacing headless chickens with the same and we do need new players. My only concern is the lack info coming out of BP and no press info from other clubs. Lets not forget that the GY is part of the Reach group.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than Hursty to seen 2/3 or more tomorrow. What does concern me is 31st Jan. is coming and we some new blood

Paul Hurst is acutely aware of what needs to be done. What worries me is who else is contributing to the decision making.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
RonMariner
January 12, 2021, 7:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
To be fair it seems he tried to sign Jack Taylor, who turned us down.

The problem is that we have four crucial games starting on Saturday, so bringing in players in late January means we miss a golden opportunity.

Maybe we wont have any new players in time for Saturday. Wright and Spokes should be fit enough to start. But it's hard to see them converting the team so shambolic last Saturday into a side beating a team in very good form at the moment.

Unfortunately, in the absence of at least a couple of new players, I think we are bottom on Saturday night. And every week we go without new faces will see us sink further and further into the mire.

The clock is running.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
DB
January 12, 2021, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner
To be fair it seems he tried to sign Jack Taylor, who turned us down.

The problem is that we have four crucial games starting on Saturday, so bringing in players in late January means we miss a golden opportunity.

Maybe we wont have any new players in time for Saturday. Wright and Spokes should be fit enough to start. But it's hard to see them converting the team so shambolic last Saturday into a side beating a team in very good form at the moment.

Unfortunately, in the absence of at least a couple of new players, I think we are bottom on Saturday night. And every week we go without new faces will see us sink further and further into the mire.

The clock is running.  

Totally agree. Scuny drawing and the torch batteries are dead at Harrogate

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mercenaries Wanted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.