5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
March 28, 2021, 2:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
We need to go for wins the problem being if we open up too much we look easy to play against and we've had a lot of our so called creative players injured.

Think the Bradford/Bolton games look hard esp, hope im wrong but think are best chance of survival has gone in last couple of months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
ROKERITE
March 28, 2021, 2:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from thefish
Salford have slipped up recently...

And consequently sacked Wellens and appointed Gary Bowyer this week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
mimma
March 28, 2021, 3:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Anyone else think that we play better against good teams because they set up to be positive? There's always coupon busters, where a bottom team beats a top team especially in the run in. Why can't it be us?

Got to go now, nursery has just come in with my medicine. 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
arryarryarry
March 28, 2021, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from lukeo
.Salford A  lose
Cheltenham H draw
Bradford A lose
Bolton H - draw
Morecambe H win
Oldham A 0draw
Exeter A lose
Port Vale H win
Cambridge A lose

9 points... Not enough for me

Sadly I think you are being a bit optimistic there.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
RonMariner
March 28, 2021, 8:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Bradford, Barrow and Port Vale all got a boost by changing manger, but sadly our new manager took fifteen games to chalk up his second win. The dropped points in February and March are what has made our task virtually impossible. If we could just have scraped a couple  more wins during that period, to give us between 4 and 6 extra points we would be in contention  now.

As it is, I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see us overtaking two of the teams ahead of us.

On that amazing day in 2016 I told myself as I left Wembley that we would surely not be stupid enough to ever risk dropping out of the league again.

But then I was forgetting who was running the club.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
DB
March 29, 2021, 7:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner
Bradford, Barrow and Port Vale all got a boost by changing manger, but sadly our new manager took fifteen games to chalk up his second win. The dropped points in February and March are what has made our task virtually impossible. If we could just have scraped a couple  more wins during that period, to give us between 4 and 6 extra points we would be in contention  now.

As it is, I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see us overtaking two of the teams ahead of us.

On that amazing day in 2016 I told myself as I left Wembley that we would surely not be stupid enough to ever risk dropping out of the league again.

But then I was forgetting who was running the club.      

And he still is. Watching us descend into the oblivion of the NL while cashing his cheque.

Nero watched as Rome burnt
and
Fenty watched as Town dropped

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Azimuth
March 29, 2021, 8:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
The run in has become irrelavent, we are doomed, the damage is done, dropping two points against Wallsall who themselves are in a very poor run was one of the final nails in the coffin, I would love to be proved wrong but fear we will play our last two games with relegation confirmed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Yoda
March 29, 2021, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Yes agree we haven’t got a chance now.

No goal scorer has cost us all season and it has never been addressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
oochiad
March 29, 2021, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Walsall was the final straw.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
ginnywings
March 29, 2021, 10:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I think it's been fated since the beginning of the season. Too many short sighted decisions and terrible recruitment means we never got going and once we dropped to the bottom of the league, we have never recovered. Hurst has steadied the ship but it's too little too late and our lack of a goal threat is going to see us in non league again.

The board that took us down last time, totally failed to address the problems that caused our last relegation, even when it nearly happened again and we escaped by the skin of our teeth. A terrible era in the clubs history is going to end as expected, with more failure.

We could be stuck down there for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our run in

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.