HerveJosse
April 11, 2021, 11:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from mimma
Please read my earlier post, from the Trust news letter.

In it there is a clear answer from the trust, two of whom sit on the board, and have been in contact with the consortium throughout discussions.

This is the bit that should clear up, once and for all, what it is you want to know about what is going to happen to Fenty and his shares.

["Once agreed 1878 Partners Ltd will immediately buy John Fenty’s shares and following that they will join the board with John stepping down at the same time. Jason will appointed Chairman for a fixed 3 year term."

Is it not clear enough for you?

Perfectly clear but the continuation of that situation is effectivelydependent on the contractual obligations to repay JF loans being met .
As an aside the first of the repayments is not now until 31 Dec 21 iso full repayment is 31 Dec 23
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
mimma
April 12, 2021, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
As it states, 178 Partners Ltd will immediately buy Fenty's shares, and they then take over, and Fenty steps down. No mention of loans, straight forward transaction to buy the shares.

Stop looking for something that isn't there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
pen penfras
April 12, 2021, 11:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from DB

So what you are saying is that JF has indirect control over the club if his loans are not repaid in accordance with his wishes/contractual agreement, and the answer to your OP is 3 years if all goes well.

1878 Partners is guaranteeing the loans to JF. So he has no control, however I'm sure there are terms that dictate how debts should be serviced to ensure they can't avoid paying those debts. Ultimately, 1878 or GTFC could not have the funds to repay the loans when they are due, however that would mean JS and AP have stumped up nearly a million to end up back at square one. They also state investment in the training facilities will be coming in the short term and I think they're gearing up for 100% ownership with what's happening.

Unless they have an absolutely torrid time in the first couple of years, I can't see how the debts don't get paid. JS and AP seem to be working in the best interest of the club and I think they will ultimately underwrite the loans if required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2021, 11:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Please read my earlier post, from the Trust news letter.

In it there is a clear answer from the trust, two of whom sit on the board, and have been in contact with the consortium throughout discussions.

This is the bit that should clear up, once and for all, what it is you want to know about what is going to happen to Fenty and his shares.

["Once agreed 1878 Partners Ltd will immediately buy John Fenty’s shares and following that they will join the board with John stepping down at the same time. Jason will appointed Chairman for a fixed 3 year term."

Is it not clear enough for you?

We all know what that says. But you have ignored the discussion in the previous posts about Fenty’s loans and what that might mean for his on-going involvement in the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2021, 11:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

1878 Partners is guaranteeing the loans to JF. So he has no control, however I'm sure there are terms that dictate how debts should be serviced to ensure they can't avoid paying those debts. Ultimately, 1878 or GTFC could not have the funds to repay the loans when they are due, however that would mean JS and AP have stumped up nearly a million to end up back at square one. They also state investment in the training facilities will be coming in the short term and I think they're gearing up for 100% ownership with what's happening.

Unless they have an absolutely torrid time in the first couple of years, I can't see how the debts don't get paid. JS and AP seem to be working in the best interest of the club and I think they will ultimately underwrite the loans if required.

Where does it say all that PP?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 12, 2021, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
I think you're all missing something here - Stockwood is a real fan, he knows what's gone on and what's going on. Therefore, I think it's safe to assume that he knows that ongoing involvement from the Principal Funder would be about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the supporters.

He also wants the fans on his side (he needs the fans on his side) as the club will need the income and the team getting the right sort of support as we transition through the next phase.

I suspect that he knows the Principal Funder's involvement would make his job a lot harder from Day 1.

I also suspect that the Principal Funder will have been offered a Vice President role (meaningless and powerless) or a seat for life to keep him sweet. You may not agree with that bit would be a sensible thing to do to keep the deal moving, keep Fenty sweet and stop him being a difficult presence always chipping away at the sidelines.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
pen penfras
April 12, 2021, 12:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Where does it say all that PP?

1878 Partners is guaranteeing the loans to JF. - this was mentioned in something released in the last week or so, can't remember where

I'm sure there are terms that dictate how debts should be serviced to ensure they can't avoid paying those debts. - My summation, but no way anybody has money due and allows it all to be spent to avoid the debts being repaid,

They also state investment in the training facilities will be coming in the short term - This is in the message to shareholders statement.

I think they're gearing up for 100% ownership with what's happening - My opinion based on how this is unfolding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2021, 12:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
I think you're all missing something here - Stockwood is a real fan, he knows what's gone on and what's going on. Therefore, I think it's safe to assume that he knows that ongoing involvement from the Principal Funder would be about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the supporters.

He also wants the fans on his side (he needs the fans on his side) as the club will need the income and the team getting the right sort of support as we transition through the next phase.

I suspect that he knows the Principal Funder's involvement would make his job a lot harder from Day 1.

I also suspect that the Principal Funder will have been offered a Vice President role (meaningless and powerless) or a seat for life to keep him sweet. You may not agree with that bit would be a sensible thing to do to keep the deal moving, keep Fenty sweet and stop him being a difficult presence always chipping away at the sidelines.

Would be crazy to offer fenty any position on the board meaningless or not . Get rid of him once and for all and ban him from bp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
jimgtfc
April 12, 2021, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,102
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Would be crazy to offer fenty any position on the board meaningless or not . Get rid of him once and for all and ban him from bp

Seen a few comments like this. Is this what people would want? Like seriously? I’m glad to see him detached from any involved in the club as much as anyone but I’d never want to stop him watching the club he’s supported as a kid, as a paying fan like the rest of us.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
ska face
April 12, 2021, 12:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from jimgtfc

Seen a few comments like this. Is this what people would want? Like seriously?

Yes.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will the deal really rid us of JF

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.