jamesgtfc
April 12, 2021, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It depends mrbump. Currently Fenty’s loans are secured against the assets of the company, so if the club defaults he gets BP. Wonder if the contract between him and 1878 covers this.

I think we are worrying too much. If Mr Kapikanya was a director of 1878 these concerns would be very valid but the business reputations of both men give me no reason for concern.

I'm sure the contract has been negotiated by both sets of legal teams to something that is mutually agreeable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2021, 3:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think we are worrying too much. If Mr Kapikanya was a director of 1878 these concerns would be very valid but the business reputations of both men give me no reason for concern.

I'm sure the contract has been negotiated by both sets of legal teams to something that is mutually agreeable.

You’re probably right. But just as we expect our leaders to do due diligence, I would want to do the same. And what may be mutually agreeable to the principals in the deal, that doesn’t mean it suits the interests of other stakeholders, ie fans and other shareholders.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
malkamalka
April 12, 2021, 3:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I wonder if Fenty will be surprised at just how much it costs to watch Town in the 21st century....

My (tongue in cheek) suggestion was to those who are, for some reason, trying to undermine the potential new owners!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
ginnywings
April 12, 2021, 4:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Davec

Why would we do that? We want the takeover to happen don't we. We want Fenty out

Don't think he is suggesting a vote against, rather than that is the alternative to voting for it, and nobody wants that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
FishOutOfWater
April 12, 2021, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from malkamalka

My (tongue in cheek) suggestion was to those who are, for some reason, trying to undermine the potential new owners!

My tongue in cheek response inferred that in all likelihood it has been a long time since "Principal Funder" bought and paid for a ticket to any of our games.....

Good luck to him too trying to get through to the ticket office by phone if we have a big game coming up, with waiting times of up to an hour..... or will the new owners maybe invest in a proper ticketing system?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 52
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2021, 5:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84

I get this completely but that's not Stockwood's style. He talks about working together, shared visions etc.

I am not having a go at you with this either - banning and 'never set foot in BP again' is petty, bitter and lacks class. It would reflect better on the new owners if they said 'JF is welcome at the club any time' knowing full well that we would make any visit to BP a miserable experience for him (although I suspect that he's so thick skinned that he wouldn't care).

Someone also said why should JF still be on the board after I suggested he might become vice pres - a vice pres position is not a board position, it's an honorary position with no voice on the board and no voting rights.

DO NOT see any of this as me being pro the Principal Funder.

Good post ... just pisses me off what he’s done to us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
TAGG
April 12, 2021, 5:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
With Fenty out of our club we can all breath again, buy our Season Tickets and at least hope for a brighter future.

What is done is done.
We can all unite and be the supporters we should be.

Give him his money and let him ride off into the sunset never to be seen again.

Thank intercourse he's gone.

UTM  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
denni266
April 12, 2021, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
I think all everyone want to know  yes  or  no to the question   not a full blown book on what may be the answer.. Why  because folk like me just want a simple answer so we know weather or not to spend money at GTFC ,,  Because there are a lot saying  if fenty has anything at all to do with the club not one penny will go there way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 12, 2021, 6:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Good post ... just pisses me off what he’s done to us

We'll get him back.....a vibrant and successful club with good owners who listen to the fans. Hopefully a new ground and a real future. It will be a huge kick in the balls to him.

At our first game in the new stadium all fans should turn towards Humberston at 3.20 and show him the finger.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2021, 6:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84

We'll get him back.....a vibrant and successful club with good owners who listen to the fans. Hopefully a new ground and a real future. It will be a huge kick in the balls to him.

At our first game in the new stadium all fans should turn towards Humberston at 3.20 and show him the finger.

Looking forward to that day Bob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will the deal really rid us of JF

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.