May 24, 2021, 2:59pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09jg5jm[/url]

Hendrie & Coke no news, due to speak to them today or tomorrow.

Not much chance of any of the loan players from last season coming back. Menayese only one he could see coming back but no offers.

Knows the players he wants that are currently under contract and who he doesn't want, hoping they make the right decisions.

A lot of players will be out of contract this closed season.

Double figures (Players) likely to come into the football club, basically brand new squad.

No new signings close, wont be held to ransom on any players and needs to work for both parties.

Will look at loans during the season due to different rules in the National League.

Offers on the table for Ben Grist from Premier League clubs but no done deals yet.

Expects other clubs to be heavily backed in the National League next season and will not be an easy league to get out of.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
cannylad68
May 24, 2021, 3:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Expects other clubs to be heavily backed in the National League next season and will not be an easy league to get out of.

Starting already with his negative approach.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
pizzzza
May 24, 2021, 3:47pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from cannylad68

Yeah, I was definitely expecting him to come out and say that we are going to urine this tinpot league.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
male private Nale
May 24, 2021, 3:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from cannylad68

Jesus I don't know why you bother with us, this is the most positive the club has been in decades and you roll out that tripe??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
ska face
May 24, 2021, 4:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
If the story of Jack Barlow has taught us anything, it’s CASH IN IMMEDIATELY when you’ve got a 15 year old worth a few quid.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Azimuth
May 24, 2021, 4:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah, I was definitely expecting him to come out and say that we are going to urine this tinpot league.

I would have liked to have heard him acknowledge its a tough league but to have given a positive message that we will put everything we possibly can into promotion, Hurst is naturally dour and comes across as negative, if anyone here has worked for a negative manager or been married to a negative person they will know it does rub off on those around them, positivity breeds positivity and that is a fact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
thefish
May 24, 2021, 4:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Azimuth

I would have liked to have heard him acknowledge its a tough league but to have given a positive message that we will put everything we possibly can into promotion, Hurst is naturally dour and comes across as negative, if anyone here has worked for a negative manager or been married to a negative person they will know it does rub off on those around them, positivity breeds positivity and that is a fact.

What he says to the media doesn't necessarily echo what he says on the training ground/ in the changing room.

Here is a quote from Pep today 'bigging up' Chelsea before the Champions League final: 'Chelsea create problems for all the teams, difficult to stop them. Their set up, wide in the sides and depth. They are so close the distances between players. They play really good in the pockets, in behind. Create problems for all teams not just us.'

I'm certain Pep is fairly positive with his team just before they go out; I'm also certain that Hurst is too.

PS- this is just a quick example... I'm not suggesting that Paul Hurst is the English Guardiola  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
DB
May 24, 2021, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Azimuth

Good job we've Jason and Andrew.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Zmariner
May 24, 2021, 5:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Azimuth

I loved the way that you have tagged a negative wife Into that comment,  Almost in a knowing sort of way, really made me smile. Comedy gold
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
Mikey_345
May 24, 2021, 5:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from cannylad68

Starting already with his negative approach

More a statement of fact though, isn’t it ......

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst Interview 24/05/2021

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.