Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All mouth and no trousers?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

All mouth and no trousers?

This thread currently has 23,142 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
August 7, 2021, 10:58am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We seem to have had a lot of words during the summer yet there seems to be a void in our squad for next season…AGAIN!

No doubt the new owners have the best intentions but with a few exceptions, I’m left wondering how we intend to win games without goals. Happy to be proved wrong.

Totally unfair this post. They have done so much in so little time. Do not under estimate what they have achieved in such a short space of time. The very foundations of this club need repairing and it’s a huge task!!

Bankrolling everything doesn’t guarantee anything!
Reply: 30 - 199
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2021, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah

Morais was binned. He hasn’t played since Bradford, won’t play again and is effectively no longer part of the squad. The only difference between him and Payne is that his contract ran until the end of this season.

I get that, personally at the time I think they should have both been terminated, from a HR perspective there was a strong case. From a football perspective I doubt anyone would have had the stones.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 199
jonnyboy82
August 7, 2021, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I agree and i don't.

We do seem to always go into every season without the striker we need, its become something that this club does which is frustrating, yes i get that every one is trying to sign a striker but we don't seem to learn that being light in that department always costs us early on.

Would be nice to be going in the season with more firepower up top especially with the injuries, i don't want to see makeshift players doing a job so they say just to make do.

The argument will be well everyone is trying to sign the same player my argument is well we need to learn from our mistakes pay a bit more if needs be as the past seasons prove we always are light up top.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 199
Zmariner
August 7, 2021, 11:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Would you accept Williams, Morais or Jackson starting if we did not have others in the building?

Absolutely, as they look better than we currently have available for selection. Hopefully Hurst will be quite pragmatic about this and if it comes to playing youth team striker or utilising players that have fallen out of favour pragmatism is the way for me
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 199
Zmariner
August 7, 2021, 11:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Everything has to be relaxed. The only thing that matters are the results in the league games and these have not started yet.
This level of football, the cup games do not matter, in fact I will not even bother going to them
Therefore in my mind no need to panic, if we get six games in and we have been lousy then Hurst will deserve a kicking but until that point no problem
Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 199
dapperz fun pub
August 7, 2021, 11:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from 1542

Totally unfair this post. They have done so much in so little time. Do not under estimate what they have achieved in such a short space of time. The very foundations of this club need repairing and it’s a huge task!!

Bankrolling everything doesn’t guarantee anything!

It doesn’t guarantee success agreed but Crawley fleetwood Luton speeded up the  process of leaving the dog and duck with a few bob thrown at it  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 199
SheepGTFC
August 7, 2021, 11:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
still 2 weeks to the start of the season and crying like a female dog about not having a full squad. Christ.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 199
aussiej
August 7, 2021, 11:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +111
Gold Stars: 17
If, and its a big if, most of the players in the squad were fit and ready for the start of the season i am pretty sure most people would be happy.. eg. Taylor or LJL up front supported by two wide players from Sousa, McAtee, Wright, Grant or Scannell...
The trouble is we arn"t going to start like that and will not have had the pre season to gel the players together because of those injuries...
Why have we had so many injuries?  Poor training, weak players, players with bad history of being injured or just bad luck...   Maybe its a bit of all of that...
Are the owners responsible for this? No.  Is the manager responsible? Maybe for some of it as he signed some of the known injury hit players...
What i do know is players need support and thats down to us...  What we have got will get better with our support so lets get out there and back our team, warts and all....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 199
buckstown
August 7, 2021, 12:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
Well if this is what we get on here because we haven't got a number 9 two weeks before the season starts, what happens when we lose a game?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 199
fishcake63
August 7, 2021, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Good strikers cost big bucks ask wrexham 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 199
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All mouth and no trousers?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.