Mariner Timsky
August 23, 2021, 11:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I agree. Something to raise with the Trust perhaps, we seem to be getting a raw deal. Southend at Kings Lynn wasn't moved to a 1 pm KO - they had 1600 fans there, similar journey time for them as from Gy, Moving a friendly to 1 pm with 200 Town fans going was just farcical. Halifax is now 12.30 I believe - and KO times shifting for police or TV will be nailed on for Chesterfield and Notts.

And this is the problem we have!

We cant just enjoy the away days anymore - we are governed by police rule and the fun is now lost

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
ska face
August 23, 2021, 11:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851

I agree. Something to raise with the Trust perhaps, we seem to be getting a raw deal. Southend at Kings Lynn wasn't moved to a 1 pm KO - they had 1600 fans there, similar journey time for them as from Gy, Moving a friendly to 1 pm with 200 Town fans going was just farcical. Halifax is now 12.30 I believe - and KO times shifting for police or TV will be nailed on for Chesterfield and Notts.

Think this was mentioned when the Stockport game was first rearranged, but I raised this with the Trust and received a helpful and appreciated reply from Dave Roberts, but it didn’t really fill me with a great deal of confidence for the rest of the season.

Was even more concerned yesterday listening to the DN35 Podcast with Debbie Cook who, when questioned about KO times being moved, said that police only request KO times are moved when “they have intelligence that tells them moving KO time is absolutely essential”. We all know what the police are like when it comes to football fans, and it worries me that the CEO is taking them at their word, or is under the impression that what is “essential” is making it more difficult for fans to attend games, rather than finding better or more efficient ways of policing.

Anyway, been done to death this and we’ll not get anything other than shat on this year.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 23, 2021, 11:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
The top 5 leagues are governed by tv channels and the police these days and the supporters don’t get a look in.

There must be a naivety where organisers must think that home fans only live 5 minutes away from the ground and away supporters don’t really travel that far and anyway, people only want to watch it on the tv.

Every year is the same, football supporters get treated as 2nd class citizens that can be pushed around without a moments thought given to those indirectly involved. Pub landlords, hotels, takeaways and even the clubs themselves lose out.

Fans book (and pay) for things like travel and accommodation well in advance because of the high cost and then run the risk of it being rearranged. Did the near fatal step of the European super league teach the decision makers that the supporters of football teams will only take so much

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
jamesgtfc
August 23, 2021, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Our early postponement has rammed home the issues we will face this season with Covid.

To get a refund on a Bromley ticket, you need to return it to the club which is inconvenient for a lot of people, especially exiles who maybe can't make a midweek fixture.

Personally I don't think we will be seeing fans in stadium all season but we will see I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
pontoonlew
August 23, 2021, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I’ll be going but it’s a crying shame others won’t be, the club should’ve never bent over at Stockports request
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
arryarryarry
August 23, 2021, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ska face

Yep, one that I was really looking forward to now I only know 1 person going (other than myself) and most have said they can’t be ársed with all the hassle & messing about.

Gonna be the same for Halifax, Chesterfield, Notts County too, with Wrexham, Altrincham, Solihull & Southend alread on Tuesday or Friday nights. Kings Lynn on Easter Monday also just about guaranteed to be moved to an early KO, or played on the moon.

The clowns running this league have absolutely zero regard for fans. We’d be taking a minimum of 1-1500 to each of those if they were played on a Saturday you’d imagine.

Two of the games already moved were agreed by the board and had nothing to do with the "clowns that run this League"
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
DB
August 23, 2021, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391

It's about time the club started to put our fans first, rather than the police or other clubs. The Chesterfield game was changed from 3.00 pm to 1.00 pm because Derbyshire police wanted it, WHY? Our full allocation of tickets was not sold so there would not be as many fans as expected.

There was also another major failing of the police, in so far as they failed to manage the traffic around Chesterfield on match day. Knowing a football match would be played you would assume that somebody at Derbyshire police HQ would have the brains to realise that there would be more cars on the road.

NO, they didn't, but put the start time back to 2.00 pm; so what was going to be wrong with the original kick-off time? Debbie and Co. should realise from this the police don't give a dam about Town fans and at best the actions of the police are suspect. She and the new board should put the interest of Town fans first. They tell us how important the fans are to the team, especially at away games, so the interests of the fans should be paramount in their decisions, after that of the team.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
jamesgtfc
August 23, 2021, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’ll be going but it’s a crying shame others won’t be, the club should’ve never bent over at Stockports request

We couldn't object to the kick off being moved as it was scheduled within 48 hours of their previous game due to TV. I think we could have proposed 19:45 on Monday night but would have caused problems for those wanting to get the train I presume or a decent nights sleep for work the next day.

So the attendance would be limited anyway and Hurst opted for the extra days rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
pontoonlew
August 23, 2021, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We couldn't object to the kick off being moved as it was scheduled within 48 hours of their previous game due to TV. I think we could have proposed 19:45 on Monday night but would have caused problems for those wanting to get the train I presume or a decent nights sleep for work the next day.

So the attendance would be limited anyway and Hurst opted for the extra days rest.

I’ve seen this ‘extra days rest’ excuse rolled out and it makes absolutely no sense given that we get less rest than our opponents the following Saturday

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
ska face
August 23, 2021, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from arryarryarry

Two of the games already moved were agreed by the board and had nothing to do with the "clowns that run this League"

The Bromley match was moved due to contractual obligations with the League’s TV partner.

The Stockport match was moved because another team’s contractual tv obligations meant they could take advantage of a rule put in place by the league where we had no option but to move a 7:45on ko, either Monday or Tuesday.

Both a result of procedures and agreements confected by this circus. Thanks for your input, mind.

I’m not too fussed over the Southend match, if they think they can get more fans in on a Friday then they’ve a right to ask the question.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport General Sale - 10am today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.