aldi_01
August 24, 2021, 7:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Mrbump53
Can recall a Chesterfield game where it was announced on the radio that 3 pubs had been closed due to the rioting by Grimsby fans. A few minutes later there was a post on twitter from the landlord of one of the said pubs saying that there was no trouble nor had there been any and accompanied with a photo to prove the point.

Also remember when we took a few thousand to Doncaster and when I was on the way out of the car park it was announced on the radio that there was a full scale riot going on in the car park !! There was no issues and the next announcement that there was a fight going on near the train station was also inaccurate as no Town fans were involved (confirmed later).

Intelligence being used is in some instances from nearly 40 years ago and there have been relatively few incidents since and the media are quick to report so called incidents when there aren't any and they have not checked the facts, but the mud sticks apparently from the 80's.

That Donnie game was carnage, might not have been a full scale riot in the car park but it was mental that night…

Let’s not forget our favourite safety officer has contributed less than accurate ‘intelligence’ to clubs and police over time…that doesn’t help either…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
bradzmilne
August 25, 2021, 11:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from bradzmilne
Slow start to sales which is a disappointment.

Can’t help but thinking after the unavoidable issues of Bromley and games being repeatedly moved for TV/police requests our away followings are going to take a hit.

Appears 950ish tickets sold.

Truly phenomenal.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 25, 2021, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
It’s a bit sh1t that there’s ‘bigger’ teams in the conference than there is in the league above. And this league can’t get their act together in the first weeks of the season so god knows how that’s going to pan out for the remainder. The ineptitude that they show is farcical, even laughable.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
aldi_01
August 25, 2021, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from bradzmilne

Appears 950ish tickets sold.

Truly phenomenal.

Didn’t realise we’d shifted that many…great numbers…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Son of Cod
August 25, 2021, 5:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Davec

have you looked at getting split tickets? I always look at split tickets and always save money

Yeah, I looked into that but they're not actually any cheaper than a standard off peak return for some reason. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Which site do you usually use?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
Davec
August 25, 2021, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, I looked into that but they're not actually any cheaper than a standard off peak return for some reason. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Which site do you usually use?

https://trainsplit.com/

That's what I use, I always seem to save money using Trainsplit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ginnywings
August 25, 2021, 7:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
If you travel regularly with someone else, then get a two together rail card. 1/3 off train fares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
LH
August 25, 2021, 7:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Davec

https://trainsplit.com/

That's what I use, I always seem to save money using Trainsplit

#ad
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
goldenfish
August 26, 2021, 5:55am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
‘ my train pal ‘ is a ticket splitting site too , I’m my experience , usually find them cheaper in advance on here than anywhere else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
wuffing
August 26, 2021, 7:31am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Son of Cod
There's a chance I might be able to get to this now so just looking at train tickets. An anytime return from London to Stockport is £369.40 leaving on the afternoon of the 31st hahahaha, obviously you can get that a lot cheaper if you go off peak or book specific trains but who the fuck do these train cunts think they are? Scandalous. £510 if you do that same journey first class. This is on Trainline.com.

Private enterprises!!!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport General Sale - 10am today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.