Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 18,201 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
August 28, 2021, 7:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +146
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from chipsandgravy

You have 16 red crosses and counting. Sure you can figure it out!

Of course yes 16 red crosses make me wrong on this kangaroo court of a forum.

Sousa has pace, however his decision making is poor so is his first touch  against better teams they will read him within the first ten minutes and nullify his threat relatively easily. He had lots of the ball against a poor poor team and didn't do enough with it. Max Wtight was point in case. Looked much more of a threat when he came on the other side.
Your turn
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 143
jonnyboy82
August 28, 2021, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Sousa looks out of his depth and will struggle against good teams. Set plays were awful. For the most part we were comfortable without being clinical. All in all we will need to play better but some positives to take. On we go.

Is this a joke?

The bloke literally ran himself into the ground, offering clever runs always wanted the ball.

Was one of the best players on the pitch.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 143
August 28, 2021, 7:56pm
Guest User
Well pretty much the entire main stand applauded Sousa when he was substituted, and I don’t think there’s a tougher audience in football, so he must have done something right.
Reply: 22 - 143
Hagrid
August 28, 2021, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Sousa has pace, however his decision making is poor so is his first touch  against better teams they will read him within the first ten minutes and nullify his threat relatively easily. He had lots of the ball against a poor poor team and didn't do enough with it. Max Wtight was point in case. Looked much more of a threat when he came on the other side.
Your turn

Very Harsh. Against Rotherham he was our standout player, i thought he worked very hard against 2 battling big Centre halves and we didnt utilise what he offers enough. Had a big chance first half which the keeper saved, but second half when we pushed him further wide and ball to feet, he was probing and put some good balls into the box
I really like him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 143
headingly_mariner

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Enjoyed that, thought it was telling that we created quite a lot and I felt entertained even though we were playing against a team that parked the bus.

We created some clear chances and should’ve scored more. Some interesting set piece routines as well. Tougher test on Tuesday, but it might suit us being attacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 143
It Bites
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

You're absolutely spot on . Both me and my son agreed Sousa was not great .far to one dimensional and his decision making was awful .  Ira jackson offered more imo
Your turn

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 143
LocalLadGTFC
August 28, 2021, 7:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,329
Gold Stars: 140
Someone summed it up perfectly after the game for me - Sousa will be equally frustrating as he is exciting, sort of player we've missed over the past few years that can beat a man with ease, if he was the finished article he wouldn't be playing for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 143
LocalLadGTFC
August 28, 2021, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,329
Gold Stars: 140
Also thought it was amazing to see most the players on the pitch after the game give there shirts to young fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 143
jamesgtfc
August 28, 2021, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
At times it felt like 2016 again. A squad we can identify with once more.

I did think those booing Akheem Rose were out of order though. Given the 3 for 2 offer we for on Jackson, Gibson and Sisay, he can feel hard done by to get released.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 143
Theimperialcoroner
August 28, 2021, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Also thought it was amazing to see most the players on the pitch after the game give there shirts to young fans.

Fenty would’ve had a coronary at that. Nice touch though.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.