Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 37,148 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 26, 2022, 4:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
If this run had been at the start of the season, would we STILL have PH in charge?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 26, 2022, 6:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
I see Hurst said something about the context of the defeat last night given Wrexham’s huge spending.

No one denying that, but the problem is we’ve lost 6 points from winning positions to Bromley, threw away 2 points at Maidenhead and lost at Aldershot, Solihull, Wealdstone, Dagenham & Halifax.

The dropped points previous meant a game where any points would have been a bonus became almost a must win to stem our slide away from the playoffs.

Saturday is huge. We should be winning that game easily. In fact we have 3 home games within 14 days that we should get 9 points from. Over to you Hursty.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 291 - 351
jonnyboy82
January 26, 2022, 7:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Serious question to the board here, when is our form and results bad enough for you to pull the trigger?

What's it gonna take? Us being 10 points off the playoffs with the season done? I mean the board seriously have to ask when is enough enough!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2022, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Serious question to the board here, when is our form and results bad enough for you to pull the trigger?

What's it gonna take? Us being 10 points off the playoffs with the season done? I mean the board seriously have to ask when is enough enough!

We’re building for the future and Paul meets the values they’ve set.

Not entirely sure how many we’ve signed already this season, must be over 20 now, and we seem to be getting worse not better.
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 351
pontoonlew
January 26, 2022, 8:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
I am absolutely astonished that there’s still people defending him. Even worse, I’ve read the article on him defending himself which is incredible.

They’re words of a man who knows his bosses won’t sack him, what a dangerous position that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 351
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pontoonlew
I am absolutely astonished that there’s still people defending him. Even worse, I’ve read the article on him defending himself which is incredible.

They’re words of a man who knows his bosses won’t sack him, what a dangerous position that is.

Whats he supposed to say when he’s asked that question? Yeah sack me….

I listened to his post match and i felt genuine sympathy for him. He sounded distraught, and didnt sound like a man who knows his bosses wont sack him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 351
Poojah
January 26, 2022, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from Hagrid

I listened to his post match and i felt genuine sympathy for him. He sounded distraught, and didnt sound like a man who knows his bosses wont sack him

On a personal level, he’s in a tight spot. I’m sure he’s made some decent money out of football management, but he’ll know that being sacked by Ipswich within weeks, sacked by Scunny within months and potentially sacked by Town following relegation and this horrendous run of form is some serious career Benjamin Button-ing.

If he is sacked by Town, be it now, next week or any time later this season, his managerial career is in tatters, and I’m not sure that’s somewhere he expected to be when he took the job on. There’s a very good chance his next job won’t be in football management, and probably means a big step down financially. Wealthier than most people he may be, but things are all relative, and these will be troubling times for the bloke.

I can’t defend the recent record, and last season’s relegation is equally less defensible in this new context, but from a human perspective I do feel for the bloke.

Maybe I’m just getting a bit woke in my old age…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 351
Swansea_Mariner
January 26, 2022, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
I'm going around and around on this tbh, I think after last night I'm inclined to give him a bit more time, honestly if we lose to Wealdstone I will probably feel differently again but I think there was enough there against one of the teams probably going up to give him a little longer.  

The run is completely unacceptable, no doubting that. Jeez I'm bloody conflicted on this one, usually I'm fairly black or white on whether I think a managers time is up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2022, 8:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

He creates his own problems by picking Coke and Lenny and leaving other more talented players out. Coke slows the play so much and we had two new midfield signings warming the bench last night.
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 351
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He creates his own problems by picking Coke and Lenny and leaving other more talented players out. Coke slows the play so much and we had two new midfield signings warming the bench last night.

Cmon mate lenny came on for 5 minutes.

Not trying to defend Paul, i was just saying for me it was hard to listen to a man who sounded very very upset
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.