Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 37,180 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 26, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Hagrid

Whats he supposed to say when he’s asked that question? Yeah sack me….

I listened to his post match and i felt genuine sympathy for him. He sounded distraught, and didnt sound like a man who knows his bosses wont sack him

He brought out all this nonsense about us being in a competitive league and having to remember where we are. Dover have scored more goals than us in the past 10 games and we're 19th in the form table over 12 games. If that's because 2-3 teams in this league are spending extraordinary amounts of money then we're here forever.

If he had any pride he'd walk away from this and save this getting toxic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 351
Jaws
January 26, 2022, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Really suprised by the away form. I was under the impression we were preparing better this year (overnight stays etc) but seem to be worse.

Problem with Hurst is he is too busy analysing opposition teams in that much detail that our team has no identity and is trying to play a different system, with a different team every week. We're trying to nullify other teams rather than playing to our strengths.

We're too concerned with not losing. In JT's interview last night he basically said he was trying to avoid going 2-0 down rather than going for the equaliser. Why play 20 minutes trying to keep the game limited to 1-0 before going for an equaliser? Basically says, there is no desire to win, just get a late equaliser and give them no time to get a 2nd but conversely give us no time for a 2nd goal either!

Despite the woes up front. Our defending seems to shambolic based on the goals we are conceding. The fact our manager, assistant manager, and first team coach are all defenders, I cannot understand why this hasn't been addressed. I don't think Pearson & Waterfall deserve to be scapegoats but I can't remember the last time either of them had a particularly good game from a defensive perspective.
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 351
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pontoonlew

He brought out all this nonsense about us being in a competitive league and having to remember where we are. Dover have scored more goals than us in the past 10 games and we're 19th in the form table over 12 games. If that's because 2-3 teams in this league are spending extraordinary amounts of money then we're here forever.

If he had any pride he'd walk away from this and save this getting toxic.

it is a competitive league
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I’m in a tiny minority clearly but I favour sticking with Hurst. I see us winning our next two home games, and getting results at Notts and Southend. A good points haul and we are right back in it. I’m not blinkered pro Hurst - when he left the first time for Shrews I was glad to see the back of him and sniffer, but I think he’s a better manager with a more likeable character now. I absolutely agree that results are unacceptable. Of course they are. I just think it would be better to stick together and back the team. If we persevere a little longer I think we’ll pick up and be right back in it.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 351
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 9:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
I’m in a tiny minority clearly but I favour sticking with Hurst. I see us winning our next two home games, and getting results at Notts and Southend. A good points haul and we are right back in it. I’m not blinkered pro Hurst - when he left the first time for Shrews I was glad to see the back of him and sniffer, but I think he’s a better manager with a more likeable character now. I absolutely agree that results are unacceptable. Of course they are. I just think it would be better to stick together and back the team. If we persevere a little longer I think we’ll pick up and be right back in it.  

i do hope so, as i dont see the Owners reliving Hurst of his duty, and i dont want to See BP and especially Meadow Lane become a cauldron of toxicity
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 351
supertown
January 26, 2022, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
We have actually played some decent football, with no end result. The 2 games against Halifax are an example. We are still in touching distance of the top 7 even with this poor run of results. I’m not giving up on the season yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 351
pontoonlew
January 26, 2022, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Hagrid

it is a competitive league

And apparently, we've got a competitive budget, so why aren't we competing with anybody we come up against?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 351
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

And apparently, we've got a competitive budget, so why aren't we competing with anybody we come up against?

as to that mate i dont know? considering we havent spent a fee on anyone bar Mcatee, maybe we arent competitive or we arent spending what we should be doing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 351
GhostDan
January 26, 2022, 9:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
The thing I'm struggling with most during this god awful run of results, is watching the way grown men conduct themselves online - it's flipping embarrassing.    These are the same people that spout the usual cliches like Players need  'pLaY 4 ThE sHiRt' - but anytime a player makes a mistake then are subject to horrendous & personal abuse online?  Pull yourselves together.

Whether you are 'Hurst in or out', at least have a level of respect for a man trying to do his job, he might not be perfect (and results certainly aren't) but at least he's trying, he's in front of the camera multiple times a week trying to explain his thoughts and decisions.  Most of the people spouting diatribe probably only get out from behind the computer screen when it's time to ask Mummy to wash their wanking sock. Morons.

UTM though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2022, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33

We’re not ruthless enough, possibly because we never got round to signing that elusive goal poacher, and we get on top of games without taking advantage. We could, possibly should, have been 3-0 up on Saturday before we let them back in it and the frustration is that less talented teams are beating us.

If what we’re told is correct, the money has been made available to PH. He’s had three windows to find a poacher. I think we’re more than good enough round the rest of the pitch but we’re still missing the same bit of the jigsaw.
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.