Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 146 Guests

Rearing it's ugly head again......

This thread currently has 8,275 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
February 7, 2022, 5:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
so town play well,get a great win away at a good team,so nothing too female dog and whine about!!!!!!! oh wait lets attack the fanbase again and again and again

red cross away,pathetic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
aldi_01
February 7, 2022, 5:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from newarkmariner
so town play well,get a great win away at a good team,so nothing too female dog and whine about!!!!!!! oh wait lets attack the fanbase again and again and again

red cross away,pathetic

We do have a tendency as a supporters group to do this. It’s like we have to find something to moan about.

Perhaps could realise that the reason there’s a spotlight is because happens so infrequently that it’s a shock when it does happen?

People point to the drinking element, people will point at a bloke running out the stand to hit players…they’ll use that as an example as to why people shouldn’t be able to drink in the stand yet at stadiums all over the world where people do drink, they don’t have that issue…confusing isn’t it. You’d also be pretty fair in your assumption to imagine that someone that way inclined has done it before, not necessarily at football but the local boozer etc…not really footballs fault.

In truth, you’ll always get folk who view the way some town fans behaved on Saturdays as the worst thing in the world, you’ll get others who don’t bat an eyelid.

Can anyone confirm if the smoke bomb was smuggled in as a tampon?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
newarkmariner
February 7, 2022, 5:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
i boarded the train at Newark and was chatting to notts fans on the platform who showed me 3 smoke bombs ,i joked that if that was town fans our forum would have a meltdown and a huge thread about how the easily offended have had there day ruined.they laughed and yet here we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
GollyGTFC
February 7, 2022, 6:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358

red cross away,pathetic

Is newarkmariner your username because you live in Newark or just a handy anagram?

Football is for everyone. A sizeable minority on Saturday showed a complete disregard for their fellow supporters on Saturday and caused noticeable distress to some younger fans and ruined their enjoyment.

No ones asking for anything unreasonable. Sit/stand in the seat you were allocated. Don’t bring smoke bombs/flairs to the game. Don’t drink so much that you are excessively drunk. Have a bit of awareness for the people around you- especially the young and old. Show the same level of respect to Notts County staff as we would expect the staff in our away end to be shown by fans visiting Blundell Park:

I’m old enough to remember how away fans used to be treated. The fact is if football continues on its current course those restrictive measures will come back for the clubs who fans cause the biggest issues.

If we play Notts next season everyone is going to moan when it’s a 1PM kick-off, when EMR make all their trains alcohol free, when the police are waiting for those fans at Nottingham station and don’t let them anywhere near a pub, when Notts County aren’t serving alcohol in the away end and when our allocation is restricted to 1,600 (80% of the seats) because some fans can’t just go to their allocated seat.

Football isn’t just about the result. It’s about it being an enjoyable overall experience. When it stops being that you end up with attendances like English football experienced in the 1980s.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 57
ska face
February 7, 2022, 7:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If we play Notts next season everyone is going to moan when it’s a 1PM kick-off, when EMR make all their trains alcohol free, when the police are waiting for those fans at Nottingham station and don’t let them anywhere near a pub, when Notts County aren’t serving alcohol in the away end and when our allocation is restricted to 1,600 (80% of the seats) because some fans can’t just go to their allocated seat.

Yes, and therein lies the issue.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
aldi_01
February 7, 2022, 7:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Why was there a whole chunk of seats not used but then a funny shaped segregation area….for a stand that only had us in it?

Many were just sold a ticket, no opportunity to choose a seat etc. Then, when you arrive you’ve got some stewards being sensible and just asking folk to stand near a seat and then others insisting people find their actual seat.

My biggest issue on Saturday was the lad who had clearly taken his girlfriend to her first game and 2 shandy’s in she just kept falling over…nearly broke my foot twice.

Does anyone know why Notts County moved away fans to the side? I’m assuming it’s space and so they can have a sizeable crowd behind the goal?

And still, all this discussion but the most embarrassing moment as a town fan this season was Dagenham away…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
GollyGTFC
February 7, 2022, 7:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face

Yes, and therein lies the issue.

The club bend over backwards to help fans sit together. If you contact the ticket office the club will link online STs so groups can book together even if they didn’t buy their STs on the same email address..

I can buy away tickets for my dad. He can buy away tickets for me. We can both buy away tickets for my son.

The club also allow fans to turn up with screenshots of their friends STs if they want to sit together but don’t have the means for one of them to pay for X amount of tickets online.

And aldi_01 is talking out of his bottom and trying to make out allocated seating is a new thing. It isn’t. It’s very simple, if your ticket has a seat on it you should expect to have to sit in that seat. If you sit elsewhere you can expect to be asked to move.

We all know when games have sold out and allocated seats have to be strictly adhered to.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 57
ska face
February 7, 2022, 7:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Not sure what part of that would justify making it a 1pm KO, banning alcohol on public transport and restricting people’s civil liberties?

We have this same boring conversation almost every week.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
Croxton
February 7, 2022, 9:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35

red cross away,pathetic

You are a big strong lad Newark and easily capable of looking after yourself. If you were part of a family group or fairly elderly or with a health condition then you would expect ground regulations, safety standards and fan behaviour to conform. The fact that ticketing arrangements, stewarding, Policing, and the conduct of a minority fell short, meant that it was a matter of pure chance whether it was a positive or negative experience. The vast majority of Towns fans, including myself, had a great day but with a little more consideration all round it could have been all fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
grimps
February 7, 2022, 9:26am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
I read an article a couple of weeks ago with a quote from the chief police officer saying football related incidents were on the rise and they had 800 arrests at games in England  last year .
I then went onto google the total number of fans attending football games during the season in England .
It was over 30 million 😳
Now I’d say that is a massive success to have 30 million people cause so little trouble in high intensity settings with alcohol ect thrown  in to the equation too .
That police officer should have been singing English fans praises rather than bemoaning the rise of arrests to presumably keep himself in his well funded none job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearing it's ugly head again......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.