3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
February 7, 2022, 12:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Agree about the pen thought it was pen at the time tho there not always given.. looking at highlights looks very soft..

Also thought Abraham wouldn't have reached ball hence the yellow..

Great save from there keeper to tip Cliftons shot onto the bar ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Theimperialcoroner
February 7, 2022, 1:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Was also good to score scruffy goals. We have not been doing that and we simply have do so along with the odd JMD and McAtee worldly chucked in.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
RichMariner
February 7, 2022, 2:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Did someone (a manager, or a report) credit their keeper for saving the penalty? It clearly hit the post. The County defender tries to let it spin out for a County throw-in, which obviously he wouldn't have done if the keeper had got a hand to it.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
FishOutOfWater
February 7, 2022, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mayaman
It was a soft penalty really but we have been denied plenty, so I will take - maybe our luck is changing. Silly foul on Abrahams - something we have given other teams in the last two seasons.  A chance to get the ball in the box and result in a goal.  Waterfall got up really well to beat his man.   Great team performance and you could see how it meant.    We're back!!

I was more or less in line with where the free kick was being taken from and you could see that it was destined for Waterfall's head if the delivery was good because he was the last player at the back practically unmarked

It just needed him to nod it back across goal and for someone to get in there for the second ball ahead of their defenders and he did just that

Efete did really well too to get his foot in and to steer it home.... he's proving to be a real fox in the box since he came back from injury

Made me laugh though that it was Waterfall and Abrahams who were first over to the Town section to get mobbed while Efete just seemed to saunter across to join in the manic celebrations

#ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 21
oochiad
February 7, 2022, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I noticed Amos going absolutely mental also! UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2022, 4:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
I don't think I have ever seen our players so fired up. Look at the reaction to the winning goal. They obviously felt they owed County one.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
fishcake63
February 7, 2022, 5:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
I don't think I have ever seen our players so fired up. Look at the reaction to the winning goal. They obviously felt they owed County one.

Honestly win lose or draw i think we have a squad of players that really care & that's not a given seeing some from the past, i do think hurst & doig are good at getting a tight knit group   , hoping we now go on a charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
February 7, 2022, 6:43pm
Guest User
We played some bloody good football in those highlights - against a side who defended well.

I hope I never live to see Town in black and white fronted shirts with an all white back. Why does it look so $hite?
Reply: 17 - 21
RonMariner
February 7, 2022, 7:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,843
Gold Stars: 227
Absolutely friggin loved it! And the Matchday Moments too.

If we could get 6 points from the next two games, which is certainly possible, we are back on the mix.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
KingstonMariner
February 7, 2022, 11:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 137
We played some bloody good football in those highlights - against a side who defended well.

I hope I never live to see Town in black and white fronted shirts with an all white back. Why does it look so $hite?

We had one virtually all white a few years ago.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.