3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
February 8, 2022, 3:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Hurst can't build a team overnight. But those celebrations on Saturday after the goals are really telling.

You sense that a 'group' is forming. Hopefully Hurst is backed now (and into the summer) to retain the nucleus of this squad. If we don't go up this season, or even fall short of the play-offs, I don't think it makes any sense to undo what has been gradually building for over a year now.

I accept Hurst had a fair crack at keeping us up and failed. It wasn't all on his shoulders, but survival was possible.

But all that is in the past now. We've hopefully hit rock bottom and are on the way up. It might not be at the pace everyone wants, but (I think) this is what the owners want; steady the ship, improve the infrastructure off the pitch and gradually improve on it.

No one wants us to play in the National League but I tell you what, the division doesn't matter when you have days like Saturday. In terms of atmosphere, quality of football, etc, it's hard to beat. The division, in the moment, becomes irrelevant.

Obviously reality hits home when the celebrations are over, and you sober up, but I'm more excited about our upcoming games this season than I ever was last season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
TwoLeftFeet
February 8, 2022, 3:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from RichMariner
Hurst can't build a team overnight. But those celebrations on Saturday after the goals are really telling.

You sense that a 'group' is forming. Hopefully Hurst is backed now (and into the summer) to retain the nucleus of this squad. If we don't go up this season, or even fall short of the play-offs, I don't think it makes any sense to undo what has been gradually building for over a year now.

I accept Hurst had a fair crack at keeping us up and failed. It wasn't all on his shoulders, but survival was possible.

But all that is in the past now. We've hopefully hit rock bottom and are on the way up. It might not be at the pace everyone wants, but (I think) this is what the owners want; steady the ship, improve the infrastructure off the pitch and gradually improve on it.

No one wants us to play in the National League but I tell you what, the division doesn't matter when you have days like Saturday. In terms of atmosphere, quality of football, etc, it's hard to beat. The division, in the moment, becomes irrelevant.

Obviously reality hits home when the celebrations are over, and you sober up, but I'm more excited about our upcoming games this season than I ever was last season.

Good post pretty much sums up my thoughts too.. was starting to have doubts over Hurst.. but a lot more positive now towards the rest of the season.

He always seems to build a good team spirit and I would trust him in transfer market over most of the managers we've had in recent past..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.