Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 159 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 9,007 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

In Wright and Scannell we have two wide players with end product. Whatever league we find ourselves in next season we need to get those players with a decent end product on the pitch a lot more often than we have done this season.

Scannell has been fit since before Christmas, Wright hasn’t. We can’t continue to pay someone who has barely been fit to start a game all season.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 13, 2022, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Scannell has been fit since before Christmas, Wright hasn’t. We can’t continue to pay someone who has barely been fit to start a game all season.

I never said Wright should stay. I said that any players we have with end product need to be playing more often. Basically our downfall this season has been those with end product have been out of the team for various reasons and it needs addressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
quebec38
March 13, 2022, 9:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Scannell thing is strange isn’t it. A lot of unfair criticism aimed at him from certain fans (definitely not all) about his inability to stay fit and his susceptibility to picking up injuries - like he would choose to do it on purpose? Now he’s only performed yesterday because his contract is nearing its end? Laughable stuff, it really is. Ever thought being fit and free from injury for a decent amount of time plus actually being given an opportunity might have something to do with it, guys?

I don’t know how things will turn out for Scannell any better than anyone else but I think it’s so unfair to pick on a player because their body suffers more than others’.

Really pleased he got a start yesterday and look at what he was able to produce. He might not have bags of pace but his technical ability and football brain is still there for all to see at NL level.

Not sure why Hurst stood by him in the summer when he could have chucked him aside with Rose and all the rest only to then wait so long to give him a proper go. He has had the odd few minutes from the bench lately but then there was still the spell where he got left out again after Hurst had told him he would struggle for game time. Anyway, that’s in the past now hopefully we will see more of this guy who despite his injuries and missing out on the squad has always been present and knocking around BP with a smile on his face.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
TheRealJohnLewis
March 13, 2022, 10:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from quebec38
Scannell thing is strange isn’t it. A lot of unfair criticism aimed at him from certain fans (definitely not all) about his inability to stay fit and his susceptibility to picking up injuries - like he would choose to do it on purpose? Now he’s only performed yesterday because his contract is nearing its end? Laughable stuff, it really is. Ever thought being fit and free from injury for a decent amount of time plus actually being given an opportunity might have something to do with it, guys?

I don’t know how things will turn out for Scannell any better than anyone else but I think it’s so unfair to pick on a player because their body suffers more than others’.

Really pleased he got a start yesterday and look at what he was able to produce. He might not have bags of pace but his technical ability and football brain is still there for all to see at NL level.

Not sure why Hurst stood by him in the summer when he could have chucked him aside with Rose and all the rest only to then wait so long to give him a proper go. He has had the odd few minutes from the bench lately but then there was still the spell where he got left out again after Hurst had told him he would struggle for game time. Anyway, that’s in the past now hopefully we will see more of this guy who despite his injuries and missing out on the squad has always been present and knocking around BP with a smile on his face.

They couldn't just chuck aside due to being under contract and from what I gather from what Hurst says Scannell and Grant are really good people to have around the ground, so even though they might not be getting the required amount of game time that they would like, they are still professional and positive role models to have around the club. Whereas Rose, seems to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist nutjob, and Hurst tried to get him out of the door as quick as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
fiveallive
March 13, 2022, 10:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
With all arguments regarding Wright, I would agree Max Wright has end product can put in a great cross for Magwire-Drew against Halifax so he does have end product just can't stay fit.

Scannel is a excellent player for National League he's played at high level so he does have talent and if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't be playing at this level. His contract is nearly up so if he stays fit I would keep playing him because he want to earn a new contract here or one closer to home.

Sousa tries hard lots of endeavour but crossing can be poor how many conference and league 2 players have we same about over recent years Makofo, Bolarinwa, Colbeck, etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Roast Em Bobby
March 13, 2022, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
If I was PH I'd say to Sousa "pretend the goal is another player that you've got to take on & beat" as he might have more success that way than shooting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
moosey_club
March 13, 2022, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Scannel has just scored his first goal and managed to stay on the pitch I think for the longest period of time .....in the two seasons he has been with us.

Yes grateful, hopefully he can be used to such effect to push us into and through the play offs.....but whatever the reasons two managers havnt picked him whilst he has been apparently "not injured".  

Use his services whilst we can and let him go. Same goes for any player that has been sat in the stands more than they have been available.  We need a strong fit squad, we cant carry 4/5 players that are only available for a slack handful of games each.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Scannel has just scored his first goal and managed to stay on the pitch I think for the longest period of time .....in the two seasons he has been with us.

Yes grateful, hopefully he can be used to such effect to push us into and through the play offs.....but whatever the reasons two managers havnt picked him whilst he has been apparently "not injured".  

Use his services whilst we can and let him go. Same goes for any player that has been sat in the stands more than they have been available.  We need a strong fit squad, we cant carry 4/5 players that are only available for a slack handful of games each.

He’s been available since December but the manager has picked Sousa instead. Not picking him isn’t carrying him.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
moosey_club
March 13, 2022, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He’s been available since December but the manager has picked Sousa instead. Not picking him isn’t carrying him.

Oh so we havnt been paying him for two seasons to warm the physio table, be an extra on the training videos and to warm the bench occasionally?  Sorry I must have made a mistake.

There is something we don't know about him but to be reportedly fit but never selected can't be coincidence when it's happened under two managers.

It's a harsh reality but him and Grant have taken up wages and returned next to nothing. If we were Wrexham  Stockport Chesterfield we could maybe carry a bigger squad were several players don't play or push the squad...but we aren't.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Oh so we havnt been paying him for two seasons to warm the physio table, be an extra on the training videos and to warm the bench occasionally?  Sorry I must have made a mistake.

There is something we don't know about him but to be reportedly fit but never selected can't be coincidence when it's happened under two managers.

It's a harsh reality but him and Grant have taken up wages and returned next to nothing. If we were Wrexham  Stockport Chesterfield we could maybe carry a bigger squad were several players don't play or push the squad...but we aren't.  

Look, I’m a massive Max Wright fan but Scannell has been in full training for 3 months and, for whatever reason, the manager has picked Sousa instead. Regards Max, he’s barely trained in the same timeframe.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.