Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 163 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 9,005 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
March 12, 2022, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Back home in Taunton.
Strange game and non atmosphere. Very quiet from both sets of fans. Felt we handled playing against the wind well first half, 1-0 up at half time, could have been 3. Thought we'd come out and really go at them second half with the wind behind us but instead we just played safe. Although they had alot more possession than us second half it felt like we was in control. Midfield and front 3 did ok. Scanns goal was brilliant but apart from that and one nutmeg infront of us in the away end he was fairly quiet. I'd like to see him and Sousa either side of Taylor with Mcatee behind.
2 cbs dominated all game, Waterfall especially. I think it was him did the fantastic goal line clearance near the end? He was my MOTM.
Fans were fairly quiet really but I guess its a long trip with intercourse all to do in and around Yeovil plus 2 away games either side.

3 points.
NO fresh injuries we assume.
Into the play offs.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
March 12, 2022, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from lukeo
Back home in Taunton.
Strange game and non atmosphere. Very quiet from both sets of fans. Felt we handled playing against the wind well first half, 1-0 up at half time, could have been 3. Thought we'd come out and really go at them second half with the wind behind us but instead we just played safe. Although they had alot more possession than us second half it felt like we was in control. Midfield and front 3 did ok. Scanns goal was brilliant but apart from that and one nutmeg infront of us in the away end he was fairly quiet. I'd like to see him and Sousa either side of Taylor with Mcatee behind.
2 cbs dominated all game, Waterfall especially. I think it was him did the fantastic goal line clearance near the end? He was my MOTM.
Fans were fairly quiet really but I guess its a long trip with intercourse all to do in and around Yeovil plus 2 away games either side.

3 points.
NO fresh injuries we assume.
Into the play offs.
UTM

Thanks for that, ill health still stops me from traveling to away games, sounded like we could have had a couple more as well as last ditch defending.👍
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
out of town
March 12, 2022, 6:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
The commentators said Scannell was brilliant, it certainly sounded like he was involved in a lot of our attacking play
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
Hagrid
March 12, 2022, 6:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from out of town
The commentators said Scannell was brilliant, it certainly sounded like he was involved in a lot of our attacking play

Indeed they did
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
lukeo
March 12, 2022, 6:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
There's definitely something there with him once he gets more games... fairly similar in the way Sousa plays but reckon he can and will offer more, especially strength.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
TheRealJohnLewis
March 12, 2022, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I thought Scannell was brilliant and would have been joint MoM along with Waterfall.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Wiley2405
March 12, 2022, 6:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Scannell has played a good level of football pretty much throughout his career and is only 31 so shouldn’t have lost much of his ability to be a very good player for us in the national league. Hopefully this is the start of a good run of games for us and he can be a real asset for the remainder of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2022, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from out of town

If all he does is give us some end product, it’ll be more than Sousa has done in the last few weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
pontoonlew
March 12, 2022, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Scannell has had pelters on here purely because he’s been injured, not his fault and I’m pleased to see he’s put in a good performance but not surprised. He’s rarely put in a bad performance for us, contrary to popular belief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2022, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Is scannell  the the missing piece of the jigsaw ?hes played at a much better level we know that ,,, I’m hoping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
Maringer
March 12, 2022, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
The problem is the lack of performances!

I wouldn't have a problem if he managed to stay fit until the end of the season and put in a run of really great performances, even if it only won him a contract elsewhere. We need to take anything we can get this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2022, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
We've seen it before, a player is suddenly fit and starts performing as their contract draws to a close.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
pontoonlew
March 12, 2022, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from jamesgtfc
We've seen it before, a player is suddenly fit and starts performing as their contract draws to a close.

How on earth can you accuse a player of starting to perform when his contracts up when he’s not played all season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 12, 2022, 8:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Hurst has acknowledged that Scannell has been fit for quite some time but for whatever reason has decided not to select him despite the fact that he has played at a level town can only dream about. Not saying he should have been a regular but certainly should have been given more opportunities to show what he’s capable of producing.

Find his non selection very odd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
fishcake63
March 12, 2022, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
just back at hotel after a couple of after match drinks , we certainly could & should have scored more today scannell was threat & he also has that end product can see he's played much higher , they certainly had there moments at times & only last ditch brilliant defending mainly by waterfall kept them off the score sheet , was talking to yeovil fan after match he was very impressed with both our cbs , smith was an able deputy for shaun who i'm told is carrying a slight knock , all in all an enjoyable day apart from the bloody wind following us from grimsby UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2022, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

How on earth can you accuse a player of starting to perform when his contracts up when he’s not played all season?

We don't know how he performs in training which may answer why he hasn't been selected much but have we or have we not seen players suddenly start putting performances in as they look to earn a contract here or elsewhere over the years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2022, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We don't know how he performs in training which may answer why he hasn't been selected much but have we or have we not seen players suddenly start putting performances in as they look to earn a contract here or elsewhere over the years?

The manager has to pick you before you can ‘suddenly start putting performances in’. Hurst has been a stubborn little fornicator for long enough, Sousa probably did enough in the first half of the season to justify his loyalty but his recent performances have not been enough to retain his place. Hardly Scannell’s fault.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Hagrid
March 12, 2022, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
Yeah well Hurst picked him today and he took his chsnce so lets not draw it into a debate of Hurst being stubborn or scannell not training well.

Can assure you he’s very popular and respected by his fellow players though and im pleased to see him start and score
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
fishcake63
March 12, 2022, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
if we can keep scannell fit it will massivly improve our top 7 chances , seen more than enough today to convince me of that , he has quality that belongs much higher
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
blundellpork
March 12, 2022, 9:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Scannell played well in his few performances last season, and has long been overdue a chance this season. As exciting as Sousa is, beating 3 or 4 players throughout a match usually results in a poor cross or a hopeless shot. It’s end product that matters, and he simply hadn’t provided it. I’m hoping that Scannell is permitted an extended run in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
lukeo
March 12, 2022, 9:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Can i just point out I was going to analyse everyone but I was so cold I needed a shower and forgot to remove the comment about Scannel in my original post... For me I'm very happy he's back in contention, he's the kind of player who'll get you excited, you wait until you see his twists and turns leading up to his goal. Brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
acko338
March 12, 2022, 9:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Not having seen him.play, but a respected away fan rates him, so that is as good as a new quality signing if he can stay fit and keep playing at a good level to the season end.

Could this perhaps be the missing quality player that could unlock stubborn defences and score an odd goal as well?

Hurst needs a surprise ace in the pack, so I hope Scannell can prove his worth at last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Heisenberg
March 12, 2022, 10:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,105
Gold Stars: 97
Can you imagine if Scannell turned out to be the magic sprinkling of pixie dust to get us promoted? He’d become a legend! How mad is that?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
Limerick Mariner
March 12, 2022, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Heisenberg
Can you imagine if Scannell turned out to be the magic sprinkling of pixie dust to get us promoted? He’d become a legend! How mad is that?

If he does, who would begrudge him that 3 year deal at Hartlepool that all our best players covet...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 12, 2022, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from acko338
Not having seen him.play, but a respected away fan rates him, so that is as good as a new quality signing if he can stay fit and keep playing at a good level to the season end.

Could this perhaps be the missing quality player that could unlock stubborn defences and score an odd goal as well?

Hurst needs a surprise ace in the pack, so I hope Scannell can prove his worth at last.

In Wright and Scannell we have two wide players with end product. Whatever league we find ourselves in next season we need to get those players with a decent end product on the pitch a lot more often than we have done this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
March 13, 2022, 6:43am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

In Wright and Scannell we have two wide players with end product. Whatever league we find ourselves in next season we need to get those players with a decent end product on the pitch a lot more often than we have done this season.

Wright???  You are kidding me, are you not aware of his problems?

Reply: 25 - 49
mariner91
March 13, 2022, 6:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614

Wright???  You are kidding me, are you not aware of his problems?

Did you not bother reading beyond the part you highlighted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
March 13, 2022, 6:49am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Did you not bother reading beyond the part you highlighted?

Of course I did, so what?  Wright will not get another contract at Grimsby, he can't keep fit, end of story.

Reply: 27 - 49
Davec
March 13, 2022, 7:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
If Scannell can stay fit between now and end of season and does well I wouldn't be against giving him a new contract, he's been fit for a while by all accounts he's just not been trusted enough. Hopefully this is the turning point for him in his town career
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
bradzmilne
March 13, 2022, 7:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
“If” Scannell can stay fit and put a run of games together … I wouldn’t back against us for promotion.

He really was that good yesterday.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Scannell has been fit since before Christmas, Wright hasn’t. We can’t continue to pay someone who has barely been fit to start a game all season.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 13, 2022, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Scannell has been fit since before Christmas, Wright hasn’t. We can’t continue to pay someone who has barely been fit to start a game all season.

I never said Wright should stay. I said that any players we have with end product need to be playing more often. Basically our downfall this season has been those with end product have been out of the team for various reasons and it needs addressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
quebec38
March 13, 2022, 9:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Scannell thing is strange isn’t it. A lot of unfair criticism aimed at him from certain fans (definitely not all) about his inability to stay fit and his susceptibility to picking up injuries - like he would choose to do it on purpose? Now he’s only performed yesterday because his contract is nearing its end? Laughable stuff, it really is. Ever thought being fit and free from injury for a decent amount of time plus actually being given an opportunity might have something to do with it, guys?

I don’t know how things will turn out for Scannell any better than anyone else but I think it’s so unfair to pick on a player because their body suffers more than others’.

Really pleased he got a start yesterday and look at what he was able to produce. He might not have bags of pace but his technical ability and football brain is still there for all to see at NL level.

Not sure why Hurst stood by him in the summer when he could have chucked him aside with Rose and all the rest only to then wait so long to give him a proper go. He has had the odd few minutes from the bench lately but then there was still the spell where he got left out again after Hurst had told him he would struggle for game time. Anyway, that’s in the past now hopefully we will see more of this guy who despite his injuries and missing out on the squad has always been present and knocking around BP with a smile on his face.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
TheRealJohnLewis
March 13, 2022, 10:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from quebec38
Scannell thing is strange isn’t it. A lot of unfair criticism aimed at him from certain fans (definitely not all) about his inability to stay fit and his susceptibility to picking up injuries - like he would choose to do it on purpose? Now he’s only performed yesterday because his contract is nearing its end? Laughable stuff, it really is. Ever thought being fit and free from injury for a decent amount of time plus actually being given an opportunity might have something to do with it, guys?

I don’t know how things will turn out for Scannell any better than anyone else but I think it’s so unfair to pick on a player because their body suffers more than others’.

Really pleased he got a start yesterday and look at what he was able to produce. He might not have bags of pace but his technical ability and football brain is still there for all to see at NL level.

Not sure why Hurst stood by him in the summer when he could have chucked him aside with Rose and all the rest only to then wait so long to give him a proper go. He has had the odd few minutes from the bench lately but then there was still the spell where he got left out again after Hurst had told him he would struggle for game time. Anyway, that’s in the past now hopefully we will see more of this guy who despite his injuries and missing out on the squad has always been present and knocking around BP with a smile on his face.

They couldn't just chuck aside due to being under contract and from what I gather from what Hurst says Scannell and Grant are really good people to have around the ground, so even though they might not be getting the required amount of game time that they would like, they are still professional and positive role models to have around the club. Whereas Rose, seems to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist nutjob, and Hurst tried to get him out of the door as quick as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
fiveallive
March 13, 2022, 10:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
With all arguments regarding Wright, I would agree Max Wright has end product can put in a great cross for Magwire-Drew against Halifax so he does have end product just can't stay fit.

Scannel is a excellent player for National League he's played at high level so he does have talent and if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't be playing at this level. His contract is nearly up so if he stays fit I would keep playing him because he want to earn a new contract here or one closer to home.

Sousa tries hard lots of endeavour but crossing can be poor how many conference and league 2 players have we same about over recent years Makofo, Bolarinwa, Colbeck, etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Roast Em Bobby
March 13, 2022, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
If I was PH I'd say to Sousa "pretend the goal is another player that you've got to take on & beat" as he might have more success that way than shooting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
moosey_club
March 13, 2022, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Scannel has just scored his first goal and managed to stay on the pitch I think for the longest period of time .....in the two seasons he has been with us.

Yes grateful, hopefully he can be used to such effect to push us into and through the play offs.....but whatever the reasons two managers havnt picked him whilst he has been apparently "not injured".  

Use his services whilst we can and let him go. Same goes for any player that has been sat in the stands more than they have been available.  We need a strong fit squad, we cant carry 4/5 players that are only available for a slack handful of games each.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Scannel has just scored his first goal and managed to stay on the pitch I think for the longest period of time .....in the two seasons he has been with us.

Yes grateful, hopefully he can be used to such effect to push us into and through the play offs.....but whatever the reasons two managers havnt picked him whilst he has been apparently "not injured".  

Use his services whilst we can and let him go. Same goes for any player that has been sat in the stands more than they have been available.  We need a strong fit squad, we cant carry 4/5 players that are only available for a slack handful of games each.

He’s been available since December but the manager has picked Sousa instead. Not picking him isn’t carrying him.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
moosey_club
March 13, 2022, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He’s been available since December but the manager has picked Sousa instead. Not picking him isn’t carrying him.

Oh so we havnt been paying him for two seasons to warm the physio table, be an extra on the training videos and to warm the bench occasionally?  Sorry I must have made a mistake.

There is something we don't know about him but to be reportedly fit but never selected can't be coincidence when it's happened under two managers.

It's a harsh reality but him and Grant have taken up wages and returned next to nothing. If we were Wrexham  Stockport Chesterfield we could maybe carry a bigger squad were several players don't play or push the squad...but we aren't.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Oh so we havnt been paying him for two seasons to warm the physio table, be an extra on the training videos and to warm the bench occasionally?  Sorry I must have made a mistake.

There is something we don't know about him but to be reportedly fit but never selected can't be coincidence when it's happened under two managers.

It's a harsh reality but him and Grant have taken up wages and returned next to nothing. If we were Wrexham  Stockport Chesterfield we could maybe carry a bigger squad were several players don't play or push the squad...but we aren't.  

Look, I’m a massive Max Wright fan but Scannell has been in full training for 3 months and, for whatever reason, the manager has picked Sousa instead. Regards Max, he’s barely trained in the same timeframe.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
Bigdog
March 13, 2022, 9:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club

Or you could just give Scannell credit for getting his head down, overcoming two serious injuries, playing well and getting a crucial goal on his first start for months. If he stays injury free and plays well til the end of the season it would be ludicrous to let him go unless there's an underlying problem, Maybe he's had his fair share of bad luck and we could get a couple more seasons out of him? It takes a lot of guts to go through what he's been through. You make it sound like he's been sat on his behind counting the contents of his wallet rather than turning up every day fighting to get his full fitness back and through the fear that it could have been career ending. Give the guy a break for god sake, speaks volumes that he's a popular character amongst the playing squad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Rodley Mariner
March 13, 2022, 9:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Ludicrous to let someone go who has averaged a dozen games a season for the last 5? He clearly has loads of ability and a great pedigree but I'd be amazed if he gets another deal with us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 13, 2022, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Ludicrous to let someone go who has averaged a dozen games a season for the last 5? He clearly has loads of ability and a great pedigree but I'd be amazed if he gets another deal with us.

Or, it would be ludicrous to let someone with huge ability go after we’ve spent heavily on getting him back to fitness? Rhetorical question.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
moosey_club
March 13, 2022, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I am just old fashioned,  I like the footballers signed for my team  to actually play football for the team.

Scannel has a record that is akin to Glen Downey.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 13, 2022, 11:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or, it would be ludicrous to let someone with huge ability go after we’ve spent heavily on getting him back to fitness? Rhetorical question.

If he fires us to promotion and contributes well between now and May then great but he's offered virtually nothing until now. I don't dispute that he has ability and the fact he wasn't bombed out with Danny Rose suggests his attitude isn't a problem either but for me, he has to go in the summer because a lack of game time is why he ended up here in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
aldi_01
March 14, 2022, 6:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Credit where it’s due, it was a decent finish and by all accounts he played well. Overall, he is better than Sousa but he’s also offered very little through injury and whatever else. Could be a combination of things (May be he doesn’t like the CEO and he’s written some letters) but he did play Saturday and he did have a positive impact.

Hopefully he can do it again between now and May/June.

One thing I did notice was that every single player except the keeper congratulated him, now I know this happened under Hurst last time but you’d imagine if he was a bit of a girl private they wouldn’t all get involved…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
jamesgtfc
March 14, 2022, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Dear Pen,

I asked that new CEO to put the kettle on like Ian used to but she refused because she was doing other stuff like sweeping all those unique smells away with a broom.

The bantz was so much better under your mate John. I used to love coming into training and playing with them Gilbert balls. It was absolutely hilarious watching that lot trying to kick a spherical one on a Saturday afternoon though.

It's such a shame Grimsby isn't the joke of a club it was under your mate John. Getting caught trying to accept his criminal mates investment caused many laughs over a game of darts and now we're stuck playing table tennis discussing boring things like all the new equipment we have at Cheapside, the new state of the art portakabin and the videos of our next opponents from an analyst! I thought I'd left that behind when I came here because when did an analyst get you 3 points on a Saturday?

Miss you John

Scannzzzzz
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
forza ivano
March 14, 2022, 2:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from moosey_club

i was told a few months ago, when he first became fit, that there was a financial reason which hampered his selection. Didn't quite understand what it was all about, so can only surmise that he must be on some massive pay per play deal (and when you consider he was an emergency signing during Holloway's nutty period, it might make sense)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
coddy60
March 14, 2022, 2:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from forza ivano

i was told a few months ago, when he first became fit, that there was a financial reason which hampered his selection. Didn't quite understand what it was all about, so can only surmise that he must be on some massive pay per play deal (and when you consider he was an emergency signing during Holloway's nutty period, it might make sense)

He wasn't an emergency signing though, he actually played a trial, and was absolutely outstanding in it, I was there. Thing is William's looked like Messi in that match as well!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
moosey_club
March 14, 2022, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I did think about that as a possibility, or potentially a trigger clause but as he has hardly played at all then it can't be the latter.
Given his injury record and pedigree then an expensive pay as you play might make sense.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.