6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 6, 2022, 12:32pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RobDef1

I would much rather face Stockport in the play-offs than Wrexham. For the simple reason that if Stockport manage to bottle the league from this point, then they're going to be down on confidence heading into the play-offs. Where as Wrexham are going to be going for it like hell so if they don't manage to snatch the league then they will be surely heading into the play-offs in formidable form anyway.

Stockport rather than Wrexham for me, although I cant see it happening. Regardless, some fantastic results for town last night and feeling very confident that we may see town play at Wembley in the not-too-distant future.

Have you seen Stockport's run in though. As well as having to come here they have Solihull Moors, Boreham Wood and Halifax at home as well as having to go to Chesterfield and Wrexham!

If they do win the league with that run-in then they deserve it.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Bristol Mariner
April 6, 2022, 1:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Wrexham to get automatic promotion

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
Poojah
April 6, 2022, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Wrexham to get automatic promotion

They need three wins more than Stockport from their respective final 9 games. I still think that’s a long shot personally, but stranger things have happened in football.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
RichMariner
April 6, 2022, 2:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Very surprised that some of you would rather face Stockport than Wrexham in the playoffs.

I know Wrexham just beat Stockport in the FA Trophy and maybe that's swayed the thinking, but going into that game Stockport had won 20 of their previous 21 games. That's insane!

Also, we beat Wrexham at BP earlier in the season. Appreciate there have been changes in both teams since then but, psychologically at least, I doubt Wrexham are keen to play us (given that they only edged a tight game at their place).

And Wrexham conceded five to Dover. Fine, they're hitting the back of the net a lot now, but up until hitting a couple of sixes their goalscoring form, particularly at home, was woeful for a side pushing for promotion.

In terms of the Stockport game, I think it'll be a case of first goal wins. If they score first and get their noses in front, I don't think they'll throw it away from there. Winning is a habit and they've been on one hell of a winning streak.

If we can score first in that game, it'll force them to play a little differently and maybe ask a few questions they haven't had to answer for a long time. I do genuinely think it's a winnable game for us.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Theimperialcoroner
April 6, 2022, 2:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
We should have come away from Edgeley Park with 3 points though but a urine weak referee decided against that.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
Poojah
April 6, 2022, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
We should have come away from Edgeley Park with 3 points though but a urine weak referee decided against that.

Stockport under Rusk were a different beast to how they’ve been since appointing Dave Challinor, much like Wrexham pose a bigger threat since spunking another half a million quid in January.

Personally, I’d rather not face either of them but if you make it to the play-off final there’s a 75% chance you will. Play-off games are funny affairs anyway and notoriously hard to call - it’s easy to overthink things at this stage.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Mayaman
April 7, 2022, 8:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Not that long ago we would have been happy facing anyone in the play-offs as it wasn't looking likely that we'd get there. Roller Coaster season or what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
TownSNAFU5
April 10, 2022, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I see that 2 ex-Town players both scored vital winners for their clubs in the 89th minute yesterday.

Podge scored the only goal for Exeter at Carlisle.  They should go up automatically now,

Elliot Embleton scored a late winner for Sunderland at close rivals Oxford.  Sunderland now in a playoff position.

Barrow, Oldham and Stevenage now all on 27 points.  All trying desperately not to go down with Scunny.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
AdamHaddock
April 10, 2022, 12:47pm

Main Stander
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Come on Barrow and Oldham

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Les Brechin
April 10, 2022, 3:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
It could really be a "Good" Friday!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight's games / scores

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.