MuddyWaters
April 20, 2022, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Think I'll leave the decision to the manager.

Give over. Let The Fishy have a bit of fun, we don’t get the chance to influence the new board like we did the old one 😂😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
jamesgtfc
April 20, 2022, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Give over. Let The Fishy have a bit of fun, we don’t get the chance to influence the new board like we did the old one 😂😂😂

You say that but we were moaning about the red seats a few days ago and suddenly they are available for Saturday.

Who is the new GetYourFactsRight?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
ginnywings
April 20, 2022, 8:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ok, I'll play.

I like Scannell; he's a cut above this level when given the chance, but whether he's value for money, only Hurst really knows the answer to that.

If we keep him, then great- if not, I won't lose any sleep over it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
jonnyboy82
April 20, 2022, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Imo keep scannell and sousa next season if possible.

As for max Wright he's a town lad but we can't let sentiment rule over what's good for the club here unless we can agree some kind of pay as you play or a very small contract it's time he moved on unfortunately.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 123
MarinerDevil
April 20, 2022, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,802
Gold Stars: 80
I think Scannell will be offered a new contract but with reduced terms, as his current contract was signed in League 2 and he is a risky investment.  If he can get a better contract elsewhere then we shouldn't move heaven and earth to keep him.  Both he and Sousa have good qualities for this level, but their shortcomings may require us to find better if we're to improve.

I believe the wage cap of £900k is still in place for next season so we'll have to be very financially efficient (if we're a National League club, of course).  All of our L2 contracts (McKeown, Rose, Scannell, Coke) expire in June so we should have a more balanced wage structure, potentially leaving room to persist with one or two of our rough but talented wingers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
Poojah
April 20, 2022, 10:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from MarinerDevil
I think Scannell will be offered a new contract but with reduced terms, as his current contract was signed in League 2 and he is a risky investment.

Any competent board would have inserted relegation clauses into any contract signed by…

…oh…oh, I see…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
jamesgtfc
April 20, 2022, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

Any competent board would have inserted relegation clauses into any contract signed by…

…oh…oh, I see…

We should also insert conspiracy clauses in the future so we don't get burdened with lunatics like Danny Rose for 2 years. We were told how all contracts had Covid clauses put in them so I'd like to think we had relegation clauses but I still imagine a relegation clause activated deal in the National League is still a very good wage for this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
livosnose
April 20, 2022, 11:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,179
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MarinerDevil
I think Scannell will be offered a new contract but with reduced terms, as his current contract was signed in League 2 and he is a risky investment.  If he can get a better contract elsewhere then we shouldn't move heaven and earth to keep him.  Both he and Sousa have good qualities for this level, but their shortcomings may require us to find better if we're to improve.

I believe the wage cap of £900k is still in place for next season so we'll have to be very financially efficient (if we're a National League club, of course).  All of our L2 contracts (McKeown, Rose, Scannell, Coke) expire in June so we should have a more balanced wage structure, potentially leaving room to persist with one or two of our rough but talented wingers.

Coke re- signed last summer so is on a national league contract

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
livosnose
April 20, 2022, 11:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,179
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There's a reason why Sousa was last at Darlington and why Scannell has played in the Prem.

He’s got Huddersfield to the prem but never played in the prem even for Palace .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
Stew0_0
April 21, 2022, 12:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 35
Can someone please tell me what Scannell gives to the team instead of Sousa?
On Monday Sean got on the ball, ran at their defence with little pace and lost position. He then put the ball well wide from a position where he had the keeper to beat. He seems to be a player who for a wide man has not a great deal of pace and stamina for the modern game. In Sousa at least he offers trickery, pace and an unpredictable nature if only his final ball and goals return was better.
In short I wouldn't consider Scannell for a new contract nor a regular spot in the team moving forward. However Hurst sees something in him and Sousa seems frozen out atm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scannell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.