5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
April 25, 2022, 6:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I see the government has said it wants to trial drinking in sight of the pitch in the lower leagues. Unfortunately it comes with the caveat that it would be subject to police approval. We all know what the reaction of our modern day Gestapo would be to this proposal. It's a shame, being old enough to have enjoyed a drink during the game I think it enhances the match day experience. I remember some clubs even had bars at the back of the stands.
Logged Online
Private Message
GYinScuntland
April 25, 2022, 6:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
It causes no problems in Germany and other countries where they even have sellers walking through the stands dispensing beer from large tanks on their backs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
pizzzza
April 25, 2022, 6:29pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Never understood this "no drinking in sight of the pitch" thing. The pitch cannot see you...
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
blundellpork
April 25, 2022, 6:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Can’t say I’d fancy what happens in Fan Zones being replicated in the stands- we score and suddenly people throw their beers in the air, and soak people nearby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
ska face
April 25, 2022, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from blundellpork
Can’t say I’d fancy what happens in Fan Zones being replicated in the stands- we score and suddenly people throw their beers in the air, and soak people nearby.

The kind of people you get in fanzones - the NYE drinkers of the football world - aren’t generally the people you get in the stands. Nobody’ll be chucking beer all over the seats for the same reason you don’t get covered in bovril, tea or hot chocolate every time there’s a goal.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
headingly_mariner
April 25, 2022, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Stops people rushing to smash the pints in and rushing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
ginnywings
April 25, 2022, 7:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I don't particularly want to sit drinking beer while watching a football match, but we absolutely should have the option to do so.

Having been to many a cricket match and watched people get mullered on overpriced lager, I can't ever recall any trouble because of it and I would guess that a large proportion of fans who go to a test match also watch football. Everyone in the group I've been to cricket with, also go regularly to watch Town and other teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
aldi_01
April 25, 2022, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest, I’ve been burnt twice at football through a steaming bovril, a Luke warm ale seems a better option.

To be fair, having seen football in many a country, it’s not an issue, even when twice as many folk were allowed in the stand at Verona, until the winning goal in the playoffs, j didn’t get any ale on me.

It should absolutely be allowed and then it’s up to the individual. Stops people caning it before and at half time too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Mariner Ronnie
April 25, 2022, 7:08pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
A yes from me, obviously only in certain in stands not family stands.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
thefish
April 25, 2022, 7:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from aldi_01
To be honest, I’ve been burnt twice at football through a steaming bovril, a Luke warm ale seems a better option.

To be fair, having seen football in many a country, it’s not an issue, even when twice as many folk were allowed in the stand at Verona, until the winning goal in the playoffs, j didn’t get any ale on me.

It should absolutely be allowed and then it’s up to the individual. Stops people caning it before and at half time too…

It wouldn’t stop me 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drinking in stands

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.