6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
May 8, 2022, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Bloody hell listening to you guys we might as well tell the league we’ll give our playoff place to someone else as we have no chance at all……It’s a lottery, anything can happen, we still have plenty of talent and I don’t believe that Mcatee will only be half fit….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 8, 2022, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from oochiad
Bloody hell listening to you guys we might as well tell the league we’ll give our playoff place to someone else as we have no chance at all……It’s a lottery, anything can happen, we still have plenty of talent and I don’t believe that Mcatee will only be half fit….

I see that you have posted 1600 or so times but your comment suggests that you may be new here. Or you are one of those people who supports Town but is not actually from Grimsby and therefore have never truly achieved (or understood) the Olympic levels of pessimism that are part and parcel of Grimsbyness.

You will only truly master the zen of this when you are stood in the Town end at The London Stadium in late May, Town are leading 3-0 with 4 minutes to go and Wrexham have just had their third defender sent off. If you think 'I'd take the draw now' you are truly home.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
GrimPol
May 8, 2022, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’d like to be a bit less blasé about an injury to possibly our most talented player. All season we’ve been going on about Max getting fitter, and without being disrespectful, he’s nothing like at the same level as Scanz. I hope he gets properly looked after and that yesterday wasn’t his last game as a pro footballer.

There is no doubt he's a class act, but there is a reason he's playing in Tier5 dropping from Tier2. He spends too much time in the clinic.
If he could go through a season clear, the fact is he wouldn't be playing for us. That's how it works at our level.
PH must have "gambled" on a few good games from him. Has it paid off, each to their own opinion?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
oochiad
May 8, 2022, 7:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28

I see that you have posted 1600 or so times but your comment suggests that you may be new here. Or you are one of those people who supports Town but is not actually from Grimsby and therefore have never truly achieved (or understood) the Olympic levels of pessimism that are part and parcel of Grimsbyness.

You will only truly master the zen of this when you are stood in the Town end at The London Stadium in late May, Town are leading 3-0 with 4 minutes to go and Wrexham have just had their third defender sent off. If you think 'I'd take the draw now' you are truly home.

Ha ha ha! I like it! I try to be optimistic but I agree it’s bloody hard at times!😂🤣😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
arryarryarry
May 8, 2022, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm sure he didn't but he seems to be prone to injury.
Being hard-nosed about it his playing days came to a stutter in 2017-18 when he was on loan to Burton. It's all fits and starts since, and his time at GTFC is just a continuance. Not sure how many games he's played for us, but I guess 25% of possible?
Shame but there it is.

I think he has started 11 games in two seasons.

Considering his appearances over the past 5 or 6 years It would be utter madness to sign him next season especially as I would think he is one of the highest paid players.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 8, 2022, 7:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think he has started 11 games in two seasons.

Considering his appearances over the past 5 or 6 years It would be utter madness to sign him next season especially as I would think he is one of the highest paid players.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. He's been class when he's been fit but he's just not fit enough of the time.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
MuddyWaters
May 8, 2022, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236

Sadly, I have to agree with this. He's been class when he's been fit but he's just not fit enough of the time.

Given the gravity of the injury, he won’t be playing for anyone much before the end of next season.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
gtfc_chris
May 9, 2022, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Saturday was the first time I'd seen him since his emergence as a starter in recent weeks and for the 13 minutes he played he was brilliant. Even with 10 men I think the game would have played out differently if you take it that his performance lasted the entire 90.

Quite obviously that wasn't the case so no point dwelling on the game. For a new deal though I think he's blown his chance of getting one. I was chatting with my brother-in-law the other week and said that I thought if he maintained his form and fitness it wouldn't be out the question that he'd get a new deal, get injured and that's him done at GTFC.

Sadly - sort of - I think he's going to be gone now. It's sad because we've finally seen the talent he has in recent weeks, albeit not exactly a lengthy period of time. At the same time though, we knew his ability to stay injury free was questionable as has proven to be the case so it's not as if we're set to lose a mainstay of the side.

Even though we've barely seen him I hope the Club look after him. Hurst clearly liked his character enough to keep him even though he wasn't likely to feature much and has spoken highly of him behind the scenes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
golfer
May 9, 2022, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If a player is injured playing for Town and while he is off injured his contract runs out is he booted out the door or do we keep paying him until the injury clears up ?. I know what seems fair.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
arryarryarry
May 9, 2022, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from golfer
If a player is injured playing for Town and while he is off injured his contract runs out is he booted out the door or do we keep paying him until the injury clears up ?. I know what seems fair.

A contract is a contract and when it ends the player is given another one or leaves injured or not, in exactly the same way your best player could just walk away if their contract is up.

As regards Scannell considering minutes on the pitch he has been very well paid.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scanz interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.