9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
May 7, 2022, 5:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
If its in the box your the last man and don't attempt to play the ball its red, a slightly mistimed tackle is usually a yellow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2022, 6:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Meza

JMD for me still doesn't look fit when u compare to a different athlete like Max Wright. Has ability but really does need to come back next season a bit lighter.

For what JMD offered when he came on I’m amazed Sousa didn’t get the call as he’s fitter, works harder and has good application. I was disappointed to see Smith pushing JMD up the pitch with 10 minutes to go as it looked like he’d given up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
ginnywings
May 7, 2022, 6:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

For what JMD offered when he came on I’m amazed Sousa didn’t get the call as he’s fitter, works harder and has good application. I was disappointed to see Smith pushing JMD up the pitch with 10 minutes to go as it looked like he’d given up.

Sousa is fitter but doesn't have the end product. JMD is not fit, it's obvious, but he's more likely to do something. He brought a great save out of their keeper before the wheels fell off.

They were no threat at all until the sh1t hit the fan and JMD was the right call I thought.

As for the penalty, I think the original foul was outside the box from one viewing. Will have a look at the replay when it's out, not that it makes a difference now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
chipsandgravy
May 7, 2022, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Kris2

Max Wright is hardly an athlete. Skinny whippet that is falling apart so much that he basically never plays. Never seen a muscle on him or a look that says athlete. Just a skeleton who can run fast.

Anyway complete disgrace and joke, can't see us putting in a performance against Boreham Wood if we make silly mistakes like today. Quite bored of paying good money to be humiliated against tiny clubs because the players make sure it happens. You give the players your support then they spit in your face season after season, don't know why it's so much to ask to put together a team that doesn't intercourse it up on purpose every season. New owners trying to make a difference, fans turning up in droves but then these idiots screw it up.

Heres an idea how to save your hard earned cash. Stay at home and watch Four in a bed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
Hagrid
May 7, 2022, 6:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Heres an idea how to save your hard earned cash. Stay at home and watch Four in a bed.

Eh four in a bed’s allright!! 😅
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
golfer
May 7, 2022, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Abrahams is going to be a star player in the future - still young - try to sign him Paul. Gives his all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2022, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Sousa is fitter but doesn't have the end product. JMD is not fit, it's obvious, but he's more likely to do something. He brought a great save out of their keeper before the wheels fell off.

They were no threat at all until the sh1t hit the fan and JMD was the right call I thought.

As for the penalty, I think the original foul was outside the box from one viewing. Will have a look at the replay when it's out, not that it makes a difference now.

No doubting his quality at all but when you’re down to 10 work rate is really important. End product is certainly an issue for Sousa but since returning from injury it’s not been JMD’s best asset either. All that said I’d probably start him Tuesday as he needs to find form & fitness and he won’t do it on the bench.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
cmackenzie4
May 7, 2022, 6:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Anyone else think that Taylor doesn’t do enough ? There was an excellent chance for him In the box (2nd half) but he waited instead of getting goal side of the keeper, he doesn’t seem to get in positions to Nick a goal (like Amond did) from what I’ve seen of him I’m not overly impressed with his play.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
quebec38
May 7, 2022, 6:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Strange game. Not too bothered about the result. The Scannell injury overshadowed the whole thing for me. Nobody does but he definitely didn’t deserve that. We’ve lost a cracking player for the end of the season, what a huge shame.

We’ll still make the playoffs albeit a tougher tie away from home now.

Just gutted for Scannell.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
TownSNAFU5
May 7, 2022, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Missing 3 key players is very bad of course.  It stacks the odds more against us.

On a slight positive, Glasgow Rangers got to a European final with probably their best 3 players missing (their leading scorer,  Morelos, Kemar Roofe and Aaron Ramsey).

Excellent team spirit can help to compensate for key players missing.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.