TAGG
May 24, 2022, 12:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You reckon he would have used the term 'Street language' if it had been Ryan Taylor?

FFS do we really have to??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
HerveJosse
May 24, 2022, 12:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Apart from the street language comment which was I’ll judged I thought the coverage was ok.The Bt commentators and pundits job is to generate interest and talk up 5th tier football for a National audience intimate knowledge of each team and club isn’t a prerequisite for that. At least BT sport cover the National League unlike Sky /BBC so deserve some leeway for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 24, 2022, 12:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309

It's got a Grim Aldi to be fair to it.

It hosts a fair few grand prix too

"a Grim Aldi" - bloody hell that is awful!

You should have had the Grace to delete it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
TownSNAFU5
May 24, 2022, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
They were obsessed with the last few games for each club.  As if that mattered,  we rested a whole team at Eastleigh.  County played teams in the bottom 4.  As the result showed, recent form had no bearing.  Why concentrate on it when other analysis was more interesting in the time available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Kris2
May 24, 2022, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I see the usual obsessive contrarians made an appearance to disagree with the popular opinion. I'm sorry but if you saw the BT coverage as not biased then I can't imagine what you consider to be biased and one-sided coverage. Almost the entire pre-match was spent bigging up Notts County with a tiny segue to talk about Town for a minute or so. It felt as if they decided the winner before the match and the commentary continued with the narrative. The commentary felt like an England match, they were all in on Notts County, every foul was "that wasn't a foul" or "he made the most of that one" but if one of their players threw themselves on the ball it was a clear foul on them. Constant focus on their players and the drama of their injury crisis, constant views of their bench and close ups of the managers face with drama monologues. It's pretty clear they would have preferred Wrexham vs Notts County for some reason, I guess this small town in the bottom end of nowhere isn't cultured and fashionable enough for them.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BT Sport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.