Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Solihull Moors Match Thread  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Solihull Moors Match Thread  (merged)

This thread currently has 17,492 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
June 5, 2022, 5:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Absolutely brilliant, Except the BBC website is showing it as Solihull 2 Town 1. Well done to Paul Hurst who has been a giant over the last three games and the season as a whole.  A credit to to himself and the club. Well done to the new owners, Jason and Andrew. I have to mention Jason because of his articles in the Guardian explaining the culture they were bringing to the club. I wrote several times on here saying that the decline of the club was down to the then owner not appreciating the culture and tradition of this great club. I got insulted by some but I know there is sense in this argument. Jason's article yesterday summed this up. A fantastic achievment to get back at the first time of asking in a league that is now much better than before.  This time we are going to build on this promotion because we have the right people in charge.
Congratulations to all the players. I am very proud to be a Mariner tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 91
sonofmadeleymariner
June 5, 2022, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Make sure to wave to the Scunny fans as we pass them  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 91
June 5, 2022, 6:25pm
Guest User
Excellent playoff series by Town.  Two away games then the big one in London, and extra time in all 3 of them.  We must have one of the fittest teams in the League.  We deserve to be back in League 2 and hopefully we can move higher. UTM!!

P.S.  I will now buy FIFA again this year, as we will be in the game this time around after getting promoted.  Yes, I'm a 76 year old gamer and just love it.
Reply: 82 - 91
Nutsy
June 5, 2022, 6:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
I’d love us to look at Sbarra and whoever their Left Winger was…

Solihull and Ardeley show the best of this league, and I wish them the best next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 91
BenBB
June 5, 2022, 6:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614
Excellent playoff series by Town.  Two away games then the big one in London, and extra time in all 3 of them.  We must have one of the fittest teams in the League.  We deserve to be back in League 2 and hopefully we can move higher. UTM!!

P.S.  I will now buy FIFA again this year, as we will be in the game this time around after getting promoted.  Yes, I'm a 76 year old gamer and just love it.

Fun fact: It'll be the last FIFA game you'll ever buy, since EA have fell out with FIFA since they charge ridiculous amounts of money for the licence and they're renaming the games after to EA Sports FC.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 91
Stockport Mariner
June 5, 2022, 7:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
I thought Solihull looked the best side we’ve played in the playoffs. They are very dangerous side, that’s the first time in 6 games they’ve not scored 3 and overall we defended pretty well. A really outstanding achievement this, proud of every single one of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 91
bobbyturtle
June 5, 2022, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
we've escaped hell a lot quicker than i thought. that is just awesome.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 91
ginnywings
June 5, 2022, 8:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Stockport Mariner
I thought Solihull looked the best side we’ve played in the playoffs. They are very dangerous side, that’s the first time in 6 games they’ve not scored 3 and overall we defended pretty well. A really outstanding achievement this, proud of every single one of them.

I think this is where our experience came into play. Their better players didn't produce the goods and they had some very good chances to score and good situations which they didn't capitalise on.

A lot of pressure on them and in each of the three games, the underdog won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 91
Nutsy
June 5, 2022, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
This result shows the team spirit. Big kudos to Mani, without whom we wouldn’t have got to the final - he could have thrown his toys out like we have seen with some strikers who are jsut used off the bench.

Everyone plays a part and knows there role, and the team benefits because of this - that it is a Paul Hurst side.

If we can keep the majority of this squad with s few tweaks and upgrades we could use the momentum - similar to 2016, but without losing keys players and Hurst!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 91
DB
June 5, 2022, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,032
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings

I think this is where our experience came into play. Their better players didn't produce the goods and they had some very good chances to score and good situations which they didn't capitalise on.

A lot of pressure on them and in each of the three games, the underdog won.

Well put Ginny, the underdogs won again and got their just reward. League 2 here we come

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Solihull Moors Match Thread  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.